WXV: The Pacific Islanders

Started by c4v3m4n, November 14, 2011, 01:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

The Pacific Islanders Football Club, nicknamed The Islanders, is an Australian rules football club based in the Pacific which is due to start playing in the World 15 (WXV) competition in the 2012 season. It is based at Linklater Oval in Aiwo, Nauru and plays its home matches there along with Tuanaimato International Stadium in Samoa, BSP Stadium in Fiji and Oakley Arena in Tonga.

The club is characterised by its remote location, it's working class citizens, the tenaciousness of their administators and a iron-like vision to survive and eventually succeed, despite the odds.

The club's mascot is a tiki mask, representative to the Pacific nations from which the club represents. The club's motto is Uictoria Exigit Hostiam", Latin for "Victory Demands Sacrifice". The club song, sung to "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah", is called, "The Greatest Team of All".

History

To be written by the victors. Us.  ;D

c4v3m4n

Guernseys

The Pacific Islanders home guernsey features white hoops on a teal and turquoise gradient background.

In accordance with the old AFL's away/clash guernsey specifications, the Pacific Islanders away/clash guernsey is predominately white with teal and turqouise v-shaped stripes.

The Pacific Islanders heritage guernsey worn for the 2012 Heritage Round, is similar to the home guernsey, but features yellow, red, blue, light blue and white vertical stripes. This is to represent the colours of the nations of Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Nauru. Since the Islanders are based in Nauru, the 12-pointed star seen on their flag is centred on the front of their guernsey.

Home Guernsey          Away Guernsey          Heritage Guernsey         

Club Song

"The Greatest Team of All" is the official anthem of the Pacific Islanders Football Club. It is sung to the tune of, "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!".

"The Greatest Team of All" is believed to be the oldest club anthem of any W15 club, and has been associated with the club since it's inception in 2012.

Lyrics

If you are an Islander,
then sing along with me,
we are the team on the road to victory.
The Pacific is the place you always come
to see, the Greatest Team of All.

Pacific Islanders will live for ever,
We will always stick together,
The Pacific is the place you always come
to see, the Greatest Team of All.

c4v3m4n

Home Grounds

The Pacific Islanders will play their home games at 4 stadiums throughout the Pacific Island region.

GroundStatusTownCountry          Capacity          Games
BSP StadiumUnder Construction      SuvaFiji75,0003
Tuanaimato International Stadium          CompletedTuanaimato          Samoa47,0002
Oakley ArenaCompletedNuku'alofaTonga42,0002
Linklater Oval Completed          AiwoNauru25,0001

BSP Stadium is a planned multi-purpose sports and entertainment stadium to be located in Suva, Fiji. It will be home to the Pacific Islanders Football Club and the nationals sporting teams of Fiji. The stadium's current capacity has been set at 75,000 seats, making it the largest stadium in the Pacific region.

The stadium will be privately financed by a local consortium and be the centrepiece of the current sports and entertainment precinct in Suva, Fiji. The stadium and mixed-use development has been designed by GMP Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner, a firm based in Hamburg Germany and will cost approximately $650 million to build.

BSP, a major banking corperation in the Oceanic region successfully obtained the naming rights to the stadium in late 2011. The naming rights deal is rumoured to be worth close to $30 million over 7 years.

Tuanaimato International Stadium is a multi-purpose sports and entertainment stadium, currently under construction and will be located within the current Tuanaimato Sports Complex, in Tuanamiato, Samoa. It will be home to the Pacific Islanders Football Club and the national sporting teams of Samoa. The current capacity of the stadium has been set at 47,000.

The current estimate for the new stadium is approximately $165 million dollars and will be financed primarily by the Pacific Islanders franchise and the Government of Samoa. The rest of the money owed will be made available in the form of a non-interest loan, thanks in part to the World XV Headquarters.

This stadium was designed by Tomás Taveira of Portugal.

