Main Menu

Need help with Display Picture

Started by Bosh, August 19, 2010, 10:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosh

Hey this might be a stupid question, but i'm new to the forum.
Everytime I try to upload a picture it comes up with "An Error Has Occurred! The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved"
How to you get a Display Picture under you name?
Thanks Bosh.

Fletch74

Under profile on the top of the page. You then click on Form profile, and then upload your own pic from there.

Bosh

Everytime I try to upload a picture it comes up with "An Error Has Occurred! The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved"

LF

yeah i tried again to upload a pic and it said it`s saved but there is no pic there.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: luvfooty on August 19, 2010, 12:39:30 PM
yeah i tried again to upload a pic and it said it`s saved but there is no pic there.
find the picture u want from facebook or whatever site right click on it go to the bottom of the options "properties" click that then go to the "location" copy that address including the http right to the end, then paste it into the "i have my own pic" done ;) u can thank Naste for that info he hooked me up

Justin Bieber

Also depends on size of pic. Some will take some would be too big to put in.

Ask Alex when he comes on. Seems to be the DP guru.

Alex7089

It won't be the size unless you were trying to upload a moving picture.
It is quite easy really if you just drag a picture up to the URL bar and copy and paste the link it gives you when it redirects you to a new page with just the picture.

Then you can paste it into 'I have my own picture' and done.
Marcz's way also works if tht is easier for you.
NOTE: Uploading a file from your computer does NOT work, this might be your problem.

roo boys!

Just go to profile and put the URL in, works for me!

nas

Quote from: Marcz on August 19, 2010, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on August 19, 2010, 12:39:30 PM
find the picture u want from facebook or whatever site right click on it go to the bottom of the options "properties" click that then go to the "location" copy that address including the http right to the end, then paste it into the "i have my own pic" done ;) u can thank Naste for that info he hooked me up

ta for that

Bosh

It doesnt seem to work, the URL is just from google images.
Haha i'm sounding really dumb here I bet.

Alex7089

what is the picture? We can give you the URL if you can somehow tell us where it is ;)

Bosh

Ok ill talk you thru what I'm trying to do.
I Type in what i wanted into google Then I click on the picture,
it takes me too a page then I highlight the URL and then C&P it into the "I have my own pic" section and it still doesn't work..

How do I steal some of the pictures from the "Hp, you need a new DP thread"?

Bosh

Haha I'll keep trying the other way, But thru Hp's thread is the only way I have learnt how to do it, Thanks for your help everyone.

Justin Bieber

Lol ;D.

I didn't have a problem when I was using google images. Went to a screen with just the pic in it (plain white with only the picture that can be seen),  and copy and pasted the URL and came up as my DP.

Alex7089

Ah with the new google images it does not work because the URL up the top i the web page with the pic on it, not where the actual picture is.