0 (0%)
3 (20%)
6 (40%)
1 (6.7%)
4 (26.7%)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

hally25547

This is my latest team and the first one made with the re-adjusted prices. What do you guys thinks of it?
Feedback and comments are greatly appreciated as is a vote in the poll above. Criticism is also welcome.
I am happy to rate anyones who posts the links.

Cheers, Hally  :)

Hall of Fame 13/01/2011 Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Hally25547. Salary cap left: $9,000.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Jack Grimes, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Josh Toy, Michael Hibberd, Daniel Talia

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Jimmy Bartel, David Swallow, Nathan Foley, Dyson Heppell
Shaun Atley, Tendai Mzungu, Ian Callinan

Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox
Zac Smith, Tom McDonald

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Knights, Drew Petrie, Dion Prestia
Brandon Matera, Cameron Richardson, Luke Tapscott

i traded anthony to foley because i dont want to pick anthony as a keeper, i would rather upgrade a foley to someone like a montagna or selwood.

with the cash i made from that move i have upgraded adcock to broughton.

thoughts?

Kanga King

the a pretty good team 7.5/10
backs - iam not sure about adcock due to his injury troubles in season past but if you want to take the risk on him go for it

Mids - soild but not sure on Sam Blease never heard of him maybe you can get Andrew Krakouer or Jasper McMillan-Pittard

Ruck- petrie as a second ruck? not sure about that because iam a north fan, scott said that he will be playing deep forward read this article. he should average about 70 -75 this season http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=105834

personally i would be picking up cox this season becasue of the rise of nic nat and the drafting of scott lyectt we coould season cox as numbers drop and out of the side towards the end of the season

forwards - Steele Sidebottom not sure. The games that i have watch this guy play he is a cherry picker

egosbar

solid backline , either broughton or duffield wont let you down toss a coin , im in the same boat and have duffield in but im a fan of broughtons too , this bye situation sux big time

mids strong first three , montagna will be in a lot of sides and he is in mine , he will be a solid pick , starting three rookies is risky buy you will know by end of nab cup if they look solid or not ,

risky starting petrie in the ruck hes in my forward line , depends if bailey or smith start in round three to cover him , it also leaves you vulnerable if he gets hurt early as you wont have cash to replace him with anyone decent and could fall behind the pack - risk reward though

nice looking forward line no problems there

didnt comment on your subs as with everyone depends on nab cup form and round one start

here is my team

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23641.msg288258.html#msg288258

hally25547

@ Kanga King
Firstly cheers for your comments. I personally think Petrie will average a bit over 80 but as long as he plays i dont mind because i am looking to upgrade him asap depending on his performances and those of premium ruckmen such as Cox. I cant afford to have Cox in my team so thats a no. I think Sidebottom is a star and will improve a heap again this year. Adcock is a risk but i think a lot of people will take that risk. Blease should get early games at Melbourne. He has high expectations and would have played already if not for injury but i will watch him preseason.

@Egosbar
Cheers for the feedback. I am willing to take the risk on Petrie so i hope it pays off. I will rate yours now.

zeus123456

Good looking solid team

Backs: Good backs nice and solid. I also have trouble picking either Duffman or Broughton, there both great players. I have broughton at the moment but might change

Mids: Solid, but big risk taking both Boyd and Montags when they both have a bye in round 4. I had Boyd and Hayes, but changed Hayes for Bartel because of the bye problem.

Rucks: Nice rucks and I like the idea of having petrie in the rucks to upgrade him like Cox or jolly.

Forwards: SOLID no problems at all mate.

I give this a rating of 9.5/10 good job!
Here is my team http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23752.0.html cheers Zeus123456

elephants

i had the same problem with hayes and boyd but i decided to pick up gaff and go for some youth and $$

RiOtChEsS

hally25547

Thanks Zeus, ele and marcz. I am mainly going for a league win and hopefully Mzungu and Atley play early so i have some cover for them. I will rate yours now Zeus.

hally25547

Should i trade Montagna to Bartel, Selwood or someone else so that I dont have Boyd and Montagna missing in round 4. This of course rules out Cross, Hayes and others from St. Kilda, WB and BL.

I also swapped Duffield to Broughton

azza_tash

Love the backs, the only difference between yours and mine is hibberd, so great ;) i'd go broughton, but both good options.
First 3 mids are the same as mine, love that too :) don't love gaff, blease or atley though.. there's usually only one first year player that excels dt wise, and i don't think its gonna be one of them.. blease is a classy player, but he doesn't have the numbers game down yet by the sounds of things. Gaff and Atley should be good in years to come, but i don't thin they're quite ready yet maturity-wise.. You'd be silly not to fit Krakouer in there somewhere. And montagna is a star, not too old, very consistent, great pick.
Rucks i don't mind, but i disagree with the cox comment, he had his worst year for a while last year, but remember he was still the highest scoring ruckman in the league last year.
Forward line is not for me.. don't like buddy's inconsistency, and sylvia's injury risk.. love sidebottom, and chappy is the best. I think he'll be alright this year with the bye's, and i don't think it will matter because we get so much cover this year, so leave him in :)
8.5/10 nice work :)

hally25547

Quote from: azza_tash on January 13, 2011, 02:00:05 AM
Love the backs, the only difference between yours and mine is hibberd, so great ;) i'd go broughton, but both good options.
First 3 mids are the same as mine, love that too :) don't love gaff, blease or atley though.. there's usually only one first year player that excels dt wise, and i don't think its gonna be one of them.. blease is a classy player, but he doesn't have the numbers game down yet by the sounds of things. Gaff and Atley should be good in years to come, but i don't thin they're quite ready yet maturity-wise.. You'd be silly not to fit Krakouer in there somewhere. And montagna is a star, not too old, very consistent, great pick.
Rucks i don't mind, but i disagree with the cox comment, he had his worst year for a while last year, but remember he was still the highest scoring ruckman in the league last year.
Forward line is not for me.. don't like buddy's inconsistency, and sylvia's injury risk.. love sidebottom, and chappy is the best. I think he'll be alright this year with the bye's, and i don't think it will matter because we get so much cover this year, so leave him in :)
8.5/10 nice work :)

thanks for that azza. Unfortunately i cant have boyd and montagna on the same line so i have traded him out for Joel Selwood. I will trade Blease out for Krakouer now. I disagree with your comments on Atley and Gaff though. Gaff is a very classy player and will get good gametime in a struggling westcoast team. Atley was also a supposed bargain for the Kangaroos and should play early.

Cheers for your input :)

Nails

8/10.

Backs are solid.
Mids - iffy about you possibly lacking a prem.
Rucks - solid
Forwards- I'm not really sold on Steele myself...

hally25547

Quote from: Nails on January 13, 2011, 01:10:28 PM
8/10.

Backs are solid.
Mids - iffy about you possibly lacking a prem.
Rucks - solid
Forwards- I'm not really sold on Steele myself...

cheers nails. i am trying to work another premium into my mids at the moment. Hopefully Steele can improve to a 90+ average this year and i think he is very capable of it.

hally25547

changes at the top. Is having two rookie forwards too risky?

Changes I am considering are Montagna to Gaff and Smith to Buddy? Thoughts?

hally25547