Can Liam Anthony bounce back this Season?

Started by owenbond007, January 04, 2012, 11:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can Liam Anthony bounce back this Season?

Yes
11 (57.9%)
No
6 (31.6%)
Wouldnt have a clue. Who is this guy?
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

owenbond007

Was browsing through mid range midfielders. This guy has been a notoroius gun in past seasons but had a ordinary year last year and found the green vest a few times. Is he worth considering, seeing as hayes is priced around the same mark?

Torpedo10

I wouldn't be considering him. He get's the vest to many times. It would be too risky for me to get him as a Mid.

bowyanger

I nearly chose him before rd 1 last season...lucky

Ive hovered over his name a bit for the upcoming season. Not sure what the issue is...I definately saw potential.

Theres a few roo supporters bangin round here..they will provide some insight...I think he may have had an injury last pre season or somethin.??

With Atley & Bastinac coming through, would they be in front of Anthony?

Would it be better to take Anthony over JZ?

Im definately trying to get a Roo mid in.....they have an awesome draw

Should we just eradicate all doubt and go Swallow as the proven performer?

Ziplock

while he doesn't fit my structure, Swallow ticks all the boxs for me that 2012 will be his 110+ breakout season.

I don't know if that eases your decision :P

Honestly, if Anthony doesn't cop the sub this season, he'll be back. From memory, removing sub affected games last year he averaged 80+, given that his match fitness would be affected from subbing + lack of games, it means his DT potential is clearly still there.

me

no, he cannot. ziebell, wells, swallow only mids worth considering from the roos imo. i personally think ziebell will explode to at least a 90 average, he showed his dt capability at the end of the year. pity about his suspension

Colliwobblers

Swallow is the premium, Zeibel is the mid priced I'd leave Anthony well alone, wouldnt be too worried about the suspension petrie woeked out nicely last year missing the first couple.

I think there is better than swallow at the premium money but as usual Zip makes a good point, and me makes a good point in that Ziebel is set to kinda... break out which makes him a good midpriced option, still 90 + for me in the mids is not enough for a starting position, as soon as 4 guns can turn into 6 guns there will be no place for any midpriced midfielders in my team, so midpriced midfielders have to be potential cashcow type upgrades (meaningthey wuld have to be VERY cheap) or have to become keepers which 90+ really isn't given we only need 6 guys scoring 100+ and should start with 4..

I got Barlow as a midpriced turn into GUN keeper, 3 gun keepers and 2 rooks, the rooks will be upgraded first in all my upgrades to guns and what is on the bench won't matter much after round 13, likely cashcows (downgrade targets throughout the year, with a bit of luck DPP too).

Personnaly unless you see a midpriced midfielder as becming a keeper you shouldnt have one use them in the fwd and def

just my 2c.