Unlikely
3 (8.3%)
NO
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Fletch74

Dion Prestia

Summary

Prestia was pick #9 in the draft this year, the Suns 5th pick, almost goes unnoticed as a 1st round draft pick.

Prestia averaged 28 disposals in the NAB Cup for the Calder Cannons, but had an interrupted season. Has impressive disposal skills and the ability to win the ball. Can be played both in the midfield as well as the a small forward.

Dion Prestia AFL

The Crystal Ball

Based on m0nty's fanplanner

Price: $172,500

m0nty has him listed as a Forward only, but he could be MPP, which may come in handy.

Decision

I'm shortlisting Prestia as I believe he has some good potential for The Suns, as well as maybe being that unique that may deliver the goods. Yes, there are many other rookie Suns that are ahead of him on the list, but he could be the surprise.

If he manages to get MPP, then he will almost definitely become a lock.

Will you be selecting Prestia in your SC team this year?

ossie85

As a forward, he'll be on the short list. Midfield? Probably not unless I go against the trend and not pick Swallow.

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on December 03, 2010, 11:14:20 AM

As a forward, he'll be on the short list. Midfield? Probably not unless I go against the trend and not pick Swallow.

I don't think anyone will be brave to go against Swallow

MajorLazer

It's between him ans Smith for me and if Prestia gets MPP then I will get him.

Shortlisted right now.

SydneyRox

Pestia, defn looks the goods to me, solid NAB cup and he is in my team, the MPP will just be a bonus if it comes off

browny_wce

he is a high possession winning forward who can swap in the mids
shud be listed as a forward and if he is he will be my 7th fwd

Boomz

If he's MPP then yes otherwise unlikely.

Junktimer

Maca24

looks like a good pickup in the forward line. shortlisted but will watch very closely.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on December 03, 2010, 07:57:06 PM
looks like a good pickup in the forward line. shortlisted but will watch very closely.
Will be doing the same. GC need some forwards and could do well off Half Forward. Price is a little higher than I like but if he is set to get games, I hope he can be a good cash cow at least.

j959

Really wanted Prestia before the draft and then he went to GC.
Difficult toss up between him and Brandon Matera now in the fwds.
If MPP mid, hard to take him D Swallow and Bennell at the same time (though not sure on Bennell - could be a bit like Stephen Hill, could crack out big score but probably not consistent at a guess).

erich1036

I've got the little fella locked in if hes a fwd

Najoman_86

Worth having both Prestia and Matera in your emergencies or too risky?

j959

Quote from: Najoman_86 on March 01, 2011, 01:59:00 PM
Worth having both Prestia and Matera in your emergencies or too risky?
i'm considering it najo, i don't think it's that risky ... but just have a think whether it's a waste of cash to have Prestia sitting on your pine - ie could have bargain rookie and use the cash saved to bolster other lines ...

Najoman_86

Cheers J959, agree with your thoughts regarding the cash on bench factor... But still thinking if cash allows, Prestia's MPP could be quite useful and worth the extra $