Have a trade period
0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Sid on June 20, 2011, 05:39:21 PM
No doubt Polly was a much better tap ruckman and he re-invented the way the handball was used but IMHO Nicholls is/was better around the ground. Also interesting to note that ruckmen these days are quite mobile eg. Hille, Ryder, Goldy, Cox, Sandi, Smith all more than handy players around the ground. Makes you wonder.

Great now I have to choose between 4 different KPP players although I think I just narrowed it down to 3.
In the olden day era's Ruckmen were more needed just for the tap to teammates. The game was also much more slower than it is today which explains why there are more mobile ruckmen today than ever before. Wonder if any ruckmen over the past decade will go, probably will......

AFEV

Cox certainly will. Without doubt he is a top 11 ruckman.
Sandi might but I doubt it.

Cookie Monster

This is a Team of The Century member, and i'm sure all of these will be taken with the first 22-24 picks.

He has an average of 5.4 goals a game, He scored a total of 537 goals from 98 games, he only scored 389 less goals than Matthew Lloyd from 172 more games, shows how good he was.

He was named at Full Foward in the Team of The Century after those 98 games.

He kicked 14 goals in a game once, 13 twice 12 once 10 six times 9 three times and 8 five times.

he also kicked 12 goals on debut.

- Dual premiership player
- coached the 62 and 65 Premiership for Essendon.
- Best and Fairest winner in 1942

Taking one of his great marks :)

John Coleman

c4v3m4n

AFEV

My turn :D I will have my write ups in a minute.

AFEV

My first pick for the draft is the one and only, Wayne 'Duck' Carey
Considered by many to be the best player in the most difficult position: CHF. Some even consider him the best ever, I don't; but I consider him the best player to build a team around!
He was a dual premiership captain with North, and was considered so important to their success that the phrase 'No Carey, No North' became popular from 1994 until he left the club.
He was capable of single handedly ripping a team to shreds, and was particularly successful throughout finals series.

B: ______, ______, ______
HB: ______, ______, ______
C:______, ______, ______
HF: ______, Wayne Carey, ______
FF:______, ______, ______
Followers: ______, ______, ______

AFEV

My second pick is Jason 'Chief' Dunstall.
One of the best full forwards ever, Dunstall certainly knew how to impose himself on a game with a career best of 17 goals in a game against Richmond.
He kicked 100 goals in a season 100 times, 3 Coleman medals in there, and 4 premierships in his time with the Hawks.

I consider him to be one of the best FFs ever, and he & Duck should prove to be a lethal combination for me.

B: ______, ______, ______
HB: ______, ______, ______
C:______, ______, ______
HF: ______, Wayne Carey, ______
FF:______, Jason Dunstall, ______
Followers: ______, ______, ______

Cookie Monster

1299 Goals from 306 games.

He was the first to kick 1000 goals.

Collingwoods leading goalkicker for 15 years!

He was one of the 25 greatest players who didn't win a brownlow.

He was the first to kick 100 goals, 300 games also.

this guy is a freak.

his name..... Gordon Coventry!

Boomz

Some people regard him as the best player of all time.... Haydn Bunton Senior.

Won the Brownlow 3 times including in his first 2 seasons with Fitzroy as a rover. He also won the Sandover Medal 3 times with Subiaco.

Fitzroy: 119 Games 207 Goals
Subiaco: 72 Games 190 Goals
Port Adelaide: 17 Games 30 Goals

AFEV

Boomzie has the lead early IMHO. Farmer palming it down to Bunton makes me want to cry :(

Boomz

Quote from: Sid on June 20, 2011, 07:05:02 PM
Boomzie has the lead early IMHO. Farmer palming it down to Bunton makes me want to cry :(

Was very happy they both survived to me  8)

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 20, 2011, 07:06:27 PM

I just wanted a ruckman, the gap between Nicholls & Famer and third best is just sooooo big :(

Boomz

Quote from: Sid on June 20, 2011, 07:07:45 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on June 20, 2011, 07:06:27 PM

I just wanted a ruckman, the gap between Nicholls & Famer and third best is just sooooo big :(

Yep :-\ if I hadn't got Farmer I probably would have waited till later in the draft to get a ruckman...

bomberboy0618

AFEV