OTHER ROOKIE
24 (49%)
OTHER MID PRICER
5 (10.2%)
OTHER PREMIUM
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

picker_man

anyone who would like to give me feedback plz, i just wanted to do an easy one to start of with so i took rookie brown as this is my first ever right up on a player and wanted to make sure this is the sort of info you would be looking for and 2 c if its not to generic and things you already know then ill give you the top players. Ive tried to put in things i have written down from Simon's saying in press conferences and other related info let me know what you think :) :) :)

Lock in Brown to ur backs bench , he arrived at Adelaide 4 weeks early and it allowed him to settle into training and get used to the sessions before any other rookie had even looked like approaching the front door.With the 19yr old being recruited by the crows through a trade deal with the GWS it was obviouse he had talent as his SANFL club the Redlegs surprisingly pushed hard for him to be tacken by an AFL club because they knew he had the skills, and the crows obliged publicly saying they didnt want to miss out and organised a trade deal to get him. After recruiting him there has been plenty of talk around the crows camp in regards to this young recruit and he will be put into defence this year so he can gain afl experience, but is looking at a long term career within the crows midfield as he can use the ball accurately which is what he did in the SANFL this yr with 80% disposal proficientcy.

Matt Rendell (crows recruiter) see's no problems with Brown playing afl footy tommorow his only problem is trying to fit him into the team. So with Scotty Stevens retireing last year, us loosing Bock to GC 2yrs ago, Armstrong will be running off in defence for the swannies and GWS poaching Davis its obviouse we are desperate to develope  a new defender. We even looked at trying to trade in Cale Hooker and wing defender Ricky Dyson from the Bombers to cover our depleated backline (without success obviously) and news has also come through defender Luke Thompson isnt training as he is dealing with an ankle injure opening another of many spots Brown should slot straight into. With Rutten taking the KPF and Brown not being tall enough (181cm) to take CHB role he should be a running HB on the opposite flank to Johncock giving him enough possesion to increase his DT scores nicely.

Brown averaged 15.6 disposal and 4.2 marks last year in the SANFLwith Norwood, not massive stats but his best asset was his durability not missing a game all season and all the problems our defence has and will continue to have, i belive he will play early and a key role for adelaide which we will see him play atleast 85% of games.
Priced at 98k all the hpye and role's available he can fill, he's a Lock in my opinion. ;D

ScoreGasm

What about some of the new recruits Jenkins, Johnston, Lynch etc?

elephants

Quote from: picker_man on January 21, 2012, 02:39:18 AM
Hey cw and anyone who would like to give me feedback, i just wanted to do an easy one to start of with so i took rookie brown as this is my first ever right up on a player and wanted to make sure this is the sort of info you would be looking for before giving you a write up on vb and dangerfield 2moz so just want to make sure im on the right track with the kind of info you are looking for and 2 c if its not to generic and things you already know then ill give you the top players. Ive tried to put in things i have written down from Simon's saying in pres confrences im sure only adelaide viewers would see and other related info let me know what you think :) :) :)

Lock in Brown to ur backs bench , he arrived at Adelaide 4 weeks early and it allowed him to settle into training and get used to the sessions before any other rookie had even looked like approaching the front door.With the 19yr old being recruited by the crows through a trade deal with the GWS it was obviouse he had talent as his SANFL club the Redlegs surprisingly pushed hard for him to be tacken by an AFL club because they knew he had the skills, and the crows obliged publicly saying they didnt want to miss out and organised a trade deal to get him. After recruiting him there has been plenty of talk around the crows camp in regards to this young recruit and he will be put into defence this year so he can gain afl experience, but is looking at a long term career within the crows midfield as he can use the ball accurately which is what he did in the SANFL this yr with 80% disposal proficientcy.

