Main Menu

How many is too many?

Started by Carnthedockers, April 15, 2010, 09:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnthedockers

How many players from one team is too many? I want to add Higgins for Roo but already have 3 dogs, is this too much?

Paddy13

i have 4 cats and 4 dockers....its fine!

elxam

If Only...

I suppose this has been a well covered topic, but I truly can not understand peoples concerns about having multiple people from 1 team.

As far as I can see, the only thing it will do is mean that your group in that position will be more consistent.  Assuming that (pretty loose assumption in the first place imo) there are only a certain number of points available in a teams fwd line or midfield or even whole team (understand in SC this is more relevent) by having a large group from one team it will assumedly mean you are more likely to have a range of scores from your 'group'.  This may sound bad initially because you will have some high and some low scoring players, but overall it seems like a good thing to me.  By spreading your players across multiple team all you are doing is increasing the chance of fluctuations?  You may be able to get a higher score one week if they all happen to fire at the same time but equally likely is that they all have stinkersat the same time.  Which, if using the same logic, will happen since there is only a certain amount of points 'available'.  Is consistency not a good thing??  Players will average what they average regardless of your team selection.  The only argument that I can justify is that a team can get slaughtered and so a fwd line might not do well.  But by avoiding this (which is rare these days) you are only creating another possibility of inconsistency.

Interested to hear what people who believe in the maxs from one team or from one teams particular position believe.

Not having a go, just earnestly interested.

Cheers
John

Sammocorw

Will only be a problem next year when there is a bye!

nickyt

That is fantastic logic John well thought out mate :P

If Only...

Cheers mate.  Have been wondering about it as have seen people say it a fair bit.

MissPiesFF

I like to choose players that meld well together from the same team. There is nothing like seeing your two ..lets say umm Carlton players handing the ball to each other through run, carry,pass all the way up the ground and it results in a goal! Absolute Magic.

nickyt

ELLsendon

I Have 4 Carlton players.

1 on the bench

elxam

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elxam on April 25, 2010, 02:05:05 PM
Quote from: elxam on April 15, 2010, 09:57:31 AM
i have 6 cats
now have 7
Just try not to crack the 10 barrier ;).

I try to keep my limit to 5 so i can have a better spread. Gets me to watch more games as well.

Flame

The more cat players the better!!

nickyt

Just fill ur team with cats, saints and pies IMO.