Rate my team and I'll rate yours!

Started by elephants, October 28, 2011, 02:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Quote from: elephants on October 31, 2011, 12:06:29 AM
My New Team is as below

Salary cap left: $205,800.

Bryce Gibbs, Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Tony Armstrong
Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Josh Caddy, Tom Mitchell, Tomas Bugg
Dylan Shiel, Gerald Ugle

Shane Mumford, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Robert Campbell

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Mitchell Clark, Jonathan Brown, Mitch Morton, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jason Porplyzia, Shane Kersten

Only iffy players are Mitch Clark and Paul Duffield.

Def: Pretty good. Wouldn't touch Duffield though... Not good for DT anymore and under Lyon I really doubt that will change. Armstrong is a nice unique.

Mid: A bit weak for me but a lot of value in the mid rookies just a matter of picking the right ones. Just keep an eye on how the rookies go in the pre-season & it can work.

Ruck: Nice rucks.

Fwd: Personally I'm not convinced about Brown... Clark could pay off but Morton will have trouble getting games let alone scoring well.

Solid overall  :)

elephants

Changes have been made. New team will be posted in the first post.

elephants

I'm toying with the possibility of dropping Barlow to a rookie or a gun. Leaning toward rookie leaving me with 3 guns 3 rookie midfield and plenty of cash to throw around my forward line.

Devo_

Quote from: elephants on October 28, 2011, 02:23:29 AM
Salary cap left: $211,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Tony Armstrong, Matthew Buntine
Sam Docherty, Will Sierakowski

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Josh Caddy, Tom Mitchell
Tomas Bugg, Dylan Shiel

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Mitchell Clark, Mitch Morton, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten
Jason Porplyzia, Billie Smedts

Mitch Morton and Tony Armstrong are yet to receive their discounts.
I've left room in the cap for price changes and improvements.

You kindly analysed my team, so now I'll analyse yours:

Backs: At least 5 keepers there, although 4 of them share the bye in Rd 13. If you are bothered by the byes, then you might want to shift one of them out (maybe Scotland) to a player with a Rd 11 or 12 bye. Duffield should not be in your side, unless a positive role change is cooked up by Ross Lyon. I'm not sold on Armstrong yet, only because he doesn't have much of a track record. I need to see him racking them up for Sydney in the pre-season before I go near him. Rookies are sound.

Mids: Super line. Your 3 premiums are mint. I'd keep Barlow, he's good value. If he comes off, you've saved yourself a trade or two. Ugle is there for DPP I guess, but I've heard nothing about him so I won't comment.

Rucks: We need not talk about Mumford ;) Kreuzer is interesting, do you see him improving by 25 ppg or so to get to premium level? If not, he's not worth it. Could be a great pick though. I know Campbell is a cheap R4 but he won't get a game at Melbourne. There are 4 in the queue ahead of him, so look elsewhere.

Forwards: Agree with the 3 premiums, but there is too much risk in the players after that. I think you need to plough some of your surplus into the forwards. Brown is a huge risk, his body has been ravaged so I'd spend $100k and upgrade him. Clark is a big risk too, too many unknowns at this point. I'd wait and see on him. I can't think of a good reason to pick Morton, even if he is discounted. Kersten I'm not sold on either, I don't think he would score very well. One option could be to take the combined $530k from Clark and Morton, spend $400-420k of that on a premium and then go another rookie.

Hope there's something useful in there for you

Voldemort

Quote from: Devo_ on November 02, 2011, 01:34:34 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 28, 2011, 02:23:29 AM

Bryce Gibbs, Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Tony Armstrong, Matthew Buntine

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Josh Caddy, Tom Mitchell
Tomas Bugg, Dylan Shiel

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Mitchell Clark, Mitch Morton, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten

Mitch Morton and Tony Armstrong are yet to receive their discounts.
I've left room in the cap for price changes and improvements.

You kindly analysed my team, so now I'll analyse yours:

Backs: At least 5 keepers there, although 4 of them share the bye in Rd 13. If you are bothered by the byes, then you might want to shift one of them out (maybe Scotland) to a player with a Rd 11 or 12 bye. Duffield should not be in your side, unless a positive role change is cooked up by Ross Lyon. I'm not sold on Armstrong yet, only because he doesn't have much of a track record. I need to see him racking them up for Sydney in the pre-season before I go near him. Rookies are sound.

Mids: Super line. Your 3 premiums are mint. I'd keep Barlow, he's good value. If he comes off, you've saved yourself a trade or two. Ugle is there for DPP I guess, but I've heard nothing about him so I won't comment.

