My 1st team of 2012!

Started by dcmagadia21, December 16, 2011, 10:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

First team of 2012!

WHICH TEAM IS BETTER?

TEAM NAME: Barney and Friends
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, H. Hartlett, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (G. Urquhart, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, S. Thompson, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (S. Clifton, B. McKenzie)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (O. Stephenson, A. Pattison)
FWD: A. Goodes, D. Beams, N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, D. Stanley, W. Hoskin-Elliott (J. Porplyzia, B. Ah Chee)
CASH LEFT: $224,200

Fyfe_gun

You do realise Urquhart was rookie listed and only reason roos picked him up was to save roos from having to pay him 250k and now only like 50k. Start 2 rookies in def and have wilkes as only cover, needs to change. Look at Sierakowski or Luke Brown from Crows

Fyfe_gun

Missing Pendlebury or Murphy. Surely you rate Pendles over Rockliff

dcmagadia21

Barney and Friends Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by DC_Magsy. Salary cap left: $156,400.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Beau Waters, Phil Davis, Sam Docherty
Will Sierakowski, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Scott Thompson, Chad Wingard, Anthony Morabito
Brad McKenzie, Dylan Shiel

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Mark LeCras, Allen Christensen, Jason Winderlich, Jonathan Patton
Jason Porplyzia, Brendon Ah Chee

Phasir

Backs - P.Davis should score like Bock last year.. gonna be having a lot of ball in his turf unfortunately for him.
also not sure how many games Sierakowski will get this year & since Wilkes will be a key fwd not sure how well he'll score either even if he does play, unique pick with him though. 8/10

Mids - Very, very nice, could easily turn into a gun mid by the end of season, might consider someone else for McKenzie, maybe a DPP like Zorko who's around the same price & could help with managing the byes since you have 4 DPP forwards. 9/10

Rucks - Seen some better ones, Burger should continue premium scores baring injury & if you're a fan of McEvoy then fair enough. 7/10

Forwards - I'm just assuming you've got some secret info on Ah Chee to make that pick.. never really heard of him getting high DT scores but maybe I've been under a rock or something.. Patton might go alright but young power forwards generally take a few years to develop into decent DT propositions, even Cloke/Franklin took a few years before anyone even considered them for DT, Christensen's another slightly left-field pick.. but hopefully it pays off for you. 6/10

Overall - 30/40

Fyfe_gun

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on December 19, 2011, 09:16:43 PM
Barney and Friends Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by DC_Magsy. Salary cap left: $156,400.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Beau Waters, Phil Davis, Sam Docherty
Will Sierakowski, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Scott Thompson, Chad Wingard, Anthony Morabito
Brad McKenzie, Dylan Shiel

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Mark LeCras, Allen Christensen, Jason Winderlich, Jonathan Patton
Jason Porplyzia, Brendon Ah Chee

you have taken on some advice but failed horribly in other areas. Surely Matt Buntine would be better than Phil Davis . Buntine is a running player like heppell where as Davis is a young and injury prone KPP. First 4 mids are good but Wingard and Morabito i don't like. Dom Tyson will have reign of the midfield at GWS and is like a Dustin Martin. Hard running possesion winner. Morabito is coming off a long term injury trying to break into a team full of players that were injured last year but fit now. He doesnt even have that great job security. Rucks are good but both are unique picks who dont have a long proven past like Cox. Coud backfire. Fowards are alright but Patton has a knee injury and is in sweden or switzerland or something recovering. He is also a KPP so it will take him a few years to start scoring. He is similar to Jack Watts as a no.1 pick because he will cop some flack for not scoring high early in his career. Dayne Zorko from brisbane should just slot into your fowards as he replaces Luke Power in the Brisbane mids.

Remember that you should pick your team based on statistics and percentage not on heart. Your team, while it may be unique, has a large chance of backfiring. You would be better off picking proven players and popular players rather than filling your team with uniques. These players are popular/unpopular for a reason.

