Main Menu

Coach Interview #4

Started by Cruiseon, June 24, 2011, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

For those who have not seen seen in the Coaches section please see below

Well after a short hiatus Cruise News turn its attention away from the experience and wisedom of Monty, McRooster and Ossie and for the first time takes a look at Generation Z. As you will see if our subject in focus this week, Luigi, is in any way indicative of the broader Gen Z the future is in good hands.   

So Luigi, good to have you onboard for the 4th edition of FF coaches interview. As undoubtedly the youngest coach in profile thus far can you let us know how you fit in your Fanfooty time in with school work and curious parents?

Thanks Cruise and always a pleasure to be seriously viewed by older people. As you would probably guess, education is a top priority. I do my homework and study hard (BB, do not comment on that…). I will usually check the things that won’t take too long and won’t require too much time such as the Front Bar and the Soccer Board, when have to get straight back into my studies. But if things seem free and I have liberty, I will most definitely share my thoughts in the Coaches Board and the SC Boards. Yes my parents do get annoyed seeing me on the computer too much, but they trust that I am doing what is required study-wise, and my results have shown that I have put good effort into my studies. I am not really hiding that I am on Fanfooty, but I hide it sometimes just so they don’t start getting annoyed that I am on the one site too often.

I don't think it is a secret that you are 14 years old, yet I sense quite a maturity beyond your young years. Where does this come from and despite playing for the AllStars in the Elxam Cup why do you support the Bombers?

Being along-side the AllStars is simply a benefit IMO. Just added fun to my SC journeys, and a good way to create more friendships (and rivalries) with fellow Coaches! I support the Bombers, as my Italian-born father supported for AC Milan with the colours Red and Black, so it simply started from there. Though I was on the brink of losing one eye as my Uncle is a passionate Collingwood supporter and I was convinced when I was younger, that I had to go for them. But luckily I had my older brother to steer me in the right direction! I guess maturity just develops over time. Some mature quicker than others; I guess that’s just how life goes!

You have a very close relationship with BomberBoy, attending the same school even sharing your Elxam SC team, how do you guys originally know each other and who introduced who to Fanfooty?

Well we started off in the same grade in year 7 which happened to be the class for the brighter ones. In our class’ first Personal Development class, I prepared a speech to give to the class, explaining what SuperCoach was and that a 7B league should be made. Almost all the class listened to me and joined. Though straight after the class, I saw BB talking to someone about DreamTeam, and them I’m like to him “Dude, SuperCoach is the way to go!” and from then one we simply talked about SuperCoach almost everyday until the season started, while he slowly gained a lot of trust in me! In the end he did better than me last year, which I entirely accept. Near the end of last season BB introduced me to the SuperRoach Forum. Which I think he made friends with HP and RB who introduced him to FF, which he then convinced me to join with him; and look where that has gotten me   

It is also no secret that I am from a very different generation to yours, I am curious as to how much time you spend online, where outside of FF you spend your on-line time and how a 14 year old has to be careful with issues such as bullying and protecting your identity.

I am quite smart and mature, therefore avoid, and don’t respond to bullying. Outside of FF, I play SoccerManager, go on soccer websites to find out the latest soccer news, and I download and discover new music. I don’t really play games, and my parents don’t usually like it when I am on the computer for pointless things too often. I used to use msn when I was in primary school, but now a higher more superior Social Networking website has swallowed me in! I do enjoy simply being on the computer also to just edit my iTunes library.

You mentioned to me that you play guitar and like music. Can you think of three bands that some of the older members of FF should check out and might cross the generational gap?

Well, I wouldn’t like to embarrass my self here, so I’ll be careful. Well when I was little, I would tune into the radio, and would just like the music because it was on the radio. I kinda still do that now. However I do go on illegal websites named mzhiphop.com or im1music.net and discover new Hip/Hop, Rap, R&B or Pop music that usually doesn’t come out for another month or two. It contains the likes of Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Eminem Drake, T-Pain and so on. Not to say I don’t like them, but they’re not really my favourite artists. They just create a song here or there that I seem to like. But artists that I actually enjoy as a whole are 3OH!3, The Simple Plan, Pibull, Akon, Linkin Park, Bon Jovi and Eminem (At least AFEV isn’t here to criticise me on those selections). I can almost guarantee that I will get bagged because of this, but I actually do enjoy the music in Glee. They’re covers of some of the world’s most well known songs are actually quite good. Their attempts at originals haven’t been so bad. The Simple Plan, Linkin Park and also All Time Low are emerging bands that should continue to produce good music, even past my current generation.

So onto to footy, which is why we are all here. How many games a year do you get to and who are your 3 favourites players (from any club) since you've been watching football?

I usually get to quite a few games at either Etihad Stadium or the MCG to see the bombers play. I usually go with my Dad and brothers, all Essendon supporters. I have already been to 3 or 4 matches this year, and I would assume that I will go to at-least another 3 or 4 for the remainder of the season. We love trying to go the matches against Hawthorn, St Kilda, Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood, though ANZAC matches are getting harder to attend each year. Despite his troubles, one of my favourite players was Andrew Lovett. His Anzac Day heroics just took me. His speed and agility are superb. Heppell, Zaharakis and Monfries top my list in current Essendon players. Plus also it is a bit hard to leave out Priddis and Sylvia as players who I enjoy to watch play.

Finally, I know that Valkorum is a very handy musician but if you had to form a band with your peers from Fanfooty who would you choose and what instruments would they play?

Wow ok. For a start I could be switched between Piano and Guitar. I am quite talented at both, but find Guitar more fun, especially with my new Epiphone Dot Cherry, Semi Acoustic Guitar! Well I don’t know much about what my fellow FF member play exactly, but I do know that HP, you Cruise, Prospector and Valk know know their fair share of musical knowledge. Plus ML, BP, Hawka and Pyro like their music. I would mention Naste as well, but I don’t really like his type of music one bit. So I guess I’ll take lead guitar, hawka can take Rhythm guitar. Valk on the bass and ML with the drums. You Cruise can take the Electric Keyboard. Pros can take any other instrument from Violin to the Saxophone, as I feel he is very wise to play anything! And I guess anyone, including Pyro, RB, MTTY, Daz, CM (Cookie Monster), BB, McRooster, ossie, ZZ, CF, Barlow or BS could sing (sorry to anyone I may have missed out.)

Good to chat Luigi, thanks for your time.

Very pleased to chat with you Cruise, and thank you for selecting me!