Kane Cornes 2011

Started by PowerMan, January 03, 2011, 05:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim cowski

just came across this topic.

ive been looking at kane cornes for awhile now. i think he has a lot going for him in 2011 and could be quite a good pickup. he wont be the highest averaging player, but could well feature in the top 5 for total points in 2011

first of all, he is a gun fantasy player. a few years ago, he was the must have along with bartel. now i know he currently is not getting the numbers similar to swan and the likes (110+ average),  but he is a sure thing to average somewhere between 100-107.

but here is why im particularly interested in him.

kane cornes is as durable as they come, having not missed a game for the last few years. durability is even more important this year because of the byes.
kane is also very consistent.port adelaide do not have their first bye until round twelve, which means youll have kane pumping out very good scores for your team for the first 11 rounds, getting a heads up on other players who have premiums with early byes.

also, the teams that port play twice this year ( crows, pies, hawks, demons, north, west coast) are the teams that kane does particularly well against.

Last 6 v adelaide= 607 @101.16 High 118 Low 84
Last 6 v Collingwood = 627 @ 104.5 High 134 Low 81
Last 6 v Hawks 624 @ 104 High 164 Low 79
Last 6 v Melbourne 602 @ 100.3 High 113 Low 82
Last 6 v NorthM 650 @ 108.3 High 131 Low 87
Last 6 v WCE 647 @ 107.8 High 119 Low 75

Now ive given the last 6 games of each team to show how hes gone against them for the last 3 to 4 years. but if you look at his entire career, hes always chopped it against all of those teams except the crows.

at this stage hes in my team and is a good pick if your going for overall imo

Chopps

He is a lock as 3 rd mid for me with aim to be 5th or 6th at the end of the yr

dylsta05

nooo i dunno i think port will play more youth in mids which will give cornes a little less time

Chopps

Quote from: dylsta05 on January 12, 2011, 02:27:19 AM
nooo i dunno i think port will play more youth in mids which will give cornes a little less time

i doubt that, even if they play more youth i dont think it will be at the expense of a consistent player like Kornes

PowerMan

Some nice stats there JC, even more reason to get him.

elephants

Quote from: Chopps on January 12, 2011, 10:49:33 AM
Quote from: dylsta05 on January 12, 2011, 02:27:19 AM

i doubt that, even if they play more youth i dont think it will be at the expense of a consistent player like Kornes
+1

i wont have kornes, i dropped him for gaff for some $$

Chopps

after being such a fan and sayin yes yes lock without a doubt, money has come to the issue so now it looks likely kornes will be dropped to save money

elephants

Quote from: Chopps on January 12, 2011, 04:20:40 PM
after being such a fan and sayin yes yes lock without a doubt, money has come to the issue so now it looks likely kornes will be dropped to save money
yep just what i did ;)

Chopps

issue is no way he'll come into myside as a trade pity ah well bit like hodge (although he might make a late appearance)

RiOtChEsS

he wont miss games but still wont make my team