Main Menu

You Clubs Top 10 - Adelaide

Started by Maca24, June 26, 2011, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Hey guys, I will be posting my opinion of your clubs Top 10 players based on this years form and Next years potential.
Ill be doing this for every club, and Ill start off with the mighty Crows.

ADELAIDE CROWS

10. Brent Reilly

He is having a very good year, getting a fair bit of ball. #4 in Disposals and #2 in Tackles.
Goes in hard, which is shown by being #3 in Contested possesions so far this year.
He has been a good tagger also, playing some good shut down roles while doing his bit offensively.
Reilly has the potential to be a key part of the crows next season.

9. Chris Knights

Back from injury and is contributing well, which gets the #9 spot for me.
Fantastic left foot and has been very handy at half forward, #4 in goals which is a good effort considering he plays outside the 50m arc. Knights has a lot of potential, could quite easily be a 40+ goalkicker next year.

8. Rory Sloane

Young jet who is having a breakout year. 62% of his disposal is effective, which isn't great.
Next year we should see even more improvement, and will secure his spot in the Crows center unit.
Gets a good amount of clearances also. I really like him as a player and based on this years form he has been better than Walker defensively, but Walker gets the nod on potential.

7. Graham Johncock

The little fella has been great this year, with very effective disposal from the backline.
Has been giving alot of rebound while racking up a fair few possies to.
The reason he isnt higher on my list is because IMO he doesnt have a massive impact on games, plus I dont think he will produce as much next year.

6. Kurt Tippett

Not having his best year with just the 21 goals but he is still leading the club in that regard.
Has had a few fantastic matches but a few bad ones also. Is inconsistent but has loads of potential to be a consistent goal kicker. He can take a mark and his kicking is getting better with every game.
At the moment he is the "X-Factor" But lots of people including myself, would like to see him be "The Star"

5. Richard Douglas

Last years Best and Fairest is having a quieter year but still has been no slouch.
#3 in Tackles and #5 in possesions. Playing more of a midfield role this year.
Is a good performer for the crows who isnt flashy, but performs.

4. Nathan Van Berlo

The Skipper is a workhorse who I rate very highly.
#2 in possesions and always works hard around the stoppages.
Good leader, who is young and should imrpove yet again next year.

3. Ben Rutten

Has been a rock for them down back, the defensive general.
#2 in Rebound 50's, #1 in One percenters by a whopping margin.
#1 in Marks and is 84% effective when he has the pill.
Not to mention he does a great job of negating key forwards.
Rutten for me, is the player Adelaide would miss the most if he was seriously injured.

2. Patrick Dangerfield

One of the bright stars of the competition.
Has the speed to outrun nearly everyone in the comp.
#2 in goals with 17. Runs through the midfield and finds lots of the pill.
Seems to step up when the game is on the line which makes him a very important "Clutch" player.
Has kicked 17.4 which means he converts when he gets the chance.

1. Scott Thompson

Easily the Crows best player this season. #1 in Virtually every stat.
Is a ball magnet who is an inside and outside player.
Will be the Crows best and fairest for 2011, which he has definitely deserved.
Consistently best on nearly every week for them and rarely has a bad game.

Guys Who Missed Out
Taylor Walker - Love the kid, but cant pick him when he doesn't get games! Has no defense, plus he lacks consistency. Also I dont think he will be at Adelaide next year anyway so..

So theres my list for Adelaide. Feel free to share your opinions on my Top 10 list, or voice your own if you like. :)

CrowsFan

Pretty much agree with that list maca. Very comprehensive and well reasoned with why you have put players in certain places. Would perhaps put Sam Jacobs in there though. Been contributing very well in the ruck and got plenty of room for improvement still

ossie85

Not trying to stir the pot, but that top 10 is probably the reason why the Crows are struggling. Not many A-Graders, just really good footballers.

hawk_88

Quote from: ossie85 on June 30, 2011, 06:22:14 AM

Not trying to stir the pot, but that top 10 is probably the reason why the Crows are struggling. Not many A-Graders, just really good footballers.

Agree. Few of them could become A-graders in the near future, but the Crow's top end is one of the weakest in the AFL. Good kids though so there is potential.

CrowsFan

I do agree with you ossie so fair comment.
I would say from that list the only A-graders are Scott Thompson, Ben Rutten, and Graham Johncock. Van Berlo just misses out on A-grade status in my opinion.
Tippett, Dangerfield, Douglas and Sloane all have a chance of getting there, but are not there yet, which is why they are not performing well this year...

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 03:42:04 AM
Pretty much agree with that list maca. Very comprehensive and well reasoned with why you have put players in certain places. Would perhaps put Sam Jacobs in there though. Been contributing very well in the ruck and got plenty of room for improvement still
Thanks CF. Thanks everyone for commenting!
I was getting worried that this would be a dud  :-X
Will do the kangaroos next I think.

CrowsFan

Yeah sorry took me a while to get around to it ;)
Problem is there is never all that much activity on the crows board :(
Post on the Freo/Hawks/Bomber threads etc you will get lots of responses ;)

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 01:51:44 PM
Yeah sorry took me a while to get around to it ;)
Problem is there is never all that much activity on the crows board :(
Post on the Freo/Hawks/Bomber threads etc you will get lots of responses ;)
Yeh I know. Just wanted to create more activity. Kangas next then hawks.

c4v3m4n

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the Roos.

Just remember, play nice. ;D

AFEV

I can see it now...
1. Lachie Henderson:
Need I justify it? ;)

Maca24

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 30, 2011, 03:24:47 PM
Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the Roos.

Just remember, play nice. ;D
Haha I will mate :) I was nice about the crows so gotta be consistent.
I should have it up by 2moro as im home sick and bored.
Adelaide was a challenging list to pick a Top 10 from. Kangas should be more obvious (Im hoping!)

hawk_88

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 01:33:30 PM
I do agree with you ossie so fair comment.
I would say from that list the only A-graders are Scott Thompson, Ben Rutten, and Graham Johncock. Van Berlo just misses out on A-grade status in my opinion.
Tippett, Dangerfield, Douglas and Sloane all have a chance of getting there, but are not there yet, which is why they are not performing well this year...

Last year I would have said Johncock, based on this year though he would miss in my opinion.

PowerBug

I didn't know that the Crows had 10 good players ???

DG

Great post Maca, would have to agree with most of it, reckon like CF said, Big Sauce is probably around the mark. The top 8 you have are pretty much right, 9 and 10 couldve gone to about 7-8 blokes. Dont reckon Knighter will be there next year either...

Maca24

Quote from: DG on July 01, 2011, 01:15:48 PM
Great post Maca, would have to agree with most of it, reckon like CF said, Big Sauce is probably around the mark. The top 8 you have are pretty much right, 9 and 10 couldve gone to about 7-8 blokes. Dont reckon Knighter will be there next year either...
Yeh thanks DG. Was a toughish list to compile with a lack of big guns at the crows.
Hendo was probably a bit stiff aswell. But Reilly has been having a good year. hmm