Scott Thompson

Started by Fyfe_gun, December 29, 2011, 07:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyfe_gun

With the easiest fixture ever made you would have to be silly not to start with this guy. Everyones thoughts. Unique but also worthy of being in top 6 mids at end of year

Colliwobblers

something will have to go terribly wrong for him not to be top 5 come end of season. LOCK- i'm planning to upgrade to swan and pendles so my first 2 mid picks were Ablett - Thompson.

Thompson a bit unreliable to be captain material hence having ablett, by unreliable i mean he might only get 100 not 135 he can have good solid games and he can have off the wall games so risky as a capt but average him out over a season as you say with this draw especially this season and im betting you'll find him at the pointy end.

theflyinghawk

at the moment i have swan, gaz, pendles

pendles has a very good chance of becoming thompson for the start of the season

elephants

Swan, Gazz, Pendles, Barlow.

Barlow has turned in Scotty i think.

me

yeah i am strongly considering him as well, although the only off putting factor is that he seems to need an absolute showerload of possessions to get his hundreds... (mind u he does get them)

had him this year, and served me quite well, but even against the gold coast it took 50 odd possessions for him to score 150 dt points. imagine if some of the other mids got 50 possessions, u'd probably have seen a 200 dt score =p

gives away a fair few free kicks as well iirc

Football Factory

GCFC and GWS twice ...He's in

ronl

He let me down 2 years ago when he was heavily tagged.  He didn't seem to handle them very well.  Won't have him again in case the same happens.

Ziplock

I think he's good with the tag now. Was the only decent crows player this year, and seemed to deal with it :P

plays port, gws and gc twice each, lock n load.

PowerMan

lock and load. You be silly not to pick him IMO, potential captain material!

Ziplock

those are some really contradictory statements :P Just ftr though, I don't actually have thompson in my team this year, but I rate him as a solid pick nonetheless :P

n4cr123

Just interested in how many people are close to locking him in.... With Adelaide having an almost dream fixture this year this bloke is sure to increase his ave over the 110 mark.... He is also very durable missing only 4 games since 2005...
So a raise of hands who has him locked....

Swallow12

Not locked but on the very very short list

The It

Tossing up between him and Jelwood, his fixtures make him tempting

n4cr123

Will also add that he really helps out in terms of your bye structure...

me

i'm more likely to lock in VB than scotty t as i believe he will benefit far more from the easy draw (providing sanderson uses him as bicks did)