Which DPP?

Started by LaHug, June 10, 2011, 03:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one do I get? (Read below before voting)

I. Smith
3 (20%)
Callinan
3 (20%)
J.Tippett
8 (53.3%)
Someone else (please say who and why)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

LaHug

I need to get some mid premiums ASAP! The only way I can do that this week is by downgrading Darling and upgrading Krakouer. If I downgrade Darling, I will either have to cop a donut OR get a DPP and swing Chapman/Petrie to the forward line.
Sadly, there are no mid/fwd or ruc/fwd DPP rookie priced players on the bubble or even playing this round. So, I can either downgrade to a non-playing mid/fwd or a non-playing ruc/fwd.
Which option should I do?
And if it's not too much trouble... why?

EDIT: If I get mid/fwd, I play Mzungu this week. If I get ruc/fwd, I play Zac Smith.

Windigo

Get a DPP & avoid a donut at all costs from here on in.

urfresh23

I'm going to take a chance on Callinan this week as well i reckon, Smith looks like he won't be getting back into that Hawthorn side, and with Callinan coming back into the SANFL this week we can hope he comes back successfully and works his way into the side, there isn't any DPP's on the bubble or close, so at his rookie price I think take a chance on him, we are expecting him to play n if you have the cover then its worth a shot

LaHug

Quote from: urfresh23 on June 10, 2011, 03:19:32 PM
I'm going to take a chance on Callinan this week as well i reckon, Smith looks like he won't be getting back into that Hawthorn side, and with Callinan coming back into the SANFL this week we can hope he comes back successfully and works his way into the side, there isn't any DPP's on the bubble or close, so at his rookie price I think take a chance on him, we are expecting him to play n if you have the cover then its worth a shot
The problem is, he's been "coming back into the SANFL" for the last few weeks. Hopefully he actually plays and plays well. Probably the best option because he's the cheapest though.

LaHug

Also, see new point.

Quote from: LaHug on June 10, 2011, 03:13:10 PM
EDIT: If I get mid/fwd, I play Mzungu this week. If I get ruc/fwd, I play Zac Smith.

Nails

JTipett easy.

Mzungu = 70 points sitting on your bench
Z. Smith = 100 points sitting on your bench.

Z. Smith = good 2nd ruck and puts Petrie where he belongs (in your fwd line)

yorgis

callinan was supposed to play last week but had an infected toe. he is named to play this week on ball. it will be a while before

he is on the bubble [ if he ever does], but, hey, at his price if u need a dpp go for it and hope

LaHug

Quote from: Nails on June 10, 2011, 03:45:58 PM
JTipett easy.

Mzungu = 70 points sitting on your bench
Z. Smith = 100 points sitting on your bench.

Z. Smith = good 2nd ruck and puts Petrie where he belongs (in your fwd line)
Petrie will end up back in my rucks when Chapman gets moved to my forwards and Z. Smith will be downgraded or kept for cover (most likely the former).
Obviously, for this week, the Jippett move is the best. But in the long run, do I even need that link? Wouldn't another mid/fwd be better to have?

PowerBug

RUC/FWD easily. But not J.Tippett, he is a rookie. Get Matt Lobbe for 12k more who is a possibility of playing later in the season.

LaHug

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 05:48:38 PM
RUC/FWD easily. But not J.Tippett, he is a rookie. Get Matt Lobbe for 12k more who is a possibility of playing later in the season.
Unlikely that my ruc/fwd would ever play though... I'll have better cover in both the rucks and forward line so I don't need someone that's playing with that link.

PowerBug

Might be needed. If your tight on cash, 12k might be too much.

Ziplock

jippett imo. Having petrie and smith in your ruck line is a waste considering their scoring potentials. That being said, goldstein will probably deliver a spanking to Smith this week.

I think it's best in the long wrong though.

LaHug

Hmm... Keep in mind that I'll either have to get a mid/fwd DPP rookie later OR keep Chappy as my 6th mid. Would that change anything?

PowerBug

Chappy can be your 6th mid. It's fine.

Ago97

Be careful going on callinan early, remember he is still a rookie