Joel Selwood shoe in for Captaincy.. More pressure or motovation?

Started by essendon33, January 17, 2012, 08:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon33

yes we know Joel Selwood is without a doubt a gun at the age of 23,
Assuming he wins Geelongs captaincy will it produce pressure to perform or will Sellwood push through and put together an unbelievable year?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/frank-costa-punts-on-joel-selwood-as-cats-skipper/story-e6frf9jf-1226246716878

Thoughts?

SydneyRox

He strikes me as the kinda guy who would go the extra yard to inspire the rest of his team, so I dont think the captaincy would be an issue to his scoring

Colliwobblers

yeah not a scrap of difference he plays that way (like a leader) anyway, cant seeing it making any difference either way

jasonweare

In my team at the moment. Doubt having the captaincy will affect his scoring

Hawka

Its a wait and see IMO it could go either away , But this should not effect whether u get him or not as he is a gun and will improve his average

SydneyRox

He isnt in my team at the moment, the byes situation means I cant fit him in, but will be one of the first drafted in after the bye

Grazz

I think he'll go well regardless of Cpt. He's the sort of character that could/would thrive with the captaincy and take his game up another notch, the guys a out and out star. After the bye welcome aboard Joel as Syd said.

Purple 77

If any difference was made, i think he would be better because of it

Grazz

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 19, 2012, 12:37:08 PM
If any difference was made, i think he would be better because of it

Yeh he's a Gun, and would want to lead by example,not that he doesnt already.

sluga

I think that Selwood will thrive under the pressure of being captain and increase his average just like Boyd did last year, which would mean that Selwood average will go to 121 this year.

Cruiseon

Quote from: sluga on January 19, 2012, 04:29:11 PM
I think that Selwood will thrive under the pressure of being captain and increase his average just like Boyd did last year, which would mean that Selwood average will go to 121 this year.

I agree, its a daunting prospect.

One thing I predict is that he will start to get less free kicks. I don't want to reignite the debate of head down Vs diving but let just say his tecnique which others have also started to employ will come under more scrutiny. That said I don't think it will seriously impact his SC scores.

charliesheen

Cruiseon

I'm trying to keep my personal opinions out of it.  :-X  But I hear ya!

charliesheen

Jervz999

Last i heard its not against the rules to drop your knees while being tackled, bending the rules maybe. The blokes a gun, definitely in my squad. Probably the hardest player in the game IMO and im not a Geelong man!