Main Menu

Captain Gazz official

Started by Luigi197, January 19, 2011, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

ossie85

Yeah, clear choice. I thought Marc Lock might have been a smokie, and its good to see him on the leadership group.

cookie311993

Hawka

Some 1 stated this they said..its clear the GC dont want loyalty in the captains

they should of gaven it to rookies or ppl who didnt walk out of there club like harris
ther a new club so wats rong with trying young captains

ossie85

Gavin Wanganeen did the exact same thing to Essendon, I think people's opinion of him is pretty high

j959

easy decision for the club - now we'll get to see how good a leader he really is ... think he'll do fine but interesting nonetheless ...

nas

Quote from: ossie85 on January 19, 2011, 01:42:14 PM

Gavin Wanganeen did the exact same thing to Essendon, I think people's opinion of him is pretty high

Yep pretty much the same scenario except wangas went home, but yes good choice.

ossie85

Should we read into the fact that Josh Fraser - long time ruckmen and leader at Collingwood - was not in the leadership group - but Zac Smith, an inexperienced ruckmen, is?

nas

Have not read it as yet but what is the ages of each in the leadership wise compared to say Fraser.

ossie85

QuoteSUPERSTAR Gary Ablett says he is humbled to be chosen by his new teammates as the inaugural captain of the Gold Coast Suns.
Nathan Bock has been selected as vice-captain and Campbell Brown deputy vice-captain.

The Suns'  leadership group for their inaugural season will also include youngster Maverick Weller, ex-Brisbane Lions Michael Rischitelli, the Suns' 2010 VFL captain Marc Lock, youngster Zac Smith and former Kangaroo Daniel Harris.

Yes, Fraser is getting on a bit, but since when is age a real barrier in a leadership group? I'm starting to wonder if Fraser will even be in the best 22 now!

Hawka

well smith is very capable and they have another good ruck who also plays HF

bunyip

Gazza was always going to be captain. It's one of the things they used to entice him over. I'm sure he will be a good captain. What I'm interested in is how the lack of quality players around him will affect his game.

Luigi197

yea Bunyip thats exactly y GCS wont do good for a couple of years minimum...

bomberboy0618

maybe strauchnie should get on as that captain position they gave him at collingwood.
Something about deputy emergency vic deputy vice vice vice captain?
Has anyone else seen that episode?

Luigi197

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 19, 2011, 06:38:37 PM
maybe strauchnie should get on as that captain position they gave him at collingwood.
Something about deputy emergency vic deputy vice vice vice captain?
Has anyone else seen that episode?

soz mate dont know what ur talkin bout!