Trade Period?

Have a trade period
0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

CrowsFan

Lake! Are you serious? Even for your strategy that is pretty stupid marcz. He has had one good season his entire career!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 30, 2011, 03:33:24 AM
Lake! Are you serious? Even for your strategy that is pretty stupid marcz. He has had one good season his entire career!
really? mustve fluked that 2nd AA then CF :P

the AA's dont really matter anyway its the type of player i want, i dont think ya really know my strategy either CF...

CrowsFan

Quote from: Marcz on July 30, 2011, 03:49:14 AM

the AA's dont really matter anyway its the type of player i want, i dont think ya really know my strategy either CF...
Oh he was an AA twice? Didn't know that haha. Yes I guess I don't know your strategy then. Care to tell me since I'm not in this draft?

Cookie Monster

The return

Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 30, 2011, 12:22:14 PM
Pavlich full back?
been every position and has suceeded in every position, won a all australian off full back and genuine freak

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 30, 2011, 11:32:50 AM
Quote from: Marcz on July 30, 2011, 03:49:14 AM

Oh he was an AA twice? Didn't know that haha. Yes I guess I don't know your strategy then. Care to tell me since I'm not in this draft?

i dont expect il win but il reveal my strategy in the write ups...

lets face it everyone has a great team on paper being there r so many greats...

i wanted to go a different route all together and be a bit unique ;)

c4v3m4n

Hey everyone,

My next pick in the All-Time Draft is...

...Robert Flower.

Robert Flower played 272 games and kicked 315 goals for Melbourne between 1973 - 1987.

Before playing his first senior game in 1973, Melbourne were so amazed at the talents this young kid had, that they called him up and offered him the #2 guernsey.  :o

Melbourne weren't wrong. Flower then went on to become one of the greatest wingmen the game has ever seen. It was his unrivaled speed, implausible evasive ability, and extraordinary accuracy that made him a legend of the club.

After reading about him, it's somehow surprising to see that he never won a Brownlow (came 3rd twice) and only managed to win one best and fairest with Melbourne, especially with quotes like these:

"...beat Flower and you could just about retire from League Football because anything else smacked of anti-climax." - Brent Croswell

"I paid more attention to Robert Flower than any other opponent." - Wayne Schimmelbusch

His other achievements included:

• Melbourne captain from 1981-1987
  • Victorian representative 15 times (including 3 as captain)
  • Member of both the Victorian and Melbourne "Team of the Century"

Even though his achievement list is short, players and journalists seem to have him up there as one of the all-time greats.

Words can't comprehend my disbelief about how nobody had picked him up yet. I've come across a few articles that have him in the top 50 players of all-time, yet he's been picked up at 180-odd.  :o

Anyway, the c4v3m4n's Titans now look like this:

FB:  Bernie Smith, Jack Regan, Vic Thorp
HB: Ron Clegg, Ted Whitten, Geof Motley
C:  Robert Flower, _____, _____
HF:  Dermott Brereton, Royce Hart, Stephen Kernahan
FF:  Bernie Naylor, Austin Robertson Jnr, George Doig
Followers:  Gary Dempsey, Jack Dyer, Len Fitzgerald
I/C:   Jim Stynes, Bernie Quinlan, Charlie Sutton, _____

AFEV

He was Boomzie's next pick and mine haha looks like we waited 1 round too many. Nice pick.

elephants

Again my pick disappears before my eyes... Nice pick C4

Still struggling to find a Back Pocket but i'm shocked that Jack Moriarty has slipped all the way to me!

157 games and 626 goals as well as

Fitzroy Best and Fairest 1927.
    Fitzroy Leading goalkicker 9 times (1924, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1933).
    Fitzroy Team of the Century.
    VFL Leading goalkicker Medal 1924.
    Essendon Leading goalkicker 1922.
    Victorian representative (11 games, 42 goals).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FB: -----, Silvagni, Worsfold
HB: McHale, Collier, Glendenning
C: Crawford, Cousins, Dipper
HF: Lyon, Norm Smith, Jesaulenko
FF: McKenna, Brownless, Harvey
Followers: Newman, Barassi, Gary Ablett (Jnr)
I/C --------, -------, Jack Moriaty, Tony Liberatore

3 players still to be picked Hmmmm.....

elephants

Also I'll make....

Captain - Ron Barassi

Vice Captain - Stephen Silvagni

Substitute - Tony Liberatore

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on July 30, 2011, 02:03:50 PM
He was Boomzie's next pick and mine haha looks like we waited 1 round too many. Nice pick.

;D :P

AFEV

What are everyones thoughts on picking coaches after we all have 22 players?

elephants

Well if that's the case I'll probably make jock my coach and pick another half back.

AFEV

Quote from: elephants on July 30, 2011, 03:09:02 PM
Well if that's the case I'll probably make jock my coach and pick another half back.
You wouldn't be able to do that though :\
It would be like a separate draft, new order and everything, otherwise there would be a big advantage to thse who picked coaches as players and I would just pick Matson now :P

Cookie Monster

Quote from: elephants on July 30, 2011, 03:09:02 PM
Same with me and Sheedy