Buddy price decrease

Started by Bluesman, January 09, 2012, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesman

I know just about everyone will have Buddy as their lock in the Fwds and we all know how great a player Buddy is - but is he THAT good?? The $600k price tag (for me) is his ceiling. He is the type of player who COULD very well drop $100-150k with a few poor games great pick up! All layers can have poor games but for that price and the fact he wil always be double/triple teamed, he'll certainly need to continue kicking many goals to simply MAINTAIN his price. Needless to say they will have Roughy back and Jack Gunston to assist from last year, along with Clarko's ambition to not rely on Buddy as much i think he is on the record as saying late last year. For me, i'm not to sure he is worth it. Thoughts??

Kuruki

I will have one of Stevie J or Buddy. Im not sure who yet. The scary thing about not picking Buddy is when he smashes out a 130 140. Not having him when he does that means you are most probably going to loose your league match that week.

valkorum

I look at it this way - you will most likely want him in your side by the end of the year.... so do I pay for him now and not waste a trade OR hope that his price drops enough to warrant using a trade to bring him in.

I personally choose to get him in at the start (set and forget)

Ringo

Can understand your arguments and was the having thoughts as well.  With the Hawks early hard draw (Pies and Geelong in Round 1 & 2) he may be worth hanging off and target as an upgrade.

lozza63

For me Buddy's worth it cash - just a matter of where/who you sacrifice to fit him in - currently i cant fit him in but will be doing my utmost to get him in at the start.

charliesheen

Short answer.

Is he worth it?

Yes

Is he a lock?

No

Matty411

Years gone by he was the first forward picked. But now with the value surrounding Martin, Zaha, Robinson, Beams, Fyfe, Sidey and co, he's not locked as everyone's said. I think he is capable of averaging 110+ but with the risk of suspensions and those damn -3 from Free Againsts he's only hurting himself...

For me, if I don't roll with him from the start he'll be my first upgrade in the forward line.

jballstars

he is worth the price u ask me as Murphys law will no doubt bite you in the ass if you dont have him from Rd 1

diddley

Quote from: jballstars on January 09, 2012, 06:35:52 PM
he is worth the price u ask me as Murphys law will no doubt bite you in the ass if you dont have him from Rd 1
+1
i always avoid him for some reason, then i always regret not having him, then i find it very difficult to get him into the forward line later, as upgrading my midfielders takes priority. so im getting him from the start this year. set and forget.

enzedder

At his price he is one to trade in later IMO.

SydneyRox

Right now I am also looking at Buddy for the upgrade, spending the money elsewhere

Hippo

He is worth it no doubt, but no you dont have to have him, add the cats and Pies in the first 2 games and you prob can do without him until your first upgrade in say rd7-8.

i didn't have him last yr in either comps until upgrade time and still managed to make top 1% in both. granted not top 1000 but at the end of the day he wouldn't have got me in there anyway with the pt dif (dam you Higgins and Rioli).

I have him in but not sure not sure, surely Goodes could score the same in the upgrade time of 7 weeks with GWS, Port, North, Crows and Tigers.

yeah they are priced much the same but imo you will get Franklin cheaper than Goodes..... its just a example

damnfunky

well last year I waited and traded franklin for rd 22 and out again at the start of Rd 24 as he didnt play...so he didnt do much for me then! I finished #349 so I didnt really need him for the season and only traded him in at the end as a defensive strategy in my league match.

having said that he is currently in my team for 2012! not many premiums out there.

Hippo

Quote from: damnfunky on January 09, 2012, 09:05:09 PM
well last year I waited and traded franklin for rd 22 and out again at the start of Rd 24 as he didnt play...so he didnt do much for me then! I finished #349 so I didnt really need him for the season and only traded him in at the end as a defensive strategy in my league match.

having said that he is currently in my team for 2012! not many premiums out there.
BANG thats my pt exactly

CuStArDaRm

He is definately worth it, that said he isnt a must. Especially with the likes of Brown and Roo so cheaply priced if you were to pick both of them maybe you dont want another big fwd although Buddy is of a different breed of course.