Matt Rendell (crows recruiter) see's no problems with Brown playing afl footy tommorow his only problem is trying to fit him into the team. So with Scotty Stevens retireing last year, us loosing Bock to GC 2yrs ago, Armstrong will be running off in defence for the swannies and GWS poaching Davis its obviouse we are desperate to develope  a new defender. We even looked at trying to trade in Cale Hooker and wing defender Ricky Dyson from the Bombers to cover our depleated backline (without success obviously) and news has also come through defender Luke Thompson isnt training as he is dealing with an ankle injure opening another of many spots Brown should slot straight into. With Rutten taking the KPF and Brown not being tall enough (181cm) to take CHB role he should be a running HB on the opposite flank to Johncock giving him enough possesion to increase his DT scores nicely.

Brown averaged 15.6 disposal and 4.2 marks last year in the SANFLwith Norwood, not massive stats but his best asset was his durability not missing a game all season and all the problems our defence has and will continue to have, i belive he will play early and a key role for adelaide which we will see him play atleast 85% of games.
Priced at 98k all the hpye and role's available he can fill, he's a Lock in my opinion. ;D
Awesome Write-up mate. Learnt a fair bit there. Thinking about Brown a lot more now. Also he has Back/Mid Mpp.
Thanks dude!

Colliwobblers

great info picekr-man, and i agree i rate brown, want sure when he would get a game and what the crows thought of him, you have answered both those wuestions nicely, thats exactly th type of info people need, inside info.

I have done a write up on brown on my  detective thread, i'll add the link to your write up to it so people can see your post as it is very helpful.

Thanks.

Grazz

Nice work Pickers, wouldnt of known it was your 1st attempt had you said nothing. Good stuff.

picker_man

Thanks for the feed back guys ;D  Ive been busy last couple of days but will have more previews on crows players coming through here's my next one Josh Jenkins ENJOY ;D

picker_man

Only 12 months into the AFL system spending it on Essendons rookie list the 22 yr old basketball convert was swayed by the Adelaide crows to join them for the 2012 season who went the extra mile to snare Jenkins after he recieved plenty of phone calls from Melbourne clubs. Jenkins admitted to the crows they were a bit further down on his priority list but there hospitality, facilities and a meeting with new coach sando got him over the line.
Why did the Crows want Jenkins its his versatility the 199cm giant at a solid 103kg can play Ruck, Forward, Defence and believe it or not he even enjoyed a few games in the midfield for VFL club Bendigo last year, saying himself i dont want to be classified as a "pure ruckman" and thats why it wasnt only AFL club Adelaide who were salivating over recuiting him.  (he should be MPP for every position :P )

With Adealide loosing Key big men Phil Davis (GWS), Ivan maric (richmond), Jack Gunston (Hawks) James Sellar (Freo) to other clubs and Brad moran, Scott Stevens both retiring Jenkins said he could see himself slotting into a range of different positions and so can the coach with sando saying 'were going to give him a game' and indicated there would be oppurtunites for him.

With Jenkins arriving at the Crows club on Nov 7th and 2 weeks later starting his pre season training he has impressed with his fitness and work ethic and beat all comers in the 40m sprint not bad for 199cm 103kg big man. Even with all his talent and versatility I dont see Jenkins as starting on your DT bench as Jacobs will be helped by tippet in the ruck but he should easily get ahead of Shaun Mckernan as the clubs no.2 ruck. It just depends if Sando wants to keep Tippett purely  forward and have 2 pure rucks playing (why not hey??) so lets see how he goes in the NAB cup as he should get a game there, Then as soon as Sando gives him that oppurtunity to play in the AFL as he said he would i would look closely at him for a ruck downgrade target
Sam Kerridge next then some bigger named Crows 8)

Grazz

Great stuff Picker, as a one eyed Crows supporter im enjoying the insight's your providing, keep em coming.

Ziplock

here's a left field- thoughts about dowdell?

Ex-basketball player, 24 years old, 203 cm and 100kg.

