The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

The official Islanders media conference has begun...

CEO Mark O'Connor, new coach c4v3m4n, and Chris Judd are present.

"Sorry for the wait, ladies and gentlemen, please be seated", Islanders CEO Mark O'Connor said.

"Firstly, I would like to thank you all for coming here to this media conference. Today is a very important day in for the Islanders franchise. As many of you have heard, due to exceptional circumstances, the Islanders have had to look for a new coach. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing coach, Carltonrok for his services and wish him the best for the future".

"As many of you have no doubt heard, we have signed c4v3m4n as our new coach. The board is extremely happy with this announcement. There were many highly regarded candidates, but after careful consideration, the choice was made."

"We are also proud to announce that Master Q will be joining the Islanders as senior assistant coach. His skills as a list manager and his senior wisdom are second-to-none and he will be a highly valuable asset for the team."

"The future for the Islanders looks bright as we aim for the inaugural premiership in 2012."

"I'd now like to hand it over to c4v3m4n, who would like to make a statement".

"Thank you, Mark. I would first like to thank the Islanders for giving me the opportunity to coach this amazing new franchise.", said c4v3m4n.

"To all of our members and fans out there, I look forward to the challenge that has been set before me, and I want you to know that the bucks stops here. I accept the full responsibilities that come with this coaching career."

"The journey ahead will be a tough one, but know this, with every new day, this club comes closer to a premiership. With an incredible list already and many more stars to recruit, I am confident that this club can become a highly successful team, especially with the help of our newly announced senior assistant, Master Q."

"I feel very humbled and honoured to be coaching this new club. I am also looking forward to the chance to meet with our new players and the staff members and making sure that they too realise the responsibilities we have to our members and fans and to ensure they are providing a successful environment for the team and club."

"I would finally like to take this opportunity to announce that the 11th member of the new Islanders franchise will be announced within the coming hours, Master Q and I will be evaluating the current list and looking at the best course of action for the club."

"Thank you".  ;D

CrowsFan

You should probably get in soon with your late pick just in case someone snipes him before you announce it ;)

Also meow meow was the last to pick at 08:55:45 PM, which means hilly (cookie monster) is up. He was online at 08:57:25 PM, but we will give him the benefit of the doubt ;)

Also why are you all naming captains? Does that mean you will be making them captain week in week out? My team will have a different captain each week :P

Boomz

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 08, 2011, 11:27:51 PM
You should probably get in soon with your late pick just in case someone snipes him before you announce it ;)

Also meow meow was the last to pick at 08:55:45 PM, which means hilly (cookie monster) is up. He was online at 08:57:25 PM, but we will give him the benefit of the doubt ;)

Also why are you all naming captains? Does that mean you will be making them captain week in week out? My team will have a different captain each week :P

Was thinking that too :P I was just going to let them go ahead though :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 08, 2011, 11:27:51 PM

I'm hurrying as fast as I can. lol  :P

c4v3m4n

Is the big Q Stick still available?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: meow meow on November 08, 2011, 09:55:45 PM
I'll slip in unnoticed amongst all the coaching huha and use my round 12 pick on Tom Lynch (suns) and nominate Harley Bennell to be bid on with my round 13 selection.
Even though you bid your 13 round pick on Lynch, you can still pick him earlier? I thought Ossie said he's locked into that round so can't draft him ahead of that. Could be wrong but asking Ossie to clear this up for me :).

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 08, 2011, 11:52:28 PM
Yeah. Nice conference by the way ;).

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 08, 2011, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 08, 2011, 11:52:28 PM
Yeah. Nice conference by the way ;).

Cheers HP. I made up most of it and stole some parts from Brendan McCartney's speech.

Well I guess the Islanders with their late pick choose the big Q-Stick, Quinten Lynch.  :D

By the looks of things, I'm also guessing that the Islanders have a 12th pick coming up very shortly too?  :)

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 08, 2011, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: meow meow on November 08, 2011, 09:55:45 PM
I'll slip in unnoticed amongst all the coaching huha and use my round 12 pick on Tom Lynch (suns) and nominate Harley Bennell to be bid on with my round 13 selection.
Even though you bid your 13 round pick on Lynch, you can still pick him earlier? I thought Ossie said he's locked into that round so can't draft him ahead of that. Could be wrong but asking Ossie to clear this up for me :).

Is a bidding process, so think there is no problem upping yourself. I haven't been particularly clear sorry!

And great press conferences guys!

bomberboy0618

Mailman wanna be my assistant?

ossie85

Some definate strategies emerging....

Average Age of each team:

Sid: 22.36
ossie85: 22.68
meow meow: 23.12
Boomz: 23.86
CrowsFan: 24.11
My Chumps: 24.36
MajorLazer: 24.43
powerbug: 24.78
Cookie Monster: 24.63
bomberboy0618: 24.89
roo boys: 25.21
Hellopplz: 25.61
Purple 77: 25.64
c4v3m4n: 25.91
Holzman: 26.21
pothead: 26.59
Maca24: 26.82
FisherSaints: 27.18

ossie85

Done! Carn the Pies. ;)

PowerBug

Same here. Change been made.

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on November 08, 2011, 09:55:12 PM
News journalists have been informed to a press conference to be held in W15s headquarters in Geneva (It's there, right??) for Wednesday at 11:00 AEDST.

Rumours are that the captaincy job will be allocated, along with support roles.
Whoever thought of those rumours were wrong.

The word coming out of Geneva is that Buenos Aries Armadillos are suffering in the financial department.

Quote"It is unfortunate that things have come to this, but we have been forced to cut down."
said coach PowerBug.

Quote"We are not on the prowl for an assistant coach, as covering the wages of our current players will be tough enough"
he continued.

Leader Dane Swan also has his say on the issue:
Quote"It's unfortunate that we have been forced to cut down, but it's something we will work around. Also, we will be cutting our pay to help out the club."

Quote"We play World 15s for pride, not for money. We are proud to be part of the Armadillos, and we will continue to play for the inaugural World 15s champs regardless of the financail situation."
"Our coach will continue to lead us the way he has, he is doing a great job and there is no reason why we need to change.
said Matthew Boyd.

c4v3m4n

The Islanders will be holding another press conference this evening, this time at the W15 headquaters in Geneva.

The conference will start at 9:00PM AEDST.

No word yet on why the Islanders are calling this conference...

...what could it be?  :o

ossie85

Loving all these press conferences! Keep 'em coming ;)

Curious C4....