Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

RiOtChEsS

c4v3m4n

And for my first draft pick... *drum roll*

....Mr. Football.

E. J. 'Ted' Whitten played a then-record 321 VFL games for Footscray between 1951 and 1970. With superb all-round skills (including the extraordinary talent of being able to kick efficiently with both his left and right foot), he was able to play out of any position on the field (but preferred either centre-half forward or centre-half back).

During his career he:

• Kicked 360 goals
  • Captain-coached his team for 14 seasons
  • Was club champion 5 times (1954, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1961)
  • Was the club's leading goalkicker 4 times (1961, 1962, 1964, 1968)
  • Was a member of the Bulldogs' only premiership in 1954
  • Polled 112 Brownlow votes in his career but didn't win one (was voted one of the 'greatest player not to win a Brownlow')
  • Represented Victoria 29 times

A true 'legend' of the game.

RiOtChEsS

c4v3m4n

I figure that there are so many prolific goalkickers, I'll pick someone else.

RiOtChEsS

i feel the same about midfielders ;D

AFEV

I'm going for a ruckman & a defender if they get to me. I feel there are a lot less of them than forwards/mids :P
Doubt they will slip to me but I can dream.

c4v3m4n

Yeah, I got some unique picks lined up.  :-X

pothead

Sorry guys i was at a mates house and didnt see the new draft list otherwise i would of been on if i knew i was earlier. I will pick kevin bartlett 403 matches and could win a game by his own boot.

AFEV

c4v3m4n

There's no way we could speed things up, is there? It'll become frustrating if people don't take their turn and we are having to constantly wait until we can skip their turn.

AFEV

Other than collab teams not really.
Elephants is skipped now anyhow.

Boomz

*yawn* hopefully this one doesn't die though :-X

AFEV

I'll make sure it won't :K
I love my drafts and I'll PM people and if they don't take their prick within a couple of weeks they will just be skipped as soon as it gets to them to save time :x

BBoy is up now I'm sure he'll take his pick after school.

CrowsFan

How about we make a rule that if someone doesn't do their pick I get to come in and pick for them! Just a heads up I know barely anything about the history of the game so I will pick current Adelaide players :D

AFEV

Interesting :P I remember you were the cricket master X_X
Footy history is certainly one of my better areas. I already have about 80 players lined up off the top of my head.