5 (25%)
Definately not
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 4

ossie85

Nathan Bock

2010 Stats
Games: 13
Total Score: 1081 (Ranked 259th overall, 82nd amongst backs)
Average Score: 83.15 (Ranked 126th overall, 34th amongst backs)
High: 140 (Round 19)
Low: 50 (Round 3)
Standard Deviation: 25.87
Centuries: 4 out of 13
Starting Price: $530,000
High Price: $530,000 (round 1)
Lowest Price: $388,000 (round 18 )

Summary:

Bock has the honour of being the first player poached by the Gold Coast. A fact that cost him the last couple of games of 2010. Bock was hampered by injuries during the year, but still showed his capability with 4 centuries, including a 140 monster in round 19. His price at the start of the year was the highest he got, and he never strung together enough games.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number

Price: $441,600 (possibly $397,500)
Position: DEF

Bock played 13 games, most likely too many games to get a 10% discount in price, but you never know. At the moment, I'm assuming he won't and $441,600 is the price that will be on offer. He will be classified as a defender.

Bock will play the general's role down back for the Gold Coast, and despite the influx of young talent and stars the Suns will have, I think they will definitely need him at full power. Because of this, I think he can go close to averaging 100 like he has done in the past.

Decision:

Bock is definitely on my radar. A quality player that can anchor your backline. However, I would wait and see if he gets a full preseason before committing, because he did miss quite a few games in 2010.

Another point to consider that with the influx of Gold Coast rookies likely, can you afford to have that many GC players?

Will Nathan Bock prove to be an underpriced gem? Or has his best past him? And will Adelaide supporters not select him on principle?

Want some more procrastination? Other 2011 Countdown threads here:
Gary Ablett jnr
Ben Johnson
Tom Scully
Kurt Tippett

I've also decided to add polls to these things :)

Alex7089

I certainly won't be. The only GC players I will pick up is cash cows/rookies... Will probably burn me but I just think they'll struggle.

thatguy

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 03, 2010, 09:31:38 AM
I certainly won't be. The only GC players I will pick up is cash cows/rookies... Will probably burn me but I just think they'll struggle.

GC defenders could be good... ball could be down that end of the park a fair bit  ;D

roo boys!

Yeah I am most likely locking him in, I say most likely because he has to have a good pre-season then he is a lock.

Hawka

im gona look at him but i doubt he will be in my team

Alex7089

Another reason I will be steering clear of him is injury- he is so freaking injury prone burned me badly this year! Sadly he got himself a spot on my 'list'

sunny_side_down

hmm i think he'll play a defensive role at GC because of the lack of defensive options. will see how he is used pre season but will most likely be a no

DazBurg

nope i agree with alex cows an rookies

benjy251090

if he can get back to the bock of old he will be amazing though, will be watching him!

saborn

I know that a lot of people are concerned about having too many GC players starting players on the ground and as emergencies.

I figure that from a bye point of view, by the time GC's second bye comes around I'll have cashed in on a fair few of the GC emergencies so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Having said that, I think Bock is going to be someone I look at in 2011. Funnily enough, a lot of the players the GC seem to have picked up are defenders so they won't be too overwhelmed. The ball will be down there a lot as well, so they might be able to score well.