Name: Alan Didak
Position: Forward/Midfielder
Height: 184cm
Weight: 85kg
Club: Collingwood
2011 Average: 62 from 17 games
2010 Average: 103 from 20 games
Fanplanner Projected Price: $327,000

Alan Didak is a player who had a disappointing 2011, battling with injuries and poor form.
The main reason for this I believe was the fact that he had no preseason, due to shoulder surgery that had him on the sidelines for a long period of time. His poor form could be blamed on confidence, or just the fact that he lacked match fitness and preparation. Didak spent a few games as the substitute, affecting his scores and average.
In my opinion I believe with a good preseason Didak can bounce back as a SC scorer.
A 100 average might be beyond him, but a 90 average certainly isn't out of the question.
It will be interesting to see what role Buckley has for Dids, whether he wants him as a crumbing forward or a rotating midfielder, Perhaps even a forward flank. I'd recommend that people watch his preseason closely to get an understanding of his new role and whether he will be very fantasy relevant. If Didak can avoid injury he can definitely be a nice pickup as a SC forward. The question is, can he avoid injury?

ronl

This probably makes no sense, but it occurred to me that with "neon" gone there may be room at Collingwood for a defensive sweeper who has a bit of pace, is elusive, and knows how to kick to position. I suppose stranger things have happened.

Torress

if he has a full preseason i'll definately have a look considering the team he is in. if he is fit, the flank would be okay for points. he is an effective player, and i like the underpriced forwards!!

yep no more neon leon, i'm not sure if dids would take that rebounding role but fact is there is a 100 ppg average out there for someone to snag in 2012 at the magpies! i think alot of us will be sussing out collingwood players over the preseason - marty clarke could be a nice rookie priced pick up here as well.

Centurions

Is very cheap considering a poor year in 2011

SydneyRox

He would really have to tear up the preseason for mine. There are a few "worth taking a risk" forwards this year, Didak, Brown, Gray, Porpoise, Reidwolt. But I will be playing only the one with the best preseason.

Torpedo10

Doesn't have any hope of being in my team for 2012, NO HOPE!

pies4spoon

Most likely in, one bad year. Proven high scorer, proven game changer with his freak goals etc. Price will be rediculously low, his old team mate Bucks is coaching, he will be desperate after his poor year and finals. Will take him ahead of chris knights and J. Roo and dangerfield if his price is <$275000

Ziplock

not committed to yes or no at this stage- I'll monitor him. Hasn't made any of my fp sides as of yet though :P

rebird

worried that he might be used as an 'impact' player - ie a sub!

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 15, 2011, 06:27:32 PM

what if he pulls out 100s in the NAB and is named on the ball round 1?

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2011, 12:18:59 AM

Even then, stay away, for fear of getting burnt.

Centurions

He did average 90+ only a few years ago though...

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Centurions on December 16, 2011, 02:38:46 PM

How many people traded him in because of that last year?? There was a few.

Holz

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on December 16, 2011, 03:39:47 PM
Quote from: Centurions on December 16, 2011, 02:38:46 PM

How many people traded him in because of that last year?? There was a few.

the difference is now Didak is priced at 40 points below what he averaged the year before and he should be over his injury issues, im not saying pick him just don't discount him yet.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2011, 12:18:59 AM

Then good luck to anyone who picked him. Anybody who said Didak is going to have the year he had at the start of last year would ave been laughed off.Didak is too unpredictable. I don't think that Didak will ever go back to being the prolific scorer he was in 2010. We also don't know how Buckley will use him.