Who Knows...
9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Justin Bieber

Name: Sam Docherty
Position: Half Back Flank
Height: 183cm
Weight: 83kg

Well I needed to do another Defender and I really like the looks of Docherty of a bench position so why not? As you can tell by his size, Docherty isn't a tall defender so he loves his half back flank. He could be a very tempting option on the flank for his deadly rebounding abilities. He's got a great pair of legs on him which can make him a lethal rebounder for his team. He uses his speed to his advantage and provided great rebounding presence out of the backline. Not only is his rebounding great, but he reminds of of Hurn as a quarterback. His kicking is up there for the draft which makes him lethal in the backline. He's very calm and collected under pressure and can play shut down roles on his opponents very well, which is why I like him as a potential AFL player. He's not a very contested marker type player but he'll rack up the cheap marks like most defenders would, buying their time for their next attack.

Docherty plays for the Gippsland Power this season and he's beenvery solid and consistent for them. His Stats a very precise player by hand or foot, which is very nice for Supercoach.  As he's he rebounder, he'll get alot of the ball from teammates as they know he will use the ball well which means he can rack up good numbers. He's not one to give too many free kicks away but uses his pace to get tackles, which do add up as I'm a big fan of players who can tackle. He played 16 games for Gippy Power which could have been less if he had been called for Vic Country earlier. He wasn't in their starting squad (he was cut after being in the initial squad) but was called up for the last 2 games, which is when he starred against Western Australia. This shows he can perform when the pressure is on and will make his chances count.

Fantasy Relevant? I really like Docherty so may be a bit biased in saying yes. There isn't a huge pool of talent outside of the midfield in this draft. Docherty should go first round but may slip further back (I'm thinking somewhere in the 20's). He has talent to be a solid AFL player, and his rebounding skills will be very useful to a team such as Port or Kangaroos who could use a rebounder. His ability to defend should be an indication of his potential so hopefully he gets gametime next season. Right now, I see him slotting nicely into my 8th or 9th defender spot for his ability to rebound and get possessions.

Maca24

Well use2 play cricket against him  :-X
He is very big in the shoulders, and a good size to make an impact early.
I say jump on, especially since he is a running back flank.

Ringo

For the benefit of those considering Docherty from Round 1,

Docherty Focussed on recovery
http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/127826/default.aspx

May be best to wait till he commences playing and target as first downgrade target.

Purple 77

^^^

Yeah, im a bit nervous of his injury which is why im not selecting him straight away, but who knows? A good nab cup and i'll probably have him in my side at the expense of wilkes or someone

Colliwobblers

Not a rook we will know if we are having until teams for round 1 go up. Should be recovered by round 1 but is he good enough to go straight into an afl side after no preseason and surgery, maybe a downgrade target but not a rook you want to miss the boat on, shame about the surgery still timing might work out ok, he has ringos beloved dpp status too

meow meow

Downgrade target? Maybe not. He played reserves today, and might be in the senior team sooner than expected.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: meow meow on March 18, 2012, 01:53:44 AM
Downgrade target? Maybe not. He played reserves today, and might be in the senior team sooner than expected.

Legend thanks for the update he and Zorko have a place in my team if only they can get up for a game round 1, if Docherty played reserves today and has almost 2 weeks till round 1 he might play....

Ringo

Only concern I have with Docherty is with Golbys NAB cup form is he now in front of Docherty.  Docherty was good in patches yesterday but may need a couple of games in 2's to get match fitness.