Oakley Arena is a multi-purpose sports and entertainment stadium, currently under construction and will be located near the capital of Tonga, Nuku'alofa. It will be home to the Pacific Islanders Football Club and the national sporting teams of Tonga. The current capacity of the stadium has been set at 42,000.

The current estimate for the new stadium is approximately $130 million dollars and will be financed primarily by the Pacific Islanders franchise and the Government of Tonga. The rest of the money owed will be made available in the form of a non-interest loan, thanks in part to the World XV Headquarters.

This stadium was designed by Populous, a major architectural firm based in Brisbane, Australia.

Oakley, a major sporting clothes and accessories manufacturer, obtained the naming rights to the stadium in late 2011, before construction of the stadium had even begun. It is rumored the naming rights deal is worth close to $20 million over 10 years.

Linkbelt Oval is currently the only sports stadium of the island nation of Nauru, besides Menen Stadium. It is located in Aiwo and was constructed by the Nauru Phosphate Corporation. It currently has a capacity of only 3,000.

A redevelopment project was established between the Government of Nauru, the Nauru Phosphate Corporation and the Pacific Islanders Football Club. The oval is to be completely rebuilt from the ground up, demolishing the current temporary stands and replacing them with more permanent ones.  ;) The Pacific Islanders Football Club will take ownership of the stadium once completed and the ground will be used for a home game in the 2012 World 15 League.

The new stadium will hold close to 25,000 people and cost $40 million to build. The new stadium was designed by 360 Architecture, a firm based in Kansas City, USA.

The stadium will be the first purpose built Australian rules football stadium to be completely carbon-neutral. All of the energy required to power the stadium will be provided by a dedicated solar farm to built nearby. The walls of the stadium too will be also be a unique feature of the stadium, with grass to be growing on the side. This was done to give the illusion that the oval just rose from the ground.

Even before the redevelopment of the oval started, Linkbelt Oval has won a number of design and sustainability awards.

2011 International Architecture Award winner
2011 World Architecture Award (Nature and Sports category)
2011 Green Award Finalist (Best Intelligent Building category)

c4v3m4n

(click to make larger)

Current Staff

Director of Coaching: Master Q
Senior Head Coach: c4v3m4n
Football and Coaching Strategist: Impromptu
List and Recruitment Manager: charliesheen
Player Development Manager: MTTY
Director of Sport Science: hawk_88

c4v3m4n

2012 Fixture / Results

RoundHome TeamScoreAway TeamScoreLocation
Pre-season Friendly 1          Beijing Bears12.18.90def.Pacific Islanders10.6.66Guangdong Olympic Stadium, Guangzhou, China
Pre-season Friendly 2Pacific Islanders12.13.85def. by   Moscow Spetsnaz13.10.88Linkbelt Oval, Aiwo, Nauru
Pre-season Friendly 3Berlin Brewers15.10.100def.Pacific Islanders14.14.98Südweststadion, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Round 1Wellington Warriors21.18.144def.Pacific Islanders18.20.128Manila Polo Ground, Manila, Phillipines
Round 2Pacific Islanders21.10.136def.Moscow Spetsnaz18.13.121Linkbelt Oval, Aiwo, Nauru
Round 3London Royals11.24.90def. byPacific Islanders17.13.115Wembley Stadium, London, England
Round 4Pacific Islanders16.15.111def. byNew Delhi Tigers19.8.122Linkbelt Oval, Aiwo, Nauru
Round 5Beijing Bears18.14.122def. byPacific Islanders18.20.128National Stadium, Beijing, China
Round 6Pacific Islanders16.18.114def.Dublin Destroyers16.16.112TIS, Tuanaimato, Samoa
Round 7New York Eagles19.10.124def. byPacific Islanders19.12.126MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
Round 8Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)vs.Cape Town Cobras(0.0.000)Oakley Arena, Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Round 9Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)vs.Buenos Aires Armadillos        (0.0.000)TIS, Tuanaimato, Samoa
Round 10Toronto Wolves(0.0.000)vs.Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)Rogers Centre, Toronto, Canada
Round 11Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)vs.Berlin Brewers(0.0.000)BSP Stadium, Suva, Fiji
Round 12Seoul Magpies(0.0.000)vs.Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)Seoul World Cup Stadium, Seoul
Round 13Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)vs.Cairo Sands(0.0.000)Oakley Arena, Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Round 14Tokyo Samurai(0.0.000)vs.Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo
Round 15Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)vs.PNL Reindeers(0.0.000)BSP Stadium, Suva, Fiji
Round 16Mexico City Suns(0.0.000)vs.Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)Mexico City Stadium, Mexico City
Round 17Sao Paulo Pumas          (0.0.000)      vs.      Pacific Islanders(0.0.000)        Estádio do Corinthians, Sao Paulo

