Rookies most likely to play.

Started by nichsa673, January 06, 2012, 01:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

We all know about the rookies that GWS got, and the other rookies that look like steals at lower draft picks. But which rookies are going to be playing this year, and you can select as cash cows? Below is about 15 players who I think will play games, and that could be selected.

1. Billie Smedts                8.Dayne Zorko
2. Dylan Shiel                  9.Sam Docherty
3, Brandon Ellis               10. Stephen Coniglio
4. Matthew Buntine          11.Tory Dickson
5. Jonathan Giles             12. Terry Miler/Ahmed Saad
6. Luke Brown                 13.Lee Spurr
7. Tom Mitchell               14. Orren Stephenson.

Are there any other player who I have forgotten?

c4v3m4n

Both Darren Pfeiffer and Kyal Horsley should see game time this year.

Kyal Horsley is a semi-lock for me in the mids. Dominated the WAFL last year, averaging 24 possessions a game, runner up in the Sandover and I hear his Champion Data scores were incredible as well. Should play most if not all games for GC this year.

I know there's a heap more out there, but no others come to mind at the moment.

PurpleArmy

Morris from Richmond I'd say will play a fair few for the Tigers, also Chad Wingard will get a few. Can't wait for the nab cup to see some of these kids

CuStArDaRm

nichsa673

Quote from: c4v3m4n on January 06, 2012, 01:21:01 PM

Kyal Horsley is a semi-lock for me in the mids. Dominated the WAFL last year, averaging 24 possessions a game, runner up in the Sandover and I hear his Champion Data scores were incredible as well. Should play most if not all games for GC this year.

Yea, the only reason I didn't add him is because I didn't know if there was a spot for him. But I think it might have opened up with the exit of Krakouer

c4v3m4n

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 06, 2012, 01:45:40 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on January 06, 2012, 01:21:01 PM

Yea, the only reason I didn't add him is because I didn't know if there was a spot for him. But I think it might have opened up with the exit of Krakouer

Even if Krakouer was still there he would have been included.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127169/default.aspx

McQualter and Coad will help out in the NEAFL, leaving Hall and Horsley to help out in the actual AFL squad.

kilbluff1985

Jeremy Cameron

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127656/default.aspx

I think due to Patton's injury Cameron will be a starter come round one GWS rate him very highly

Israel Folau - Surely this guy will get games just for publicity alone?

scotty_222

coad should see time in the backline i think.
u should see bock move to the forward line from time to time

reesbr

Knowall

Not sure why Luke Brown is on this list as a crows supporter I see Kerridge a hell of alot more likely to play. Even with Kerridge I think hes only a chance of being in the round 1 team.  Probally would be a better downgrade option during the year

Noz

Locked in Kyal Horsley and Callum Bartlett both will see game time next season.

Ex Doggie now Hawk Jarred Bouman will also see a bit of game time

4INAROW

tom couch, fwd $94k from melbourne is a maturish 23 yr old who could see a bit of game time and be a bit of a smokey, keep an eye out

ronl

Another smokey would have to be Elliot Kavanagh at Essendon.

jasonweare

Quote from: ronl on January 06, 2012, 07:16:38 PM
Another smokey would have to be Elliot Kavanagh at Essendon.

In the team at the moment. Locked if needed round 1

Ringo

Bit hard to make judgements without seeing NAB cup form as we know potential doe not equate to sc scores.

One I will be keeping an eye that has not been mentioned is Longer who will get game time if something happens to Berger or Hudson but also may be thrust into Brisbane's forward line if it does not fire.