Reserves= D.Rich , L.Anthony

Rucks=
D.Petrie , C.Cloke
Reserves=S.Jacobs , J.Spencer

Forwards=
S.Johnson , N.Brown , S.Wiggins ,
S.Goodwin , T.Cloke , J.Roughhead , D.Thomas
Reserves= M.brown, J.Gartlett

Worries are my ruck division and my 2x forwards Cloke and Roughhead ?

MaqAttaq

why is Rich sitting on your bench?...he should be part of your 22

you seem to have a fetish for "Cloke" brothers....Selwoods I understand but both Clokes??

macca30

Toss up between Beams and Rich for on field ? So Rich onfield better choice than Beams ?

Yer Cameron Cloke was a bad idea but hasen't hurt me to much should have gone Hamish MacIntosh.

Travis Cloke and Roghhead have cost me a few times now should I persist with them ?

nickyt

you simply have too many 200-300k players in your team. I think the aim in dt is too minimise the number of these ype of players and to get premiums as well as good scoring rookies. this way you can use your bench rookies money to upgrade substantially not just to waste trades making slight improvemnets on mid ranger players. Keep this in mnd for next year. The best example i can give for this would be having cox and meesen as  your two rucks. While no one could have picked meesen at the start of the year, him and cox are putting together over 160 between them each week. Once meesen's value increases enough you would then be able to trade in say a daniel rich who makes you 250k-ish and upgrade meesen to a jolly or alike.

I just feel you should incorporate this method for next year. If you have the trades i would start doing trades like this, this year. e.g. cloke & roughhead for riewoldt & nahas.

macca30

Thanks for that its my first year in DT and loving it , I guess I will learn alot from the first year cheers.

nickyt

yeh mate. Its just all about the strructure of your team and not having to rely on all your players doing well every week. I think if you make some good trades tho your team could still end up pretty good.

Kyuss

re Higgins
i think a good tip is where ever a midfielder can be placed in the fwds or backs do it to make room for dedicated midfielders, so you can get cheap high earners in your starting midfield like Rich.

Watto

Dreamteam in particular rewards players who consistently find the ball 30 times a week. These guys are your premium players. Throughout the course of the season, they will pretty much average 100 points a week.
Naturally, you want to get as many of these guys into your team as possible. (And a superstar as captain)

But they cost $350,000 upwards....

With just a $7,706,000 salary cap to work with, and 30 players to select, you can't just pick premiums.

So to get as many as premiums into your squad you need to select players who will score more than price would suggest. Good examples of these are Gilbert, Rich, Higgins and Krakouer.
Of course, on the bench you want to get cheap guys, coz they only count to your score if someone on the field doesn't play.
i.e. There's no point spending more than $180,000 on reserves

So anyway, (hopefully) your cash cows play well and shoot up in value (price). From here you have two options:
1. Trade them for a cheaper player (Eg Skipworth to Ziebell (or even just a rookie $84,200 to save some $$$)
2. Keep them
Or 3. Upgrade to a premium (Skipworth to Harvey)

But unless you have $100,000 to $150,000 spare Option 3 isn't available to you until you have downgraded another cash cow - so pretty much you will have to take Option 1 at some stage.

Overall, you want to have as many premiums as you can get, and to do this you have to get some cash cows.
The cheaper the players price, the less points they have to score to rise in price, and the more $$$ that they can rise.
So you want to try and avoid guys costing $200,000-$350,000 unless you are certain they will:
1. Be a premium (Eg Hasleby)
Or 2. Become one (Higgins)
Or 3. Be a cash cow

So generally avoid these guys unless you're sure they will be good.

Looking at your team, you have (prices from Round 1):

10 between $0-$150,000 (8 of these should be reserves)
4 between $150,100-$250,000 (Higgins and Houlihan good, others not)
5 between $250,100-$350,000 (Avoid)
11 above $350,100 (Should all be premiums)

So that's at least 7 guys that you shouldn't have.

Imagine if you traded out Hurn, Wiggins, C Cloke and T Murphy for Cash Cows (let's say Hill, Suban, Ziebell and Angus Graham).

This would save you $602,700

Then imagine you spent this $602,700 to upgrade T Cloke, Roughead, Thomas, Petrie and Stevens.

Instead of having 5 players who will average around 60-80 points, you could have 5 guys who will average around 100.

Yes, you might say, but the guys you downgraded to get this $602,700 will score less than my guys before them.

Yes they may well, but the new players will be cashcows who you can make  money off, and together with the five new premiums - will probably score more than your previous players.

Short term this strategy might not pay off in terms of scoring over 2000 straightaway.

But in the long run, this will score you far more points than otherwise.

I hope this has been a help to you Macca30 & good luck for the rest of your Dreamteam career!

macca30

That Helps alot thank you , Alot to think about , so during the season you gotta try find the cash cows to upgrade to premiums that is the big advantage so eventually you can have alot of premiums on field scoring good scores.

Cheers.

Watto

Yeah,

to put it simply that's the idea.

But u have to pick your premiums as well....

Prospector_1

Watto,

that's a great explanation, and sure beats the "its just like the stock Market" cr*p you find in the Hair-oiled/Sun booklet.

Well done!

Watto

nas

Well thought out & typed Watto,

Buy yourself a beer you deserve it for that.

Watto

Yeah,

a beer???

Not allowed to do that yet....

But thanks anyway