[ELIMINATOR in mind] Buy Petrie with McCauley a cash cow?

Started by Andrew, April 27, 2011, 08:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richardson -> PETRIE (& sell McCauley at peak price)?

YES
4 (44.4%)
NO (retains my 19 trades & $330k)
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: April 30, 2011, 08:25:33 PM

Andrew

I'm sure this is the last chance to get Petrie well below $300k and North have an easy run of fixtures coming up next month. I want to have a good score for round 6 as it's where your team gets ranked for Eliminator. I have McCauley & Tippett in the rucks, always planning on using Tippett's DPP if McCauley didn't play. However, McCauley isn't just playing he looks like he could average 50-60 and rise in price a big amount making me money if I was to downgrade (getting dropped once J-Brown is back in 2 months?). But you still want some ruck cover all season which makes buying Petrie in the forward line now an interesting scenario.

My Forward Line (whole team)

Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Knights, Darling (Matera, Tapscott, Richardson)

Bringing in Petrie into my forward line leaves me with Darling on the bench for most of the next 2 months. I still need 2 upgrades in my forward line too (Chapman next week & someone else). With $330k in the bank and 19 trades left, is selling Richardson for Petrie worth doing (cost = $108k)? It's the only trade I'm seriously considering for this week and I don't see anyone else I can justify selling at this point outside of Richardson.

Sammocorw

You have used too many trades already. Hold on to what you have until you NEED to use them.

Andrew

Quote from: Sammocorw on April 27, 2011, 09:41:31 PM
You have used too many trades already. Hold on to what you have until you NEED to use them.

If I want cover in my rucks for Sandi/Cox later in the year and McCauley isn't playing (pretty likely with Brown to return), then yeah I use a necessary trade to avoid the doughnut but for some cheap ruckman who is unlikely to have any job security. Bringing Petrie in now is having the foresight to see that, and turning the situation into one with far more upside.

Is Petrie worth getting as a forward outright? Probably like a few I've reassessed him and with some easy games coming up I think he could put in some good scores.

Andrew

With Richardson now dropped... anyone else considering this trade?

Windigo

Richo & Krak out. Petrie & Harper in.  :P

But you have done nearly the max number of trades you can make in the completed rounds.

You have to stop somewhere. It's a long-long season.

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on April 28, 2011, 09:48:38 PM
Richo & Krak out. Petrie & Harper in.  :P

But you have done nearly the max number of trades you can make in the completed rounds.

You have to stop somewhere. It's a long-long season.

Only the fact that Chapman has a 104 b/e after the Geeling bye is stopping me do it, as I couldn't afford him/raise the cash in time if I got Petrie... I'm surprised in the lack of chat about Petrie. Not just his 143, hasn't he looked really sharp so far thus season (and even pre-season)? That's half the reason why I'm keen. The other is a long-term view for ruck bench cover as surely McCauley will get dropped and struggle to return once J-Brown is back? Thus I'd be best off milking him in 3-6 weeks...

Windigo

Petrie is a solid d player/DT option. Consistent over years.

He is not INJURY PRONE! Just had the one un-lucky year.

Andrew