UPDATE: My account got hacked! What can I do?

Started by lozmeister, July 01, 2011, 11:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lozmeister

Hi guys,

Well I logged in this morning and to my shock, someone maliciously hacked into my account and made two trades:

Boyd > Mundy; and
Ablett > Hayes.

Obviously I am very upset as I am in a money league.  Has anyone had this happen before and know whether I can get these trades reversed?  I have sent emails via the 'contact us' email on supercoach site this morning.  I cannot believe how this has happened as I haven't told anyone my passwords.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

By way of update, I received an email from Supercoach Support Team confirming that they have reversed the trades...and it has been done!  See my more detailed response below.

ossie85

I would be devastated loz. Unfortunately, I think it is irreversable.

I think they should change the rules that all trades are reversable until lock-out. No reason why not.

Weren't on a public computer?

Red Dirtie

I'D BE PISSED!!!!!!!!   >:(

Man that sucks........... not sure if they can do anything though.

saying that im changing my password right now just in case the prick in my office sabotages my team as i will most certain play him in the finals!

Gutted for yah dude!

elephants

DUDE THAT SUCKS NUTS!!

I'd be devastated to be honest. Agree with OSS. Reversible trades until lockout would be better. I think you've done all you can by emailing Sc.

Good luck man!

lozmeister

Tried calling everyone, from Herald Sun to VirtualSports/Vapormedia (who run the website).  Unfortunately, the only way to contact them is via the email system on the website (and trust me I have sent lots of emails).

Still puzzled as to how this could have occurred as I don't use public computers and haven't told anyone my password.  I would highly recommend that people change their passwords.

Am devastated... What type of a flowerwit does something like that?!?  The hacker obviously knew what he/she was doing given the trade-ins are long term injured.

bridge777

be careful if you have the application on your phone...most of the time it doesnt log out unless you press the log out button...its as easy as someone grabbing your phone and getting straight access to...BAM! trades gone!!

ando_10

pwoahhh what an absolute joke.

people like need to get a life.

i reckon they should give you a couple of hours to reverse a trade but you get only 10 reversals for the year.

cortez

Yea thats sh1t! How many trades you got left? I'd just keep mundy will  be back for finals and just trade Hayes out next week.

tor01doc

Sad to hear about that. What would you like to do to the turd who did it?

lozmeister

I think you're right Cortez. 

I was going to do Sandilands > J Tippett and Foley > Pendlebury but that plan has gone to the shisenhausen.  If I can't get the trades reversed, I will have to hold Mundy and trade out Hayes next week.  Arghhhh.....my team was just coming together.  I had planned every trade meticulously this season and then this happens.  I now have 5 trades left.

My team was looking good to go into league finals:

Gibbs Deledio Goddard Fisher Newman Broughton Otten (Lower, Jacobs, Strauss)
Ablett Boyd Swan Montagna Hodge Foley (Heppell, Iles, Harris)
Sandilands Cox (ZSmith, Bailey)
Franklin Pavlich ROK NRoo Sylvia Petrie Goodes (Mzungu, Lynch, Richardson)

This just sucks...

lozmeister

By way of update, I received an email from Supercoach Support Team confirming that they have reversed the trades...and it has been done! 

I had sent Virtual Sports an email (separate to emails via the 'contact us' process in the Supercoach website) after speaking with Virtual Sports head office in South Yarra (I did some googling to discover that Supercoach is run/administered by Virtual Sports) and they replied to my email.

If you have the misfortune of this ever occurring to you, you should send an email immediately to:  support@virtualsports.com.au

What a huge relief!!  I am now one happy lad.

It occurred to me that the person who hacked my account knew what they were doing and probably frequented FanFooty....so if you are the hacker and are reading this, then flower YOU @SSHOLE.

hi fyfe

Sorry to hear about it feel gutted for
Doubt there is anything you can do to reverse it
wish you the best for the future  :D

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: hi fyfe on July 01, 2011, 04:26:06 PM
Sorry to hear about it feel gutted for
Doubt there is anything you can do to reverse it
wish you the best for the future  :D
I guess you didn't read the post that was one above you....lol.

cortez

bridge777

thats awesome!! when i first read it i thought there was no way you could have gotten out of that mess...way to go!