c4v3m4n

Quote from: elephants on August 02, 2011, 07:13:02 PM
Hahahah C4 your dp :)

I'd be keen for a trade period :)

Good isn't it?  ;D

bomberboy0618

Rex Garwood.
TFL career

Best known for his exploits on the football field, Garwood is the only person in history to have won three William Leitch Medals. He was mostly used as a ruck rover but could also play in key positions such as centre half-forward.

Garwood made his league debut in 1950 with New Town. He won his first Leitch Medal the following season, topped New Town's goalkicking and played in their 1951 premiership team. In 1953 he was appointed club captain and helped them to another premiership.

He transferred to New Norfolk in 1954 and was immediately given the role of captain-coach. The Tasmanian won his second Leitch Medal in 1955 and at the conclusion of the 1957 season was relieved of his coaching duties. He won another Leitch Medal in 1958 before his retirement in 1960.[1]
State Representative

Garwood was a regular Tasmanian interstate representative. He played for his state in the 1953 Adelaide Carnival, 1956 Perth Carnival and the 1958 Melbourne Carnival. At the Perth Carnival he was captain-coach and kicked seven goals in a game against the VFA. Garwood also captained Tasmania in interstate matches during 1955 and 1957.
He also played bowls and test cricket :D

c4v3m4n

bomberboy0618

I took it straight from the AFL book so not my fault :P
Good though by the looks of it :).

c4v3m4n

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on August 02, 2011, 10:02:44 PM
I took it straight from the AFL book so not my fault :P
Good though by the looks of it :).

Definitely.

I really really hope LE doesn't take my last pick...  :-[

bomberboy0618

Have I only had 21 picks as this is my team atm:
FB Francis Bourke, Syd Coventry, Kevin Neale
HB Scott West, Reg Hickey, Rick Davies
C Bob Quinn , Herbie Matthews, Michael Long
HF Gavin Brown, Darrel Baldock, Albert Thurgood
FF Ian Nankervis, Bob Pratt, Doug Wade
F John Nicholls, Bob Skilton, Horrie Gorringe
I/C _________, Geoff Blethyn, Rex Garwood, John Leedham   
Can someone help me move around players as I have no idea :/

elephants

Chris Mainwaring
201 games 84 goals for the mighty eagles.

Mainwaring started his career with the Geraldton Rovers before being recruited by East Fremantle "The Sharks" in 1985. In his first season, he was a member of the Western Australian State of Origin team and played in a Sharks premiership team.

He was a member of the West Coast Eagles' inaugural squad in 1987. He made his debut in round three that year, against Sydney at Subiaco and afterwards only missed one game for the season.[1] and was named their best first year player.[2] Mainwaring played for the Eagles on the wing and contributed greatly to their success, playing in both their 1992 and 1994 premierships. The image of him leaping with joy at the conclusion of the game, despite having a broken ankle, is one of the lasting images of the Eagles' first premiership. He played 201 games for the Eagles between 1987 and 1999, kicking 84 goals.

Mainwaring was an All-Australian in 1991 and 1996 and has been named on the wing in the West Coast Eagles' Team of the Decade in 1996, Team20 in 2006 and East Fremantle's Team of the Century in 1997. Whilst he never won the Club Champion award at the Eagles, he finished in the top 10 eight times, including placing third in both his debut and second years in the VFL and second in 1989, 1992 and 1996.[3]

In 1997, he suffered a knee injury, which required a knee reconstruction and this put him out of action for the rest of that season. In 1998, while he was attempting to regain form, Mainwaring spent most of the season playing for the Sharks, before making his return to the West Coast side late that year. After another season in which he was in and out of the Eagles' side (and playing for East Fremantle), Mainwaring retired from AFL football.

He wore the Eagles' number 3 guernsey, a number which has only been worn by him and Chris Judd during the Eagles' history. The club retired the number for the following three seasons, until it was revived by Eagles' draft pick Andrew Gaff in 2011.

Mainwaring played another season for the Sharks in 2000, after which he retired.

After leaving football, Mainwaring took a job with Seven News. By 2007, he was reading the sport at the weekend, as well as reporting during the week. He also read the sport headlines during the news on Perth radio station Mix 94.5 from 5:30â€"9:00 am. In 2005 he was a Reporter of the Seven news desk. Since 2001 he was a member of the selection panel for the All-Australian team and the AFL Rising Star.[4] He was married to Rani and had two children.

