Would love a bit of help...

Started by trjd81, December 14, 2011, 12:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trjd81

NEW TEAM!!

DEF: B. Goddard, A. Mackie, B. Waters, B. Lake, P. Davis, D. Connors, S. Docherty (W. Sierakowski, T. Bugg)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, J. Watson, M. Barlow, J. McDonald (M. Clarke, S. Taylor)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (O. Stephenson, A. Cordy)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, I. Callinan, S. Byrnes (I. Folau, J. Porplyzia)
CASH LEFT: $321,200

Ziplock

mmm, mackie has only had one true premium season in 08. Not for me I think. Callinan is too pricey for a 30 year old with only 3 games under his belt, playing in a bottom 8 team. Upgrade to like beams of sidebottom with the left over cash. McDonald is a ballsey pick- I hope it works out for you, since I follow GWS myself but... the man's going to be 36 next year, like, as much of a beast as he may be fantasy wise, I think it's a little risky. If his body holds up, he could still be a great pick, but still. Someone like gaff isn't too much more expensive, but should be a safer pick.

honestly, if I was you I would downgrade Mcdonald and callinan to rookies. Maybe even byrnes, although I don't know his pricing. Then fix your backline- it's in shambles.

trjd81

I have been re-selecting my team for the last few weeks, and have come up with the below...

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Waters, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, S. Docherty (W. Sierakowski, C. Heath)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, S. Kerridge (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, J. Brown, N. Haynes, I. Folau (A. Saad, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $68,100

I see Goddard, Delidio, Waters, Grimes and Lake as keepers in defence, and possibly even Marty Clarke.  I also have 5 premium forwards (including J. Brown).  I am set on Mummy and Leuey in the ruck and feel as though Giles and Big O will be everyone's bench rucks. 

What I am struggling with is getting the right selection of rookies.  I like Shiel and McDonald in the mids from GWS - think McDonald will play the first 7 or 8 weeks to ensure the young guys aren't thrown in too early - and then I will trade him.  Shiel looks like he could play the majority of the year, so will provide good bench cover.  The forwards and backs are where the struggles lie...

Izzy should play a lot - similar to KHunt last year - except he is much more natural at AFL than KHunt.  Saad has big wraps on him and Zorko will walk into the Lions team.  Sirra may struggle for a game at Hawthorn, and I am not sure of too many other back rookines who will play early?  Docherty may be this year's Dyson Heppell - and the Lions need a rebounding defender!

Please feel free to make any comments that may help me improve my side.

Cheers

Colliwobblers

DEF: maybe just too many risky mid price guys here . I have waters, grimes could be good so could lake, will clarke play.
MID: rooks here will be key plenty of options, after nab cup you will know who
RUC: faultless
FWD: good, maybe beams is being reported as overpriced, lots of peeps getting on zaka and martin both predicted to have break out years.

overall good structure a little mid priced heavy on the def.

rooks you will see who is most picked once DT opens up and you will know who is getting rave reviews and tearing it up through and after nab cup. So dont worry to much about them just put anyone in to alocate the money in your team  ;)

trjd81

Have been fiddling around with my team for a while now, and think I am closer to a starting line-up. 

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, N. Brown (W. Sierakowski, C. Heath)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Docherty, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, D. Martin, J. Brown, T. Adams, I. Folau (A. Saad, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $39,700

Please feel free to comment!

Cheers

chaosAD

Mate looks pretty solid, not sure about some of your rookies but until the week before round one no one will really know who plays etc!
Your Fwd rucks and Mids look great!
I think u have gone a bit risky in defense having lake and grimes is a risk maybe keep lake and change grimes to a Heppel or another less risky gun, not sure N Brown is much good for DT either. I'm not keen on Broughton this year due to Freo having all there guns back, he might not play much in the middle so that may effect his scoring potential.
Over all 7.5 out of 10 just work on your backs and try and get the right mix of guns and rookies.
Good luck in 2012!

Colliwobblers

yeah what chaos said, get rid of brown for a rook and maybe you can get heppel for grimes or lake or if you really want them get heppel or even shaw for broughton since you seem to like the pies :)

watch fyfe fitness and availability for round 1. same for docherty.

the rest is solid simple good team :)