Aaron Sandilands - Turf Toe

Started by nichsa673, January 08, 2012, 02:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Aaron Sandilans says that he is 100% fit and back into full training. After reading this article I am more tempted to pick him over Luenberger, as Hudson and Longer may take awau some scoring.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-ruckman-aaron-sandilands-back-on-his-toes/story-e6frf9jf-1226238918949

Colliwobblers

yeah all the money is on burger that i can see, im a sandi dan but fr 10k less and potentialy less risk i am leading towards burger too with mcevoy my 2nd regardless due to his bye
i guess te options are spend more on cox or go to mummy or goly if your worried about the burger.

pistolpk

The worry with Sandilands is how many games he will play.
He has only played 22 games once in his career.

Off Tap

Quote from: pistolpk on January 08, 2012, 09:38:30 AM
The worry with Sandilands is how many games he will play.
He has only played 22 games once in his career.

That's my concern as well. History indicates that he will be the better scorer than most but the last 2 years have now put a shadow over his durability. He has burnt me last 2 years so I'm going for the young guys this year.

Football Factory

Big Sandi locked for me. This could be the 2nd year he plays all 22 games  :o . If he only plays 19-20 i can live with that there's some good ruck rookie backup again this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127709/default.aspx

Andrew

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 08, 2012, 11:43:52 AM
Big Sandi locked for me. This could be the 2nd year he plays all 22 games  :o . If he only plays 19-20 i can live with that there's some good ruck rookie backup again this year.

I'm trying my best to fit Sandilands & Cox into the same team. I'm surprised more aren't keen on picking Cox again but fair enough he is expensive. Jacobs is my plan B if Cox is too expensive, or H-Mac if he can show some form in the pre-season (unlikely). I feel old school going into another DT season with Cox & Sandilands, but as long as Sandi is over his toe injury (surely the case he's been rested since the start of September) I see no reason why they won't be averaging around 100 again this season.

Miss Pies

Quote from: Andrew on January 08, 2012, 04:34:50 PM

I'm trying my best to fit Sandilands & Cox into the same team. I'm surprised more aren't keen on picking Cox again but fair enough he is expensive. Jacobs is my plan B if Cox is too expensive, or H-Mac if he can show some form in the pre-season (unlikely). I feel old school going into another DT season with Cox & Sandilands, but as long as Sandi is over his toe injury (surely the case he's been rested since the start of September) I see no reason why they won't be averaging around 100 again this season.
Don't like telling you this but Sandi has never avg 100 in his entire career.

Maybe check out my other thread?
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45690.0.html

Andrew

I said "around 100" but yes good research on your behalf. You just feel that if fit, he's too big a player not to dominate and thus score well. The rest of the ruckmen available all present a bit of a step into the unknown, Goldstein a possibility but getting difficult to find the cash.

Miss Pies

Quote from: Andrew on January 08, 2012, 04:58:23 PM
I said "around 100" but yes good research on your behalf. You just feel that if fit, he's too big a player not to dominate and thus score well. The rest of the ruckmen available all present a bit of a step into the unknown, Goldstein a possibility but getting difficult to find the cash.

That's one of my downfalls actually. I don't research any player just go on memory but I'm old lol (well older than most on the site). And yes I get it wrong a lot!! hahah :)
I'm a bit of a stats freak and follow the VFL too only cus I am Vice Pressy to a VFL team here where I live on the NSW North Coast.  8)

Andrew

Quote from: Miss Pies on January 08, 2012, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: Andrew on January 08, 2012, 04:58:23 PM

That's one of my downfalls actually. I don't research any player just go on memory but I'm old lol (well older than most on the site). And yes I get it wrong a lot!! hahah :)
I'm a bit of a stats freak and follow the VFL too only cus I am Vice Pressy to a VFL team here where I live on the NSW North Coast.  8)

Fair points, I live in Perth so it's that little bit easier to follow the progress of players over here - but didn't help me last season in predicting Sandi's return from injury! (that said I didn't have the trades to ditch him anyway LOL).  Good to hear you've got involved in the administrative side of football I'm sure that it's good fun.

Miss Pies

LOL Cheers, only came up here just over a year ago was mainly with the NAB Auskick in Melb, which I still am up here but not as heavily orientated as Melb. As for being Vice Pressy in such a small town the job ranges from giving the guys their geurnseys and bibs to statistician all year(love that part!!) and to open up the tuck shop at half time LOL. We need more vollunteers really :) HA

Edit: And I get to go down to the lockers YUMMM ha. (Seen many a thing or two in there rofl)

Miss Pies

Only downside is I can not win anything else in DT being the Auskick coach and marketing (glad I had won something if only small before all this) . But SC I can! woot!

Grazz

Cox hasnt looked like slowing down yet, minor injuries hurt him late but he's a Gun, Sandi is my 2nd at the minute but this could change although unlikely.

Football Factory

Quote from: Miss Pies on January 08, 2012, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: Andrew on January 08, 2012, 04:34:50 PM

Don't like telling you this but Sandi has never avg 100 in his entire career.

Maybe check out my other thread?
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45690.0.html

If you take out his injury affected games

Round 3: cut above left eye subbed in the 3rd Qtr. (79) points

Round 9: turf toe injury subbed in the 4th Qtr. (90) points

Round 14: soreness of the turf toe subbed in the 3rd Qtr. (47) points

He averaged 101.9

Colliwobblers