Total Members Voted: 5

Ringo

Jack Redden may be better value than Tom Rockliff at $546k v $603k

Height    189cm
Weight    76kg
DOB    20 (21 in December)
SC Average 2011 - 102.8
Projected FF Price - $546,700
Third in the Lions best and fairest behind Rockliff and Black and voted Lions most courageous player of 2011.
A hard-working medium-sized midfielder, Jack Redden has proven a tough AFL competitor who thrives on the contest. He has quickly risen through the AFL ranks to become one of the Lions' key midfielders who can win his own ball and apply pressure to the opposition. Increased his SC average from 76.1 in 2010 to 102.8 in 2011. Played all 22 games in both the 2010 and 2011 seasons so undoubted durability.

2011 Lions evaluation of his season:
Redden continued his rapid rise through the AFL ranks in 2011 by establishing himself as one of the best young midfielders in the competition.
He was regularly among the Lions' best players each week, averaging a career-best 23.9 disposals and leading the Club in total tackles with 166. In fact, Redden ranked among the top five tacklers in the competition.
Together with his ability to find the ball and pressure opponents, Redden also proved a valuable contributor to the scoreboard with 14 goals for the season - including four game as a multiple goal-kicker.
On five occasions he collected a dozen or more tackles - including his Round 5 match against St Kilda when he laid 12 tackles, collected 27 disposals and kicked two goals to earn his first ever Brownlow Medal vote.
He twice collected a career-best 32 disposals - in Round 12 v Carlton and in Round 16 v Hawthorn - and also finished third at the Lions in total marks.
Redden also surpassed his first games milestone throughout the 2011 when he lined up for his 50th AFL game against Adelaide in Round 20 at the Gabba. He also kept alive his unbroken streak of 54 consecutive senior matches since making his debut in Round 15 of 2009.
His brilliant season culminated in him finishing third in the Merrett-Murray Medal vote count - his second consecutive top five finish - and being awarded the Shaun Hart Most Courageous Player trophy.

Summary - Renowned tackler who may benefit from the additional attention that will be paid to Rockliff this year.  Has the ability to win loose ball and usually has good disposal. Suited to SC scoring.

truBLUE

nice work Ringo, i really like redden has a great work rate just as good as Rock he's a lock in with me  ;)

Samm79

Good  write up sir, he is 50/50 at this stage. The Lions have a good nucleus with this fellow, Rocky and Rich.

jasonweare

Like the look of him. Definitely on the shortlist

Voldemort

He will be a unique seeing as everyone else will be picking Rockliff instead, he really needs to impress to get in the team though, at the super-premium category your name needs to be either Swan, Pendlebury or Ablett. Redden really needs to show how good he is in the NAB to even get considered. 

Grazz

Like this guy, has been solid since becoming a regular in 2010. On my shortlist that isnt looking that short at the momment lol.

PowerMan

Had redden for most of 2011, and loved it, but in 2012 for a few more thousand I'll be getting Rockliff who is a little more consistent than Redden.

Grazz

Yeh Rocky's on my shortlist which i should really start calling a long list.

Centurions

Is it too much to be considering getting Rockliff, Redden and Zorko? (Being a biased Brisbane supporter)

charliesheen

Quote from: Centurions on November 20, 2011, 10:49:53 PM
Is it too much to be considering getting Rockliff, Redden and Zorko? (Being a biased Brisbane supporter)

You just need Leuy & J. Brown :)

Ringo

I have done the profiles based on my knowledge as a service for FF. You will note I have done one on the Berger as well.  Even though I am Brisbane supporter I have doubts on Rocky this year.  Rich could not handle the tight tag so I am anxious to see how Rocky goes with a tight tag.

pothead

i love redden and he is on my shortlist but i dont know if i will quite be able to fit him in

Torress

i like redden as well.
i guess picking the guys who average 110-115 (there are quite a few here) in 2011 for 2012, is in a way tricky as you don't want them losing value straight away only for everyone to bring them into their side.
so do you go super prem mids from the start which is less of a risk but costs you more?? i think so!!
i think the guys i'd only start around redden/rockliff's starting price would be jelwood,swallow or hodge.

Quote from: charliesheen on November 20, 2011, 11:11:26 PM

You just need Leuy & J. Brown :)
i think so as well mr sheen!! j brown will be back next year started pre season very early and i think its his first for a few years. he is locked and he is cheap. leuy could be the man next season!