Leroy Jetta

Started by bowyanger, November 16, 2011, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

Anyone considering this bloke?

I was going to get him in last year, he had a really good NAB 2011 but stunk it up throughout the season. Glad I didnt.

Has the "6 year rule" in 2012, the great coaches he has, along with Hirds 2nd year playing style to be more clearer to everyone which will only improve results & PPG.

The return of Winderlich & Prismall, with a fitter Hurley & Watson, can only help.

He hasnt been injured and seems to be really fit without any recent injury concerns.

He is a short bloke with good goal awareness, does he ever or will he ever run through the guts?

Does he always get a defensive forward role and this results in his stinky scoring?

Any Dons fans out there with an opinion on him or a bit of info?

meow meow

I'm definitely not a Dons fan but I'll give my valuable opinion anyway.

Jetta will be pretty much the same in 2012 as he was in 2011. He is too small to spend any significant time on the ball, and will be prone to the inconsistency that all small forwards experience.

I can't see how Prismal being in the side is beneficial to anyone. He's not AFL quality.

A fitter Watson and Hurley will just hog the points. Winderlich will hog all the F/M position along with Zaha - who is the guy you should be looking at.

Don't pick Jetta.

Dudge

Quote from: meow meow on November 16, 2011, 09:17:58 PM
I'm definitely not a Dons fan but I'll give my valuable opinion anyway.

Jetta will be pretty much the same in 2012 as he was in 2011. He is too small to spend any significant time on the ball, and will be prone to the inconsistency that all small forwards experience.

I can't see how Prismal being in the side is beneficial to anyone. He's not AFL quality.

A fitter Watson and Hurley will just hog the points. Winderlich will hog all the F/M position along with Zaha - who is the guy you should be looking at.

Don't pick Jetta.
Stern-- but i must agree

Cookie Monster

No, don't pick him.

plus Prismall won't be back till the end of next year anyway.

Zaha should be one to look at.

Speculator

I hate everything about this guy

truBLUE

Quote from: Speculator on November 18, 2011, 12:26:09 PM
I hate everything about this guy
Bit rough Spec ,But i never considered jetta in my DT and not going to in the future

Patrician

Nein. At least, I don't think so. Last season was the first time he played 22 games.

With a good pre-season and team support, who knows. But price is awkward.

Torress

look lets not sit here and bag out the bloke. end of the day he aint fantasy relevant due mainly to his role. fact is he'll probably never play a role where he might become fantasy relevant!
his job is forward pressure and pinch in with a goal or 2. he has got alot fitter over last few seasons but way to risky to select in your SC side. the only thing i could see him doing is what eddie betts did a couple seasons ago and lifted his average by about 10-15 ppg? but that was mainly (probably) due to fev getting the boot. i don't think jetta will ever equal betts tho.

as someone else mentioned its zaharakis you want from the dons as he looks set for mindfield rotations as we once again didn't lure an A grade midfielder in trade time.  maybe hurley especially if you like the B/F dpp
i wonder if heppel could get more/some time on the ball? there will be a year he does might be in 2012 i'd like to be on him when he does with B/M dpp as there aint alot of bombers to get on in SC!!

meow meow

Quote from: Torress on November 18, 2011, 03:50:43 PM
as someone else mentioned...

Someone? Excuse me sir, but I am far more important around these here parts than to be referred to as "someone".

Melky could be the Essendon smokey this year. He won't pull huge numbers but he will increase his average by at least 25 IMO.

bowyanger

I had Zaharakis pencilled in for next year before the end of the 2011 season. I hate how everyone now copied me! (Jus kidding)

The journo's will spend 5 minutes trolling websites just like this, then publish players such as Zaharakis in the paper a week before rd 1 lockout...then everyone will have him...booooo...hence my "reaching" for a bit of a unique that can increase in output from the Dons.

I agree with you all in hindsight...Leroy just wont be the mojo man.

Thanks for the input peeps.

Torress

Quote from: meow meow on November 18, 2011, 03:59:08 PM
Quote from: Torress on November 18, 2011, 03:50:43 PM
as someone else mentioned...

Someone? Excuse me sir, but I am far more important around these here parts than to be referred to as "someone".

Melky could be the Essendon smokey this year. He won't pull huge numbers but he will increase his average by at least 25 IMO.

oh don't be such a sour puss!!! lol
i'll quote you next time mate no worries lol!!

meow meow