after a lot of study please rate this out of ten i think a 10

Started by egosbar, January 03, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale93

Holz I am going for only ranking what are some tactics you use?team struther and number of players in each team etc....

egosbar

Quote from: Jez Do It on January 03, 2011, 06:01:19 PM
I reckon it loses a point or 2 for no obvious DPP's.  I think this year we'll need to make good use of these to cover byes etc.  Having Goddard, Gibbs and Delidio all as backs gives you no way of utilising them as mids.  I reckon swing one of them into the mids and you'll get better coverage and value from them.

i have heppell on the bench in middle to cover mid back position changes with goddard gibbs and dids

i have petrie in forward line to cover ruck byes with both bench players duel positition

i have sidebottom interchanging posititons with petterd and mzungu

depending on rookies with duel postition pre season i could gain a more but i think i enough with three bench players this season

egosbar

Quote from: Holzman on January 03, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
A very different setup than my team, i only look at go for ranking so this is how i base my ratings. This team seems to be for someone who wants a league win.

forwards: are very good no problem with this.
rucks: very weak.
backs: everything but the 2 freo players is good.
mids: for me this is the biggest are of concern. I dont like sidebottom i personally dont think he will increase his average this year, and also that makes 2 magpies. Really dont like the rich call, will get a big tag and i dont see him as a dt player. Tambling is very risky and i think there are beter players than shuey.
where is swallow or even Gaff im pretty sure swallow and gaff should easily outscore tambling and shuey at a much lower cost.

yes i play cash leagues so it is a league win team set up

egosbar

Quote from: zeddyzed on January 03, 2011, 07:45:16 PM
swallow and gaff should easily outscore tambling and shuey at a much lower cost.

+1

this i may have to use if montys prices are wrong they are the two i would look at as well so have to wait now for dt pricing but a good note to put down

Holz

Quote from: dale93 on January 03, 2011, 08:16:08 PM
Holz I am going for only ranking what are some tactics you use?team struther and number of players in each team etc....
for me personally i really like the gun rookie strategy, and when i say gun i mean the top of the top. I start with players like Swan, Boyd and i upgrade my midefield as soon as my rookies go up in value and a premium drops.  Going for ranking is all about getting a great team early. If i rookie has gone up 120k i will sell them even if they are likely to go up 20-30k more in the next 5+ rounds, for example by round 9 i had a midfield of Swan,Ablett, Montagna, Bartel, Selwood, Basrlow having these guys pump out 800 a week (with captain) really sets you up for the season. I dont normally upgrade on my other lines till after my midfield is set up, as the point descrepencies from the rookie to gun are much larger in the mid except for player like goddard (who i start with)

Holz

In terms of composition you need to look most importantly at the 3 bye rounds, as you should be able to cover the single bye rounds (as long as you only have one starting player per line from each team).  round 4 looks a bit of a worry with stkilda and the dogs both playing so this means i no longer have montagan and boyd starting, instead i will look to bring one of them in early season. (probably round 9 when i trade out a GC player just beofre thier bye).  Just make sure that you wont have too many premiums out in the multi bye rounds as one bad week can destroy your season. I had one horror round this season where i fell from 600 to 4000 and had to slwoly climb back all season (mainly from my midfield).

This is my very early team if your interested http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23679.0.html

Ravalle

Gotta agree that there does still seem to be a couple of tweaks to improve the side.....I want mine to be flexible this year with DPP but not at the cost of the quality of players picked to achieve this...I think it can be done..thats probably my only real issue with the team...
Rating - The team is good but we all think our teams are a 10!!!!! can you have a quick look and critique my most recent version for this season....thanks and good job

egosbar

ok id like to add this side and get your comparison

rounds four and six look a little of a worry but im mainly concerned with cash league wins so will have to wear this as will many

i think this is a better side then before

goddard,gibbs,deledio,broughton,duffield,adcock,jacobs
reserves     richardson talia toy

swan montagna bartell tambling gaff swallow
reserves - clarke(midback might find another when nab starts) blease callinan

sandilands , leuenberger
daw macdonald

franklin reiewoldt rioli grant knights petterd petrie
reserves mzungu matera darling

one more tweak im contemplating is adcock to otten which will allow grant to sidebottom any thoughts on this one?

marto9532

pre good team i like the idea of tambling. were do i go to plan a dt?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: marto9532 on January 05, 2011, 02:00:44 PM
create an account for this page http://fanfooty.com.au/

then click the fanplanner icon under the "gitcha harley running" article

valkorum

Quote from: marto9532 on January 05, 2011, 02:00:44 PM

www.fanfooty.com/planteam

elephants

Quote from: zeddyzed on January 03, 2011, 07:45:16 PM
swallow and gaff should easily outscore tambling and shuey at a much lower cost.

+1

Shuey got 105 vs geelong in round 22 last yr ;D

Dolten101

Dude, You are so up yourself. You remind me of leyton Hewitt. If you think your team is a ten why do you need people to rate it and give it advice .

YOU ARE A NOOB KNOW ONE LIKES YOU

Regards MR PLOW

CALL 1300 FOR SNOW REMOVAL FROM YOUR DRIVEWAY