FG's MATURE PROFILES: Stephen Clifton

Started by Fyfe_gun, December 29, 2011, 04:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyfe_gun

Height : 182cm
Weight : 84kg
Recruited from : North Ballarat
Club : GWS

A dark horse for 2012, Clifton was drafted at the age of 24 to lead a group of teenagers. Kevin Sheedy has touted him as a former coach and he worked with Jon Giles this year as on field leaders in NEAFL, he has incredible leadership as well as football brains. GWS have recruited many on-field leaders such as James Macdonald, Dean Brogan, Chad Cornes ect. but Clifton is still only 24 and should play out most of the year barring injuries. He played in three premierships for North Ballarat and has a mature body as well as experience. He has a JJ Liston trophy (VFL's brownlow) under his belt and looks set to become a household name with the Giants. His DT potential is unmeasurable and he obviously finds the ball as shown by his JJ Liston trophy so should be a lock in many teams. What will be interesting is wether he is named as a C/F or just a Centre

FG's Rating : 8/10

elephants

Locked if C/F. Fighting it out with McDonald and Horsely for the last two mid spots if a mid ONLY.
Another great write up.

nostradamus

lock lock lock and lock......am l making my pont?

Football Factory

PowerMan

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 29, 2011, 04:52:25 PM
Height : 182cm
Weight : 84kg
Recruited from : North Ballarat
Club : GWS

A dark horse for 2012, Clifton was drafted at the age of 24 to lead a group of teenagers. Kevin Sheedy has touted him as a former coach and he worked with Jon Giles this year as on field leaders in NEAFL, he has incredible leadership as well as football brains. GWS have recruited many on-field leaders such as James Macdonald, Dean Brogan, Chad Cornes ect. but Clifton is still only 24 and should play out most of the year barring injuries. He played in three premierships for North Ballarat and has a mature body as well as experience. He has a JJ Liston trophy (VFL's brownlow) under his belt and looks set to become a household name with the Giants. His DT potential is unmeasurable and he obviously finds the ball as shown by his JJ Liston trophy so should be a lock in many teams. What will be interesting is wether he is named as a C/F or just a Centre

FG's Rating : 8/10

That's just convinced me on putting him in! Locked.

Kuruki

Im using the Assistant coach 2012 team picker.

Clifton is listed as a mid only.

I have seen him in a few forward lines on here. Is he listed differently in another planner? I would really like to have him in my forward line if this is the case but i wish to know which one is actually correct.

nostradamus

Thats a worry then......he's listed as c/f on ff ( initially it was c only)

l was hoping that it had changed after m0nty had a peek at DT gold

Let's hope some of the more experienced guys on here have more of an idea which is correct

elephants

Oh dear, looks like he will be fighting for a spot...

Football Factory

Spewballs looks like he's a centre only then..  >:(   

bowyanger

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 01, 2012, 03:27:04 PM
Spewballs

I thought I was the only person in the world to use this word?

You must be really nice....and....stuff

Football Factory

Quote from: bowyanger on January 01, 2012, 08:38:33 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 01, 2012, 03:27:04 PM
Spewballs

I thought I was the only person in the world to use this word?

You must be really nice....and....stuff
lol  8)

Chopps

Quote from: Kuruki on January 01, 2012, 12:34:03 PM
Im using the Assistant coach 2012 team picker.

Clifton is listed as a mid only.

I have seen him in a few forward lines on here. Is he listed differently in another planner? I would really like to have him in my forward line if this is the case but i wish to know which one is actually correct.

if you are using assistant coach  2012 team picker and he is mid only it is safe to say he is a mid only as that is official Dt unlike FF Planner

DT Gun

even if he is a C/F or just a C he is still a good pick

Football Factory

Quote from: DT Gun on January 01, 2012, 10:25:28 PM
even if he is a C/F or just a C he is still a good pick
Yeah still gonna have him M/F would have been tasty tho

elephants

Horsely, Shiel, McDonald, Mitchell or Clifton.

One of these must be left out....