2012 Ladder

After Round 7

Position   Name   Score   Scored Against   Wins   Loses   Percentage
1   Sao Paulo Pumas   1083   920   7   0   117.72
2   Mexico City Suns   1062   940   6   1   112.98
3   Wellington Warriors   1030   929   6   1   110.87
4   Pacific Islanders   858   835   5   2   102.75
5   Cape Town Cobras   995   961   4   3   103.54
6   New Delhi Tigers   870   843   4   3   103.20
7   Seoul Magpies   1004   993   4   3   101.11
8   London Royals   849   862   4   3   98.49
9   Beijing Bears   937   995   4   3   94.17
10   Buenos Aires Armadillos   970   934   3   4   103.85
11   Toronto Wolves   974   973   3   4   100.10
12   Tokyo Samurai   944   962   3   4   98.13
13   New York Eagles   850   867   3   4   98.04
14   Moscow Spetsnaz   888   929   3   4   95.59
15   Berlin Brewers   874   991   2   5   88.19
16   Dublin Destroyers   790   889   1   6   88.86
17   Cairo Sands   852   973   1   6   87.56
18   Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   890   1006   0   7   88.47

c4v3m4n

We're crossing LIVE to the Pacific Islanders press conference at their base in Nauru.

CEO Mark O'Connor and Head Coach c4v3m4n have just entered the room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you once again for coming to another press conference for the Pacific Islanders. Please be seated."

"Today we are pleased to announce that we have finally found the final missing pieces to the Pacific Islanders staff. Since this club is striving to be the powerhouse club within the competition, the board deciding to assemble a powerhouse coaching staff.

"This said, it's my great pleasure to announce that MTTY, hawk_88 and charliesheen will all be joining the coaching staff at the Pacific Islanders".  :o

hawk_88 and MTTY enter the room and shake hands with CEO Mark O'Connor and Head Coach c4v3m4n.

"Firstly I should point out that charliesheen was unavailable for today's press conference, he is currently back in Australia."

"For those unaware of these gentlemen's exploits, MTTY was the 2011 m0nty Medal winner, an accolade that is rated as the football communities highest honor. Hawk_88 and charliesheen are both seen as rising stars within the football community, but we are confident they are ready for the task ahead."

Hawk_88 and MTTY would now like to say a few words.

Quote from: hawk_88
I can't wait to get in and get my hands dirty! A great list that makes up for it's lack of experience with raw physical talent ready to be moulded. Reminds me of myself at the same age.... anyway, I feel as though I can really get in there and make an impact with my knowledge and experience, but and also excited to be working with and learning from the very experienced coaching panel.

Quote from: MTTY
With this amazing coaching panel the Pacific Islanders have set up here, I definitely believe this club is set for greatness in 2012. I am greatly looking forward to the opportunity given to me and cannot wait to meet the team and begin to plan for the season ahead. Thank you.

"We are thrilled to have these three coaches join us here at the Pacific Islanders franchise. The season is shaping up to be a big one, but we are supremely confident that we can aim high for that inaugural premiership, thanks to the coaching panel this club has now found."

"We also have some important news about the current progress of our new stadiums".

