Paul Chapman

Started by theflyinghawk, January 20, 2012, 08:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

He is a sc gun and im sure he didnt have the year he would have liked to have had last year, but he still averaged over 100. i think he is a very good chance to average 110+ and cant see him slipping any lower then he did last season, but i see hardly any teams with him at this stage. have i missed something?

Neil Balme has said Chapman played injured for a big chunk of last year. I think it's fair to say Chapman has played injured or with injury issues most seasons. I think he is a risk (but dam good player). Also he is now 30 y/o. I think these are the reasons coaches are steering clear. Maybe upgrade target towards the end of season.   

theta

since the interchange rule I cant see chappy dominating like he used to - those ol hammys cant take it.

Ringo

I think the issue is that with Chapman getting on in years and with a history of hamstring injuries that coaches are a little cautious and at $548k is it worth the risk.

Purple 77

For me, even though this is a short term game, for one year, i still don't like picking ageing players. They are just more prone to injury and there is always gonna be a year when they are gonna slow down, it could be this year, or next, or the next. Just not taking that risk.

theflyinghawk

so who would be your best picks for under 550k? or should i downgrade say horsley and get pavman, who should be moving back to the forward line which for some strange reason tends to help his scoring.

Grazz

I reckon theyve sorted his Hamstring issues that used to plague him. Last couple of years he's hardly had any issues.
He missed rnd 1 last year unsure why and rnd 11 was due to a bad corky from memory. Played every other game.
Still in saying all that i would rather have him as an upgrade target than start with him.

Swallow12

At that price too risky given his injury history, as well as his age

Fletch74

Upgrade target for me. The price is too risky given his age and injury history. There are other options just as good as him, who you'll be able to pick up for maybe less...

Colliwobblers

i upgraded to him mid to late last season will do the same again, for me its more about how the cats are going, chappy wont slow down i dont think he will just stop :)

theta

Apart from the issues of age, hammies, interchange rule, etc - there is one other thing that worries me about chappy.

I remember reading a post on ff last year that claimed 4/5 of his seasons leading up to 2010 he had been rested or injured in 3-4 of the final 5-6 games for the H&A season.  I stayed away from him last year for this reason (+ the hammies).

Of course, he then had no hammy issues last season and went ahead and played all the games leading into the finals anyway.  >:(

Just another thing to consider.

Grazz

They pretty much sorted his Hammy issues out 2 years ago.

cortez

Is absolutely flying!!! who's gonna grab him?

Hippo

Yep! hes under priced

Red Dirtie

No chance this year!

I have had him for tha last 3 years, (dont get me wrong he's been influental to me) but i cant sleep at nights thinking when is it going to be the time that his hammy goes TWANG!

I love that little bald man but i cant do it to myself again, and i do hope he plays all year he is a superstar but getting old and cant keep up with the younger lads!