J Mcdonald 98K is this right?

Started by fran, September 14, 2011, 10:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ex-melbourne-skipper-james-mcdonald-joins-tom-scully-at-greater-western-sydney/story-e6frf9jf-1226136249713

James Mcdonald signs at GWS as a assistant coach/player. Played 16 games in 2010 for an average of 94. Obviosuly not expecting those numbers but anyone giving him a look in? obviously at his age number of games he will play is the biggest issue. A bit to risk for me but what are your thoughts...

Cicjose

will coach half a season, play half a season as a tagger and will probably average 65-70

MTTY

Well i'm all about risks in DT, i think i may take it for the first few rounds then upgrade him when his price takes a few rises. Is my favourite Melbourne player of all time.

fran

yeh as i said role too uncertain for me at this stage. Estimate price? by my guess just under 200k at about 180k

Nails

I reckon watch his pre-season.... If he looks half decent I'll definitely be on.

Nieso FC

penskifile

Quote from: Nails on September 14, 2011, 10:37:06 PM
I reckon watch his pre-season.... If he looks half decent I'll definitely be on.
+1

SydneyRox

Quote from: penskifile on September 15, 2011, 12:20:50 PM
+1

Surely he wont be anywhere near $200k, hasnt played for a year and his last year wasnt exactly on fire 10 games @ 70

But even at premium rookie $150k odd he would be too expensive for me

PowerBug

Might look at him like i did with Harris this year. Bit more expensive but has experience so will be given the ball more often.

Nails

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 15, 2011, 12:56:34 PM
Quote from: penskifile on September 15, 2011, 12:20:50 PM
+1

Surely he wont be anywhere near $200k, hasnt played for a year and his last year wasnt exactly on fire 10 games @ 70

But even at premium rookie $150k odd he would be too expensive for me

ummm? okay?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=James&surname=McDonald

He averaged 94 across 16 matches...

You're thinking about the spud the mighty Lions traded away.

SydneyRox

Grazz

At this point in time im open to all options. You gotta watch everybody.

ronl

If he's the "go-to" man in the GWS backline you've got to sit up and pay attention.  NAB cup set-up will tell us alot.

Flemo

James McDonald was an unselfish player and absolute champion. He will do whatever is best for GWS but that will probably include getting the younger players involved more and his stats will suffer.

If GWS get Chad Cornes then that would be slightly more interesting because Chad with his brother Kane always hogged the ball and had competitions who would get higher stats.

sya87

yeah it will all depend on when he will play and what his price is, loving the comaback either way!