Why no live super coach scores?

Started by divi18, March 29, 2009, 12:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divi18

Hoping that Monty or somebody else in the know can give an exact reason why there are no live super coach scores anywhere, is it a champion data issue or is it coming from the AFL.

ando10

i know im pretty pissed about it
makes the games so much more exciting if you can follow the scores

m0nty

I don't know much about it either. All I do know is that Champion Data and/or the AFL and/or Telstra have stopped making SC scores available live to any part of the Internet. It's out of my hands.

I'm getting SC numbers to you as fast as I can get them and with 100% accuracy.

tony73

Monty,
The herald sun updates SC scores after each quarter, any chance you could update them same Q byQ?

jimmyha

Thats not a bad idea tony73..
It would be better than nothing

MaqAttaq

m0nty

the people who complain and/or question your goodwill and devotion to providing the rest of us with quality information on FF is off their rockers.

the wife kicks me off the TV on Friday nights and I pretend to complain about it so she can make me a coffee and sandwich for my sacrifice - but the truth is I prefer to follow the footy on FF anyway and watch the game on my internet TV

keep up the good work

Prospector_1

Yeah Maq, you sure know what side your bread's buttered on. Well done, totally agree etc.

bazza16

check out this thread on SFF
http://superfootyforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3140
Browse through every page, it has the 2 reasons why they dont do it- not that i agree
Basically, these are a scaled scoring system, and DT purchased the rights.

Prospector_1

In today's Oz...

The decision by the AFL to block access to Telstra's Game Day Live statistics feeds, which give second-by-second details of player statistics during games to non-Dream Team players, has angered some footy fans. Bloggers on Fanfooty.com.au said they were frustrated at no longer being able to get live stats.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,,25324365-7582,00.html

tony73

I don't see that anyone her is doging about Monty's efforts or the level of service he provides, its simply questioning SC score availability as a whole.

I would say the person who is able to provide this service would go a long way towards having a more popular web site and therefore more clicks on the pages$$$$

Cool9

Re: Today's story in the Australian. (see link from Prospector_1 above). Makes very interesting reading. To paraphrase, it seems AFL has blocked access to live Telstra feeds for SC stats in order to improve participation in DT. This is because SuperCoach is now far more popoular than AFL-backed Dream Team competition.

This is an extremely disappointing repsonse from the AFL, but unfortunately all too typical. Rather than improve their inferior product (DT), they try to 'market' (ie dupe) us into thinking DT is a better product and remove the competition from SC by blocking our access to live stats.

Well, AFL, you can forget it. DT is not a patch on SC and its regard for the effectiveness of a player in the game rather than simply his ability to rack up numbers. I don't care if there is never another live SC stat again, I won't play Dream Team while Super Coach is here. But I guess this shows the AFL itself is not interested in effectiveness either (ie a quality product) .... just in racking up big advertising $$.

Apologies for venting a little frustration folks.

Kenji

Quote from: Cool9 on April 14, 2009, 09:24:43 AM
Re: Today's story in the Australian. (see link from Prospector_1 above). Makes very interesting reading. To paraphrase, it seems AFL has blocked access to live Telstra feeds for SC stats in order to improve participation in DT. This is because SuperCoach is now far more popoular than AFL-backed Dream Team competition.

This is an extremely disappointing repsonse from the AFL, but unfortunately all too typical. Rather than improve their inferior product (DT), they try to 'market' (ie dupe) us into thinking DT is a better product and remove the competition from SC by blocking our access to live stats.

Well, AFL, you can forget it. DT is not a patch on SC and its regard for the effectiveness of a player in the game rather than simply his ability to rack up numbers. I don't care if there is never another live SC stat again, I won't play Dream Team while Super Coach is here. But I guess this shows the AFL itself is not interested in effectiveness either (ie a quality product) .... just in racking up big advertising $$.

Apologies for venting a little frustration folks.

Do you have any sources to your claims? Because you made some big (seemingly biased) calls there.

Prospector_1

Read the story?

"The AFL and Telstra's BigPond fantasy league Dream Team has moved to try to close the gap on the leading game, News Limited's Super Coach, by closing down access for consumers who play Super Coach to the live statistical feeds previously available free online."

"The decision by the AFL to block access to Telstra's Game Day Live statistics feeds, which give second-by-second details of player statistics during games to non-Dream Team players, has angered some footy fans. Bloggers on Fanfooty.com.au said they were frustrated at no longer being able to get live stats."

... A News source said: "Telstra was very upset and the AFL has shut it (live stats) down to protect the investment of Telstra. It also raises issues on how the next deal for game data is done."

Cool9

Kenji, I didn't make any claims. Just paraphrased the story from the Oz newspaper then provided my opinion which of course reflects my personal bias.

This is an old discussion now but still hasn't been resolved so is still relevant. No signs of being fixed this season but here's hoping we don't have a similar farce next year. Bring back live SC stats.

oz scotty

thay up date on too serious ( http://tooserious.net/?page=main) then go to game day.but do change a bit at the end of the game. hope this is a help :)