So yeah... I'll post my team in a sec.

elephants

FB: Curcio, Silvagni, Worsfold
HB: McHale, Collier,
C: Crawford, Cousins, Dipper
HF: Lyon, Glendenning, Jesaulenko
FF: McKenna,  Brownless, Harvey
Followers: Newman, Barassi, Gary Ablett (Jnr)
I/C Jack Moriaty, Lou Richards, Norm Smith, Tony Liberatore

c4v3m4n

Okay, the person who takes the final spot in my team of 22 is....

...John Halbert.

John Halbert is one of the finest centreman to grace the fields in the SANFL. He played 244 games for Sturt in a career spanning 14 years.

He debuted for the Double Blues in 1955, with immediate success. In his debut season, he came 2nd in the Magarey Medal; a position he'd have to get used to. Though while his talents and skills continued to grow, in 1958 and 1960 he again came 2nd in the Magarey Medal.

Finally, everything changed in 1961. Playing probably his best season, he finally won the Magarey Medal, along with a spot in the All-Australian team. In the beginning of 1962, he was made Captain of Sturt.

In 1966, he added the final missing piece for his football portfolio, a premiership. Unfortunately for him, injuries keep him out of Sturt's 1967 and 1968 premiership team.

Due to these continuing injuries, he was forced to retire. :(

His career achievements:

• 244 games and 253 goals for Sturt between 1955 and 1968.
  • Captain of Sturt from 1962 to 1968
  • Sturt premiership winner in 1966
  • Sturt best and fairest winner in 1958, 1960, 1961 and 1964
  • Magarey Medallist in 1961 (runner-up in 1955, 1958 and 1960, third in 1964)
  • All-Australian in 1961
  • Member of the SA Hall of Fame
  • Awarded the "Member of the Order of the British Empire" (MBE) and the "Member of the Order of Australia" (AM) in 1969 and 2009, respectively.

A true champion and a worthy addition to c4v3m4n's Titans. The team line-up now looks like this (subject to trades and general tinkering):

FB:  Bernie Smith, Jack Regan, Vic Thorp
HB: Ron Clegg, Ted Whitten, Geof Motley
C:  Robert Flower, William Truscott, John Halbert
HF:  Dermott Brereton, Royce Hart, Stephen Kernahan
FF:  Bernie Naylor, Austin Robertson Jnr, George Doig
Followers:  Gary Dempsey, Jack Dyer, Len Fitzgerald
I/C:   Jim Stynes, Bernie Quinlan, Charlie Sutton, Jack Sheedy

Very very happy with that team. Centre line is definitely the weak point, but that back line and forward line is amazing!  ;D ;D

c4v3m4n

Quote from: elephants on August 02, 2011, 11:53:58 PM
FB: Curcio, Silvagni, Worsfold
HB: McHale, Collier,
C: Crawford, Cousins, Dipper
HF: Lyon, Glendenning, Jesaulenko
FF: McKenna,  Brownless, Harvey
Followers: Newman, Barassi, Gary Ablett (Jnr)
I/C Jack Moriaty, Lou Richards, Norm Smith, Tony Liberatore

Hey LE, you're missing someone... ;)

AFEV

Wow C4, Halbert and Sheedy are dead ringers for each other! ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on August 03, 2011, 01:06:47 AM

Are you sure? Check again... ;)

RiOtChEsS

B: Brian Lake, Matthew Pavlich, Luke Hodge
HB: Brendon Goddard, Glen Jackovich, Sam Fisher
C: Adam Goodes, Michael Voss, Scott Pendlebury
HF: Steve Johnson, Matthew Richardson, Lance Franklin
FF: Matthew Lloyd, Tony Lockett, Darren Jarman
Followers: Aaron Sandilands, Nicholas Naitanui, Mark Ricciuto
Bench Andrew McLeod, Paul Chapman, Cyril Rioli, Joel Selwood

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 03, 2011, 01:07:52 AM
Quote from: Sid on August 03, 2011, 01:06:47 AM

Are you sure? Check again... ;)
Wow!
Sheedy  must have had a lost of plastic surgery. Even MJ would be inspired :o