New Year Team

Started by Jukes, December 16, 2011, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

I think I've built myself a good and well-rounded team using the cheap-rucks strategy.

Team Name: The Glasgow Goodfellas
DEF: Scotland, Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Heppell, Buntine, Mohr (Morris, Spurr)
MID: Swan, Ablett, Rockliff, Sidebottom, Docherty, Pfeiffer (Shiel, Kavagnah)
RUC: McIntosh, Giles (Stephenson, Jenkins)
FOR: Chapman, Beams, Zaharakis, Martin, Brown, Walsh, Zorko (Treloar, Ah Chee)
CASH LEFT: $2,700

Jukes

theflyinghawk

i think there might be better options then enright this year much as i love him.

same can be sad for lecras and clark i think

overall not too bad tho!

Jukes

Cheers to the mod who merged my two topics

drewie11

Thanks for the advice,

Now to yours.

Backs- I think Shaw will struggle this year with NEON gone, I think heppell is a good choice. I think LIDS is a must this year, if he is going to be running through the midfield then he must be a lock.

Mids- Looks solid, I am still a bit iffy on beams, will be watching the nab cup to see how he goes.

Rucks- I wonder how the Lions are going to use Hudson and how it will affect Leuenbergers scores. Rookies look good.

Forwards- Look spot on IMO

Overall pretty solid                8.7 out of 10

me

lovely team - altho i'm a bit suss on the bald knight at that price, altho he'll probably star it up this year again

like the choice of crozier and mitchell, although do you reckon mitchell will get a good gig from the start @ the swans, as they seem to have a bad track record in blooding rookies :s

Jukes

There was a reason they were so quick to lock in Mitchell in the draft. Gun player, I've seen him star for Claremont Colts in the WAFL and he looks ready to go and be a cash cow.

Hawka

Rely like the back with the 3 guns Heppell who will improve and as u saw i also have gone with waters no complaints here  :)

Great guns in the mid tho im a little sceptical about Beams..There is probs better options but he is there for dpp right? otherwise a great midfield

Like wat youve done with the rucks great way to save some money for other areas and Players like Giles and Stepheson should score enof to make some good cash

Great fwds agian but a little worried on the rooks maybe
and overall maybe to many rooks starting but it could pay of ofc

overall great team 9/10

Hippo

Yeah i like this team!

all i can say is what i would do

Deledio over Scotland, dont think i need to sell dids to you so maybe its your POD?

i assume you have Beams for DPP, i would have Hayes or Barlow but hey thats just me. McDonald is the new Harris! Did you get Harris last yr? If so then he is a must this yr.

Your on the money with the rucks and i will be doing the same

Don't like Johnson and he is not in full training so he will lose money... so why not go Beams in replace of Johnson and then Hayes/Barlow in replace in the mids

great team non the less!!!!!

Jukes

I've trigged around with my team for half a month now, and I think it's looking pretty good. Link in your team if you want yours rated by me. Need some advice on back and forward rookies. Also will probably include Chris Masten for Elliot Kavagnah if he has a good pre-season, with the money made by downgrading Brett Deledio.

Glasgow Goodfellas
Defenders: Scotland, Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Heppell, Mohr, Spurr (Sierakowski, Morris)
Midfielders: Swan, Ablett, Rockliff, Beams, Docherty, Shiel (McDonald, Kavagnah)
Rucks: McIntosh, Giles (Stephenson, Jenkins)
Forwards: Chapman, Franklin, Zaharakis, Martin, Brown, Winderlich, Pfeiffer (Zorko, Treloar)
Cash Left: $24,600

theflyinghawk

love this team man
Sacrificed your rucks for the sake of everywhere else but i think that could come off very nicely with the quality of Giles and big O.
Just one little thing, keep onto deledio, will be either the best defender this year or a close second if goddard can get fired up again, trust me he will be a gun this year.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45502.0.html
if you wouldnt mind having a look :)

Colliwobblers

First of all nice team overall, I have pulled all my hair out over the rucks this year and have been told again and again x 1000 to have a solid 2 starting rucks. I want sandi, and HMac for a cheap starter and the usual giles and stevo rooks on the pine, but have been pushed into going hmac up to mcevoy(different bye than the rooks and sandi). So!

1. beware of losing points in the ruck while you wait for those rooks to fatten and be traded.
2. definately DO NOT lose Lids I agree with the flyinghawk, big year for him ahead.
3. solid DEF. i would look at clark of the pies $135k will outscore rooks, if he is a starter rnd 1 lock him in. Smedts $104k dpp fwd-def cats lots of teams on him.
4. mid solid i love your first 3 but beams gonna be a top 10 mid???? i would make him almost anyone else cost you a bit to get up to 550ish but worth it i think. tom mitchel 98k syd mid rook, if he looks like playing rnd 1 there are big wraps on him too and he cheap :)
5. Fwd solid also, I always like to have chappy but is he past his prime?? i dont know the answer to that but not this year for me or any otehr team i have seen imo. not sure about winderlinch heard a lot of interest in him, christensen brown and a ton of other mid price options, you'll have to play that position by ear see how they are all looking by the end of nab cup i guess.

I dont have a link to my team did it on dt site thanks to subscription. Will paste below hope you dont mind.

Defenders
Brendon Goddard,Brett Deledio,Greg Broughton,Dyson Heppell,Beau Waters,Marty Clarke,Sam Docherty(Brandon Ellis,Lee Spurr)
Midfielders
Dane Swan,Gary Ablett,Scott Thompson,Michael Barlow,Chad Wingard,Dylan Shiel(Tom Mitchell,James McDonald)
Rucks
Aaron Sandilands,Ben McEvoy(Jonathan Giles,Orren Stephensen)
Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,Allen Christensen,Jonathan Brown,Adam Treloar,Dayne Zorko(Billie Smedts,Sam Kerridge)
$9000 left - hoping hmac looks great through nab cup and he will replace mcevoy in my ruck and i will strngthen def or fwd lines with the cash.

Jukes

On your team;
Def: 8.5/10
Mid: 8.5/10
Ruck: 8/10
For: 8/10