FIRSTIMER I FESS

Started by wrangle, April 21, 2010, 10:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrangle

Yep I'm a firstimer....

2 trades so far, 60k in bank.  traded voldt and tippett out. On 1962 ave.

Thinking hitchcock to rockcliff (got gumby, thinking rock better long term than pods but gee I love pods:)

Also ball to judd.  Just think TOG/scoring of Ball compared with legendary DTer/TOG of Judd will end up 30+ to Juddy at dust settling.  Also have Boyd who it seems will miss this week.

Worried about having used 4 trades by end of 4 rounds, cos I get it, this whole site is dominated by the view of not using trades too early:)

Advice?

Prospector_1

Going really nicely. They could be great trades, or you might wind up regretting them for the rest of the season!

elephants

haha stuff prospector keep him thinking

i dont think 4 trades in 4 rounds is too bad just hold up on the trading until round 8-10 that my play ;)

wrangle

Yep having read a heap of stuff on this site I knew prospector was gonna give a precise, thoughtful, and informed useless response.  I follow and rely on him

Flame

Trades look OK and prospector is right..IT might work!! Then again you amy curse for the season..What would feel worse??

Prospector_1

Quote from: wrangle on April 21, 2010, 11:32:56 AM
Yep having read a heap of stuff on this site I knew prospector was gonna give a precise, thoughtful, and informed useless response.  I follow and rely on him

Thank-you ;D

wrangle

sorry I might have seemed more critical than I meant to

Prospector_1

Quote from: wrangle on April 21, 2010, 11:40:55 AM
sorry I might have seemed more critical than I meant to

I thought it a perfectly measured backhander, well done!

wrangle

FFS ...All good... what should I do?

Prospector_1

Quote from: wrangle on April 21, 2010, 11:46:37 AM
FFS ...All good... what should I do?

Well, I have a rather similar problem, and I haven't decided what I'll do yet, so ...

wrangle

well thanks.  its much more clear now

wrangle

sorry, not being a smartarse, sent before saw last message.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: wrangle on April 21, 2010, 10:47:39 AM
Yep I'm a firstimer....

2 trades so far, 60k in bank.  traded voldt and tippett out. On 1962 ave.

Thinking hitchcock to rockcliff (got gumby, thinking rock better long term than pods but gee I love pods:)

Also ball to judd.  Just think TOG/scoring of Ball compared with legendary DTer/TOG of Judd will end up 30+ to Juddy at dust settling.  Also have Boyd who it seems will miss this week.

Worried about having used 4 trades by end of 4 rounds, cos I get it, this whole site is dominated by the view of not using trades too early:)

Advice?

I would not trade Hitchcock but instead leave him as a benchie
Why? He is called upon to play every week in the line up and not interchange pretty much and will get TOG. Sure he does not fair as a DT scorer, but is a very nice inclusion in case of injury instead of a big fat 0!

As for Pods Jump on him as I have mentioned in another post you would be silly not to. Geelong do not allow even a second round go if the elevated rookie is not up to scratch. Pods can play all over the ground and will definitely be a first pick for any positioned player that has injury.

Do not forget Pods is a senior rookie with 187 VFL games under his belt and now two AFL games . He is 28 years of age and still hungry for a spot in the AFL senior level and now given the chance has proven himself.

As for Ball to Judd, I have had Judd on my bench since round 1. He has come out righting where it would normally take other players a few rounds to step back up to their 'once was' level.

Just out of curiosity who did you trade Roos and Tippet to?

PS. Your average for a first timer is just grand. Keep up the good work :)

wrangle

Thanks MissPies for a great response.
I traded Roo for Brown, not too unexpected!  The risk I took was to trade Tippett to Burton.  Thinking was I would trade Birdman when he got a LTI, but 6 weeks out of him (given the crows run) would be better than 6 weeks of Tippett.
But Ball to Judd has captured my thinking....

nickyt

This is good advice, excellent job MissPies.