Main Menu

Tambling to Adelaide?

Started by CrowsFan, October 05, 2010, 01:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DG

i really dont think it will be that bad, he certainly has pace, and has shown glimpses, definitely think it is worth the risk.
We are going to have a heap of new players in with all the retirements and delistings, a little bit of experience could help. If not, we've wasted a pick 30, which is 50/50 chance of uncovering talent.

roo boys!

108 games, got some experience in the bag for sure. Still not convinced though..

Fletch74

Quote from: hawka26 on October 06, 2010, 08:47:02 PM
tambling could b rely rely good or rely rely fail
Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be good. Often players who have left the Tigers have come good ;)

Alex7089

Wow ripoff of the century...
Well done Richmond ;D
Tambling could be a serviceable player for Adelaide, but I'm inclined to think he will fail... :P

Still, there is a slight chance, either way Richmond is the winner out of this trade.

ossie85

That's what we were all saying about the Fevola<-->Henderson trade. Whoda thought the Blues would win out of that one!

nas

Quote from: McRooster on October 06, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: naste on October 06, 2010, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: McRooster on October 06, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 06, 2010, 08:04:46 PM
I thought adelaide were going to improve next year. Now not so sure if he makes it in their 22
Probably end up like Cameron Cloke at Port Power - play a bit pre season and never be in the 22 agreed..... unless INJURY gets us again  >:(

Cloke was supposed to be a back up for Brogan but with the kids coming on didn't happen, so in reply could he turn into a Rodan?
I like that spin naste - definately a glass half full idea  8)

I'd be surprised if you ever left a glass half full though mate   ;)

p.s. wasn't comparing the two players , just the two spud trades  :P

Never leave a glass 1/2 full or even worse 1/2 mt lol

McRooster

Quote from: naste on October 07, 2010, 06:12:50 PM
Quote from: McRooster on October 06, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: naste on October 06, 2010, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: McRooster on October 06, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 06, 2010, 08:04:46 PM
I thought adelaide were going to improve next year. Now not so sure if he makes it in their 22
Probably end up like Cameron Cloke at Port Power - play a bit pre season and never be in the 22 agreed..... unless INJURY gets us again  >:(

Cloke was supposed to be a back up for Brogan but with the kids coming on didn't happen, so in reply could he turn into a Rodan?
I like that spin naste - definately a glass half full idea  8)

I'd be surprised if you ever left a glass half full though mate   ;)

p.s. wasn't comparing the two players , just the two spud trades  :P

Never leave a glass 1/2 full or even worse 1/2 mt lol
All or nothing hey naste  ;)

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on October 07, 2010, 09:35:33 AM

That's what we were all saying about the Fevola<-->Henderson trade. Whoda thought the Blues would win out of that one!
But if you add Voss to the equation...... ;D

Maca24

Quote from: hawka26 on October 06, 2010, 08:47:02 PM
tambling could b rely rely good or rely rely fail
definitely. think he will be a fail but i mite be proven wrong. tigers would have to be happy though

roo boys!

yep, i dont know how the tigers did it ???

CrowsFan

Yeah neither. As someone pointed out we basically gave away Bock and pick 50 for him!

roo boys!

McRooster

Heard him on radio tonight and I must say he impressed me as a man.

He has just come back from Sri Lanka where he was learning techniques and strategies around foundation building toward helping the poorer communities. Something he hopes to one day pass on to indigenous communities in the Northern Territory.
The kid has done it tough and has seen a shrink to help him progress from the mental setbacks he has had as a player coping with the tag of 'expectation'.
Will be a good role model to the younger brigade and has been told by Craigy he'll play midfield/halfback (McLeod type role).

Everyone deserves a second chance and it sounds like this kids head is in the right place to deliver some good footy, good luck and welcome Richard.

On the downside however is that his trip to Adelaide is being slowed by the recovery from an adductor operation.....hope that's not too serious, he said he was fine but hmmmmm?

Cruiseon

Adelaide need more than Tambling to be any sort of contender in 2011 but he may add a little, his experience/leadership may indeed help. I think Adelaide are a bit soft especially in finals footy (Craig has a very bad record in finals) and Tambling certainly wont assist much there.

DG

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 26, 2010, 10:45:51 AM

Adelaide need more than Tambling to be any sort of contender in 2011 but he may add a little, his experience/leadership may indeed help. I think Adelaide are a bit soft especially in finals footy (Craig has a very bad record in finals) and Tambling certainly wont assist much there.

That's a very fair point Cruiseon, i think we are getting a little better in the hardness area, with Danger and Sloane coming through, but i'd like to think that we drafted for tough midfield types, not outside runners...