Rucks: We need not talk about Mumford ;) Kreuzer is interesting, do you see him improving by 25 ppg or so to get to premium level? If not, he's not worth it. Could be a great pick though. I know Campbell is a cheap R4 but he won't get a game at Melbourne. There are 4 in the queue ahead of him, so look elsewhere.

Forwards: Agree with the 3 premiums, but there is too much risk in the players after that. I think you need to plough some of your surplus into the forwards. Brown is a huge risk, his body has been ravaged so I'd spend $100k and upgrade him. Clark is a big risk too, too many unknowns at this point. I'd wait and see on him. I can't think of a good reason to pick Morton, even if he is discounted. Kersten I'm not sold on either, I don't think he would score very well. One option could be to take the combined $530k from Clark and Morton, spend $400-420k of that on a premium and then go another rookie.

Hope there's something useful in there for you

Kirsten is actually looking at top 30, he would go top 10 if not for the fact that he got injured and did play the U-18 comp. He is a player that resembles a lot like Jack Darling, some off games some on games. I would personally take the risk  ;)

theflyinghawk

Tomas Bugg, Dylan Shiel

Defence: Very very strong! can't fault it except for maybe scotland could be almost past his best.

Midfield: Once again very good and i can see the upside in starting 2 rookies in the midfield as they are the best value going around.

Rucks: I like these rucks and mine now resemble something similar, kreuzer could be good value.

Forwards: Clark and Morton you would obviously need to watch and im not sure if morton will ever fufill his potential as a dt'er, i think clark could be alright tho if he settles although im not convinced he can score well as a forward.

good team!

elephants

Thanks Devo and TFH.

I am looking at some changes as i type. Will post up changes in an hour or two.

elephants

On the Chopping Block :

Scotland (combo of age/price/byes)

Barlow (to give me dpp between mids and fwds and to save dough, change of coach mightn't help either)

R. Campbell (lack of games)

M. Clark (RISK RISK RISK)

Using the rest of my money to beef the forward line up ;D

elephants

Changes to the team above.

Scotland -> Broughton

Shaw -> Birchall

Barlow -> Ugle

Campell -> Dericx

Mitch Clark -> Fyfe

Porplyzia/Smedts/Kersten -> premium fwd.

Ziplock

Derecx won't get a game. At least go for someone who's a chance :P
I'll probably never say this again, as I like people to make mistakes and give me an edge, but I don't like the look of Fyfe this year- history shows (well firstly that he has shower shoulders :P), but that after a first year break out, premium forwards often slide in their second year (that being said, fyfe might do a chappy  and maintain), as well as this, he'll be recieving a lot of attention this season. IMO, fyfe is not for this year.

Be grateful LE, I probably won't offer that bit of advice again for the rest of the season :P

A mid pricer like J. Riewoldt, or Watts might be better off (I highly rate Jvoldt this year ftr)

I'm a little curious as to why you dropped Shaw- Birchall is fine, but Shaw would have been great as a unique- after burning so many people, and with his 'roller coaster' history (even though he seemed to have shook it last year), he would be a pretty unique player, playing in a side shooting for a premiership again. Care to explain?

elephants

Shaw to birchall was purely due to bye problems (if anyone knows where a full afl 2012 fixture list is available it'd be much appreciated.)

I see your point with fyfe. Realistically he shouldn't get tagged playing wing/half forward. With Barlow, Mundy and the double team on the big Pav as much as I hate to say it I think opposition teams have enough to deal with in regards to freo A graders.

elephants

Okay the changes have rolled in tonight. I won't be sharing them as I'd be typing for hours but I'll thank everyone who had helped lemon my quest to finalizing my first draft. I will now be giving it until January 1st (after my trip to Europe) to settle.
Peace.

elephants

Salary cap left: $101,300.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr, Steven Morris Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Kyal Horsely, Dylan Shiel James McDonald, Tom Mitchell

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Ahmed Saad, Tommy Walsh Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit annoyed I wasn't able to fit Clifton into my midfield.

The byes have been taken into account.

Thanks all.

Colliwobblers

BACK: good  very good if grimes works out. good rooks
MID: very good not very familiar with horsely but good rooks again
RUCK: very good right rooks
FWD: exceptional good rooks again.

Very good team overall except for grimes and brown its a true PREMIUM/ROOK team which is the best type.

you can find my latest team on the colliwobblers post in this section.

elephants

Thanks mate. So no real changes?
I'll look at your team now ;)