:P

picker_man

haha thats one prolly a little bit further then left field zip
maybe in the grandstand or car park.
After training in the off season of his NCAA basketball team Santa Clara for Cairns Taipens Big Dowdell had a pre season match against the Adelaide 36'ers. When he came to Adelaide for the match he had also lined up a day to have a kick of the footy and see how his skills were. As he was brought up in Nowra NSW it was all Rugby League and Basketball for him as a  youngster and had never really kicked a footy before ??? . Well on day 3 of learning with the sherrin and mate getting him in the door he went in front of his first AFL club the crows and they must of been impressed and put him onto there rookie list under the 'alternative rule' :o .

Even though he is definantly a project player for the crows there must be some talent with the sherrin for him to be taken, He will now have to get past Jacobs, Jenkins and Mckernan to get a game which wont happen for atleast 2 years you would think.

If he does play Ziplock just depends if you want another 'alternative rule' player in your team aswell as Karmichael Hunt and Israel Falou :P .
That was an interesting write up Ziplock didnt even know who he was and will be just as interesting to see how he progresses over the next few years :)   

Ziplock

Well, in the Euros I have both him and Folau so....
should I be trying to get Hunt just to round it off :P

picker_man

you need to get a trade deal going grimes out hunt in then i would fly to the vatican to watch the trio play ;D

picker_man

A physicly mature rookie who is an inside midfield who can win his own footy and loves to run forward
and kick goals, sounds good. Thats why the crows picked up Sam Kerridge with there first pick at no.27 in the Afl draft and touted as he will go along way. At the age of 15 when he made his senior debut for Mildura, with there president saying “He made his seniors debut when he was about 15-years-old, and even then we could see he was going to be a champion”.

The 18 yr old excels at stoppages using his strong 82kg frame to win his own ball (Ave 10 contested possesions per game) and uses his great burst of speed and penetrating kick to helps him clear the ball from the congestion.With the crows having a lot of upside in there midfield this yr even though it is fair from settled, with young players stepping up who will be given more midfield time like patty dangerfield, sloane, mackay, VB and maybe petrenko and brodie smith it will be hard for any player to force his way in let alone a rookie.

But the upside to Kerridge is he's a mpp (mid/fwd) and the reason for this is he's a nice height at 188cm can take a straong mark and is an accurate kick for goal kicking 19.12 in 16 matches whilst playing for Bendigo Pioneers in the TAC cup. He also wracked up an impressive ave of 4.1 tackles per match and 24 disposals per game. Got himself promoted for 3 VFL games and showed them how its done being best on field in 2 of them.
Finishiing 4th in both the beep test and 3km trial at the AFL Combine the kid has endurance and at Adelaide training surprising both the Coach and other players with his endurance in there back to back 5 minute runs.  With most of the under 18 players coming into an AFL club for training take a while to find there feet  crows performance manager said he pleasantly surprised with Kerridge and he has hit the ground running showing the ability to handle the demands of AFL training. With the young guy quoted as saying 'I want an instant crows call up and what ever i need to do or anything extra the coaches want me to do to help me play, i will be doing". He must of also got browny points with the crows staff after staying with crows football operations general manager Phil Harper for 6 weeks.

I think a perfect spot has opened up for kerridge in taking over the role from scott stevens to be used up forward, down back or float around the mids / wing , even though he is 7cm smaller then stevens his skills are better and his endurance is vital for a role like that.  He will defiantly be getting games this yr i would think 10+ and will be in the running to be the first rookie to debut for the crows this yr priced at 98k positions to be filled in the crows line up, it will be one of these rookies that it comes down to the NAB Cup but if he goes well there will only be one reason that i mite not start with Kerridge on my bench, he's (was) a magpie supporter if i can get over that he'll be there :P

Colliwobblers

simply awesome pickers that write up rocks, i want him, he is rookie listed they promote him, then play him, im all over him.

Thanks for the write up great work.

picker_man

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 22, 2012, 11:06:18 PM
simply awesome pickers that write up rocks, i want him, he is rookie listed they promote him, then play him, im all over him.

Thanks for the write up great work.
haha maybe could of worded it better then "im all over him" haha :P
Cheers m8 theyve been really enjoyable to do im just worried my dt could be made up of a 30 man crows squad haha.