2012 Player Profile Matthew Leuenberger

Started by Ringo, October 26, 2011, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be taking the Berger this year?

Locked and Loaded
19 (31.1%)
On short list
28 (45.9%)
May consider
8 (13.1%)
Not Likely
6 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Ringo

Will he be part set and forget rucks:

Matthew Leuenberger- Brisbane
Age 23
Height 204cms
Weight 102kg

2011 Statistics
Games 22
Total SC score 2249
Average 102.2
High Score 172 Tound 21 v Gold Coast
Low Score 55 Round 12 v Carlton
Century Scores 13 out of 22 games played
High Price $535,600 Round 23
Low Price $333,100 Starting Price Round 1
Predicted 2012 Price (Fan Planner) $543,000

Summary
Matthew really broke out in 2011 and surprised quite a few lifting his SC average from 68.4 to 102.2.Apart from few low scores was very consistent.  Played majority of games as Brisbanes Ruck and only kicked 4.1 for season. Finished the year well and was 5th Highest Ruck scoring behind Cox, Sandi, Goldi and Mumford.  Will have been more prominent if Brisbanes midfield were to take advantage of his tap work. Will get some back up support from Hudson in ruck in 2012. Kicking at times can cause concern.

Decision
Will not be cheap at $543k but he is durable and played all games this year. Only 23 years old so may be a lock as one of Rucks (Sandi and Cox not getting any younger and may be sceptible to injuries) . I doubt loss of Clark will have any impact. Only question mark for me is will he maintain the form and consistency into 2012 and is that a risk worth taking. For me he will be a ruck lock initially.

CrowsFan

Not currently in my plans, but may consider him. Last time I picked a Brisbane ruck after a break out season I got burned so that is off putting ;)

dmac07

Probably not for me, about 4th on my list right now for rucks. Behind cox, goldstien and mumford.

Voldemort

he's on the shortlist, close to locked and loaded. He just seems too good to miss, him along with big Cox will kill  ;)

pothead

definitely high on my shorlist depends on pricing with others probably

Torpedo10

His locked for me. I think he will become a top ruckman.

truBLUE

had a good 2011/ defently on my shortlist

charliesheen

one thing we have learned in 2011, is that when ruckman are given extra responsibility they tend to thrive.  Think there is a lot of potential for Leuy.

The game where he destroyed Mumford still sticks in my mind.

Torpedo10

@charliesheen I know exactly what you mean  :)

bowyanger

On my shortlist with Mummy already a lock.
Others Ive shortlisted are ZSmith, Kruezer, Ryder & NicNat....see how their pre season goes (Kruezer & NicNat injury concerns?? hopefully they pull MPP)
Staying away from BigCox & 211 next year...probably backfire, but Im willing to risk it!!

Voldemort

Quote from: bowyanger on November 02, 2011, 08:46:18 PM
On my shortlist with Mummy already a lock.
Others Ive shortlisted are ZSmith, Kruezer, Ryder & NicNat....see how their pre season goes (Kruezer & NicNat injury concerns?? hopefully they pull MPP)
Staying away from BigCox & 211 next year...probably backfire, but Im willing to risk it!!

I dont see what people see in Kreuzer (in fantasy terms), he'll play more forward because Warnock has more potential to be a good ruckman. (Height helps)

Ziplock

First draft picks always come good in DT terms. Kreuz is primed for a break out year with Carlton getting stronger as a team, and if he has a full pre-season, isn't injured... looks the goods.

Voldemort

Quote from: Ziplock on November 02, 2011, 11:03:07 PM
First draft picks always come good in DT terms. Kreuz is primed for a break out year with Carlton getting stronger as a team, and if he has a full pre-season, isn't injured... looks the goods.

they'll play him CHF or FF, that wont do him much good in DT or SC terms

PowerBug

Quote from: Voldemort on November 03, 2011, 07:18:10 PM

Travis Cloke, Buddy Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Nick Riewoldt are all terrible DT/SC players aren't they?? :P

Voldemort

Quote from: PowerBug on November 04, 2011, 01:15:06 PM
Quote from: Voldemort on November 03, 2011, 07:18:10 PM

Travis Cloke, Buddy Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Nick Riewoldt are all terrible DT/SC players aren't they?? :P

none of them are ruckmen, he is, why would you play a ruckman in FF? Bombers did it to Ryder and stuffed up his game