"The board has decided to go in a slightly different direction with some of our new stadiums, due to some initial commercial projection figures."

"The Linkbelt Oval redevelopment project has been scaled back. It was originally announced that this stadium would hold more than 30,000 people and be the main stadium for the Islanders franchise. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. The new smaller stadium will hold close to 25,000 people. The ground will still however be the first AFL ground that is carbon neutral, something we are amazingly proud to bring to the fans."

"We are deeply regretful that we could not deliver on this larger world-class stadium, both to the people of Nauru and to the members and fans. However, we are confident that this smaller stadium will have some of the best facilities the Pacific has to offer."

"Oakley Arena in Nuku'alofa, Tonga will be upgraded further, now from 15,000 seats to 40,000 seats. The overwhelming response from the our supporters in Tonga was the key factor in the enhancement of this stadium. It will cost an extra $20 million dollars on top of the $15 million dollars already being spend to construct the stadium. However, it will be money well spent as this stadium will become a long-lasting stadium for the Tongan people."

"Tuanaimato International Stadium, in Tuanaimato, Samoa will also be upgraded from 15,000 seats to 40,000 seats due to the overwhelming response from the small Tongan nation. Like the Oakley Arena, this will also cost an additional $20 million dollars to construct".

"Finally, we are extremely excited to announce that we have decided to upgrade the capacity of BSP Stadium in Suva, Fiji. This stadium, instead of the initial 20,000 seats we had allowed for the stadium, we have decided to upgrade this to 75,000, making it the not only the largest stadium in the Pacific (far bigger than Aloha Stadium in Hawaii) but this will also be the largest construction project in the Pacific's history."

"The costs of this stadium have increased somewhat to $625 million dollars, but we are supremely confident that this stadium will become the best stadium in the competition, and we have high hopes that this stadium will be seen as one of the best, most modern and iconic stadiums in the world."

"Please note that the timelines have not changed for each stadium. Linkbelt Oval will definitely be available for use by by February 2012, Oakley Arena and TIS being ready by Round 6, 2012 and BSP Stadium by mid-2012 .The will be some changes made to the W15 fixture, but that will be discussed with the WXV CEO and be announced within the coming days."

"Finally, we are proud to announce that we will be constructing our new administration and training facility at what will become the old Fijian National Stadium. At a cost of $37.5 million dollars, we hope that this new training facility will be become the best not only in the W15 competition, but in the world."

"This facility will definitely be able to enable us to attract and retain the best players, coaches and administrators to the Pacific Islanders".

"We are extremely proud with today's announcements, the Islanders now have the premier staff, stadiums and training facilities within the competition and are confident that with these tools at our disposal that this club will be sitting atop that ladder come finals in 2012".

"Thank you".

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 16, 2011, 10:09:22 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 16, 2011, 09:56:44 AM

"This said, it's my great pleasure to announce that MTTY, hawk_88 and charliesheen will all be joining the coaching staff at the Pacific Islanders".  :o

Wow. Clearly the most experienced coaching staff........ the islanders are serious  :o

Damn straight we are.  ;D

ossie85

I rule with a fantasy iron fist.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on November 16, 2011, 11:48:56 AM

I rule with a fantasy iron fist.

I prefer to have experience and depth behind me.

Justin Bieber

I am shamed of how much work you put into this compared to me and the Reindeers :-[. Great job so far Boom Boom :o.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 17, 2011, 09:16:51 AM
I am shamed of how much work you put into this compared to me and the Reindeers :-[. Great job so far Boom Boom :o.

I'm probably going a little overboard aren't I?  ;) :-\

CrowsFan

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 17, 2011, 12:39:26 PM
Maybe just a bit :P

Maybe.  :)

But at least it is keeping me occupied until the season actually starts.

I have another 'over-the-top' project in the works, but that's going to wait until I have finished all the logos and guernseys.

Master Q

The hard work will pay off C4  ;)