This team is probably a 6/10

dcmagadia21

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, M. Clarke, S. Morris, B. Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, S. Thompson, A. Morabito, S. Docherty (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $42,400

Fyfe_gun

You cant compensate having good fwds, rucks and mids by having a shower backline.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, M. Clarke, S. Morris, B. Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)

Goddard = good
Shaw = um and erring??? inconsistent
Deledio= good
Birchall= had one good season, not really proven yet, could do a ryan hargrave
Clarke= good as a 7th defender but not as your 5th. Still unsure if he is in best 22 yet
Morris= More of a 2nd bench. Low scoring option that hopefully will get games.
Smedts = wont get regular games, more of a bench hope again.
Brown=Is going to be hard to break into crows defence
Wilkes= good as a 2nd bench, regular games but low scores

overall about a 4/10 for defence. You have 3 average rookies and 2 average rookeis to cover. There could be weeks where you start with 5 or 6 defenders.

back to the drawing board i guess

Ziplock

please, it's december. We have no idea of who's good and who isn't in regards to rookies.

as for clarke, with the loss of Davis, I'm seeing a hole for him to fill personally. The pies clearly rate him- he was on their team a few years back, before he got homesick and went home to ireland to play gaelic. Then, he comes back, gets picked up by gws, and then collingwood go out of their way to target him for a trade.

seems to me like they rate him.

Shaw is a good pick. Wasn't as inconsistent this year, but his gambling thing burnt enough coaches he'll be a bit of a unique next year.
Birchall... I agree with that call tbh.

as for the rest of the players you tore shreds off, atm it's hard to find a single decent defender rookie priced player, especially as you just tore shreds into clarke who's one of the best options around.

it's just a standard guns and rookies set up. No need to go tear into him for having a mediocre backline.

Fyfe_gun

Sorry but sometimes the truth is best (not rape)

his teams before hand were better so i was letting him know 3 rookies and 2 rookie covers in a backline where quote " it's hard to find a single decent defender rookie priced player" is set up for failure. Id be dropping Mumford or Mcevoy for a cheaper option to free up some more cash to upgrade a rookie.

And Zippy pretty sure Matty Buntine is a good option and i didnt tear shreds off about clarke. I agree he is good, he is in my team, but not as my 5th defender.

Ziplock

I'm going to change my post, since I keep getting in trouble about the 'r' word *facepalm*

I said 'atm it's hard to find', because we have no idea about any scoring potential of rookies- it's december, they haven't played a game yet, until NAB I'd be withholding any major calls. By NAB we should have a solid idea of decent rookies to cover the backs- I'm sure there'll be at least 5 that can score over 60.

and buntine? you're playing premium price for a rookie whose prior stats have indicated he probably won't be a prolific scorer.

Fyfe_gun

Yeah but you have to admit it is one of the thinnest backlines to be posted on this forum. 3 onfield rookies and 2 off field rookies and bar clarke, the rest have been left out by most others suggesting that maybe they are not that good. Add to that Birchall and it is looking shakier than Michael J Fox

dcmagadia21

Team 1:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, J. Grimes, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, S. Thompson, S. Docherty, K. Stevens (D. Zorko, H. Crozier)
RUC: B. McEvoy, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, S. Clifton, A. Saad (T. Walsh, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $22,900

Team 2:

DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, S. Thompson, S. Docherty, K. Stevens (D. Zorko, H. Crozier)
RUC: B. McEvoy, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, S. Clifton, A. Saad (T. Walsh, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $33,600

Comment on the teams provided and give feedback. Thanks  :D

Master Q

Pretty much Grimes & Hmac v Scotland & Giles + 10k

Go with your gut.

crumpetjack

Scotland and Giles waaaay better IMO. Far more reliable less risky and I also think better output.

Scotland is a great choice, my only concerns being Goddard and Deledio bye (and Carrazzo), but depends on tactics want to use to combat byes