My 2011 Countdown: Andrew Swallow

Started by roo boys!, September 07, 2010, 04:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Andrew Swallow

2010 Stats
Games: 22
Total Score: 2337 (Ranked 12th overall, 12th amongst midfielders)
Average Score: 106.23 (Ranked 20th overall, 17th amongst midfielders)
High: 160 (Round 8 )
Low: 43 (Round 1)
Standard Deviation: 30.95
Centuries: 15 out of 22
Starting Price: $524,600
High Price: $565,100 (round 10)
Lowest Price: $482,100 (round 16)

Summary
There is no doubt that Andrew Swallow is at the A Grade level in the competition. He has proven all year that he can really step it up and play with the big names of the competition. Just watching North Melbourne games this year, he is really the big difference along with Boomer. He is a driving force at clearances and manages to get tons of possessions around the ground .His year only got better, with his worst score coming in round 1 before he scored a couple of tons, then 89 and 75 before he really started to get going and he delivered some very strong scores. His average for the next 8 rounds was 116, only dropping below 100 once, and that was 92. In the last 7 rounds he scored 6 tons and scored over 150 three times.

The Crystal Ball
Based on last year's magic number

Price: $564,187
Position:MID

Decision
His price will be reasonably high, so he won't come cheap to your team, but it is not massive. His few bad games around the middle of the year drag his average down a little so that makes him a bit cheaper than he would be. I think that it is a worthy price to pay for him though, he is only 23 and is constantly on the improve. He is already in a number of plans for SC 2011 teams and I think that along with his brother, David, they could be a very good addition to any midfield.

I will most likely be getting him, but will you be?

Master Q

If he was Cheaper, yes. I wasn't happy about his price, will just have to wait for it to go down.

Also, when did he score 160, all I see is a  8)

roo boys!

Haha cos it was in round 8, then there was a bracket, which makes it 8 ) without the space, which is 8) hahaha.
I will put in a space now ;D

DazBurg

improved dramatically in the past 2 years become a pretty good player but i think the price tag scares me off a bit

tferrier18

I really want to have him in my team. He's North melbourne's best player (alongside B. Harvey, who is also in contention for selection next year as a forward (If he'll even be positioned as a Fwd, since he spends the majority of his time in the mids))

If he's about 20k cheaper then he is an absolute lock, but I'll still be strongly considering him.

ossie85

Underrated player and a late bloomer!

With Q though, don't think so at that price

Justin Bieber

Quote from: roo boys! on September 07, 2010, 04:52:23 PM
He is already in a number of plans for SC 2011 teams and I think that along with his brother, David, they could be a very good addition to any midfield.
Who gave you that idea RB? ;).

Will love to get him for next year unless there is a frenzy to jump on him ::).

plugz19

both swallows in my mids next year ;)
anyone else see david swallow finished like 5th in the liston trophy (vfl brownlow)
this at his age is astonishing

roo boys!

Alex7089

Hell yes in a million ways yes. A star he is a lock for me. Had an awesome year I expect him to continue to improve!

Fletch74

Std Dev is 30.95 RB. A bit too expensive for mine. An absolute gun, but may hold back to begin with unless he absolutely blitzes in the pre-season.

roo boys!

Hawka

Anthony is higher on the list than swallow for me