And with 165k in the bank

Started by Andrew, March 25, 2011, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

DEF: Gibbs (D/M), Deledio (D/M), Duffield, Grimes, Adcock, Heppell (D/M), Lower (D.Stanley, McKernan (D/F), Duigan)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, J.Selwood, Goddard (D/M), Foley, Swallow (Harris, Bewick, Irons)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (J.Tippett (I'm buying Petrie or a cheap ruck down the track), McCauley)
FOR: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, M.Johnson (D/F), Knights, Krakouer, Richardson (Matera, Tapscott, Darling)

Only question: Should I swap J.Selwood for a MID/FOR? I'm tossing up between Pavlich or McGlynn, leaving me around $250k in the bank but a risk with scoring. Is Selwood worth it? Ditching him for a M/F would give me the ability to sub with Krakouer/Goodes, however I think with Mzungu & Callinan now mid-season downgrades, I don't need too as long as I get one of them in MIDS.

Andrew

Before round 3...

OUT Foley IN Liberatore
OUT M.Johnson IN C.Dawes

Now I have $337 400 in the bank and 22 trades left. Trades I'm already considering before round 4:

OUT Irons IN Curnow (last chance to get Curnow, looks like the 2011 Barlow)
OUT Duffield (doesn't look like scoring a 100) IN Suckling (backed up his huge round 2 score)

Doing both would bank me $15k. Any thoughts?

TheHanger

andy, my first piece of advice to you is to do alot of homework before making another double trade. i think curnow was a must before he went up, now the ship may have sailed, unless you trade him in as a keeper. so if you are lookin for a cash cow grab a sun. now with duffield do research, maybe he has played his dud teams, maybe he is coming up against his best team. now look at bye positions and sucklings upcoming games. and explore other options, if you are going to do a double trade maybe look for the combination to give you the best outcome possible

Andrew

Ended up doing:

OUT Irons ($108k) IN Curnow

Thanks for your advice, Hanger. A bit early with a 4th trade to get off Duffield who at least has been improving. And yes good scores v North the past two years   :D

TheHanger

you know what, i think you should probably get rid of Duffield now haha

Andrew

Yeah thanks for your advice, Hanger  ;)  Not to worry though, I'd made so many trades I did need to be on the conservative side. Who would've thought BOTH Broughton & Duffield would be so poor? I was banking on one of them coming good and that one being mine. Now Duffield is looking like real shower and Josh Toy is looking like a good cheapie to hop on. With premium backs underperforming all over the shop, I think this is going with the trend. Also, how is Freo's run home? From round 19:

Hawthorn (home)
St.Kilda (away)
Carlton (home)
North Melbourne (away)
Collingwood (home)
Bulldogs (away)

So for this round, my trades will be:

OUT Duffield IN Toy
OUT Krakouer IN Fyfe

Thoughts, anyone? I'm certain on the first trade, only 80% on the 2nd trade.

Andrew

Ended up doing both trades, now I have $323k and 19 trades left. My team is as follows:

DEF: Gibbs (D/M), Deledio (D/M), Grimes, Adcock, Heppell (D/M), Toy, Stanley (Lower, McKernan (D/F), Duigan)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, J.Selwood, Goddard (D/M), Curnow, Swallow (Harris, Bewick, Liberatore)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (J.Tippett, McCauley)
FOR: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Knights, Richardson (Matera, Tapscott, Darling)

Only trade I'm considering for this week - with eliminator ranking in mind - is:

OUT Richardson IN Petrie

I could then sell McCauley when he's peaked in price (looks like he'll be an ok scorer). See my full reasoning in this post here: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,33194.0.html

TheHanger

i think just leave it for now, you cant burn through all your trades so early in the season, the run home is a good time to climb the rankings with good trades

Andrew

If I hadn't already done 2 upgrades in my forward line, I'd be all over the Petrie trade... But there are premiums I need to get in there. If Darling or Tapscott break a leg tonight, I'll definately bring in Petrie but am probably JUST holding off at this point in time. I seriously think my strategy is on the money, though!

Andrew

Went with it in the end:

OUT Richardson IN Petrie

I've got $215k in the bank and 18 trades left. Darling to play next week but then could be on the bench. Which isn't too desireable but that being said West Coast have a tough run coming up. Interesting times for Darling.

Andrew

This week I'm doing:

OUT Duigan IN Enright (costs me $137k)
OUT Libba IN Iles (banks me 118k)

I've now got $196.3k left and 16 trades. Then next week I'll do:

OUT McKernan IN Hibberd (as long as he gets named for his 3rd game)
OUT D. Swallow IN Chapman (unless Swallow scores 90+ this week, then I'll wait another week)

I'd still have between $90-100k left over with 14 trades. Sounds like a plan - your thoughts?

PowerBug

I'm glad that someone else on this site agrees with trading before round 10 and having a team set for the year. You're idea is fine, Chapman is a dead cert, and Hibberd will make a good downgrade. Not sure with Swallow though, maybe Libba should he not come back, or Harris cause Swallow is scoring well enough to keep.

Andrew

Yeah mate it'll be 14 trades left then get Mzungu/Callinan to swap with Chapman, before holding for a good period of time. I'm sure I'll still have 6-8 trades for finals time (which is heaps only need 4) along with cash. Good point about Swallow/Harris, but I'm selling Libba this week for Iles for sure.

PowerBug

No risk, no reward. I'll habe 15 left after this week, bringing in Jack R. and Priddis. I'm at my holding phase already, even though the now dropped Chad Cornes will be on my bench until their round 12 bye.

Andrew

I wouldn't get Jack Riewoldt but Priddis is a good 6th midfielder come seasons' end. I'm an Eagles fan and this year he looks like he's got the support to get free and slut it up.