Nathan Brown

Started by Gooner, January 10, 2012, 02:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooner

One from left field and I who I haven't seen spoken about, is he worth a look?

According to fanplanner, he's received a 50% discount, he should play 22 games and with Tarrant in the team, it could free him up a little more to get a bit more of the ball.

There are obviously going to be rookies who will score higher and increase in price more, but they may struggle to play 22 games. 

He's only a little more than rookies who were picked early in the draft and has better job security.  I'd only consider him for Supercoach and not Dreamteam, but am I crazy for looking at a fourth year key position defender?

Galea89

Im a pie supoprter myself and I have been keeping an eye on Nathan Brown. The only problem is that I really doubt he will play 22 games and it is unkown what role he will play. He might play a traditional full back role and Taz will float up forward to fill the Leigh Brown role that is now vacant, or he may play in a pocket. With Marty Clarke in the side and many defenders putting their hands up, ie Goldsack, Buckly, N.Brown and Clarke all on the fringe, im not he is guranteed a spot.

His on the radar, but I would be keeping an eye on how he goes in the NAB cup and how Collingwood set up their squad.

Cruiseon

I can't see why he wouldn't play a full season. He was pretty much fully fit (not match fit) by the GF last year.

He'll certainly be in Collingwood's main structure with Tarrant, Reid, Maxwell, Shaw, Johnson, O'Brien and a Goldsack making up a handy back-line.

The down-side is that he was never a big SC scorer. Even in his rookie year when he was great value he is a 50-60 average at best.

dmac07

He may play every game, it will be very interesting to see how collingwood structures its big men under buckley.

Between tarrent, reid, brown, maxwell and obrien, buckley may feel the back line is too big/slow. With cloke and dawes up forward i cant see any of these guys getting significant time up forward.

With leigh 'spud' brown gone there may be an extra position for someone who can pinch hit in the ruck if pies decide to go with jolly and a part timer instead of wood or the new boy witts.

When its all said and done tho, even if he is fit and playing, i cant see his average exceeding 70 at the most anyway so would rather risk it on a rookie.

Slick5

Hmm Depends on the opposition and how many tall forwards they have in the side, plus he has always been more of a stopper.

tferrier18

He'll play. But he doesn't have any scoring potential so not worth it imo

Colliwobblers

the pies rate him and he will be there in the best 22, BUT that will only allow tarrant to go forward, either to half back or right up fwd, tarrant has far more potential and ability to be realeased to go fwd than brown does, and although tarrant did a great job at true FB last season brown would still be rated higher in that position by the pies i would think, all adding up to an absolute NO for N Brown

meow meow

He hasn't been the same since he left the Bulldogs and broke his leg.

Purple 77

yeahhhhhhhhhhh............. no.

His sort of position wont allow him to score well, sure he might fluke the odd 90, but thats as big as it gets. Big no.