From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Bazinga    Feeling Sheepish
Batting - Top Order:    6,927    7,971
Batting - Middle Order:    5,909    6,801
Batting - Tail:    2,843    3,635
Bowling - Seam:    6,741 (6)    8,320 (6)
Bowling - Spin:    8,312 (4)    9,753 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:    5,647    7,831
Overall:    113,659    137,951

I won by 9 wickets. Accidentally played a guy with average batting at 4 and didn't play my best keeper so I am happy with the ratings.
Darya MOTM for his 101*, 2 votes for Phalgun who took 4/31 & Shagmeister's 57* got him 1 vote :)

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 02, 2011, 05:30:10 PM
   Bazinga    Feeling Sheepish
Batting - Top Order:    6,927    7,971
Batting - Middle Order:    5,909    6,801
Batting - Tail:    2,843    3,635
Bowling - Seam:    6,741 (6)    8,320 (6)
Bowling - Spin:    8,312 (4)    9,753 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:    5,647    7,831
Overall:    113,659    137,951

I won by 9 wickets. Accidentally played a guy with average batting at 4 and didn't play my best keeper so I am happy with the ratings.
Darya MOTM for his 101*, 2 votes for Phalgun who took 4/31 & Shagmeister's 57* got him 1 vote :)
nice stuff Ax good ratings considering the guy at 4 and not ur best keeper

amazing how good u getting joined late and flying up there ;)

Alex7089

Not as good as BOOMZ, rates 150k+ and he started after me XD
But I'm happy with where I'm at, only 2 guys in my team over 25, 3  when I play Dunn but by the time Dunn can't play any more Collins/Khan will be dominating so ::)

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 02, 2011, 05:35:32 PM
Not as good as BOOMZ, rates 150k+ and he started after me XD
But I'm happy with where I'm at, only 2 guys in my team over 25, 3  when I play Dunn but by the time Dunn can't play any more Collins/Khan will be dominating so ::)

yeah boomz is freaky how good his got in such a short amount of time

i got walsh at 25 masood at 24 then younger from there

Alex7089

Nice Daz 8)
In a few seasons you will be unbeatable ;)

BOOMZ has a fair few older guys though...That is why.

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 02, 2011, 05:43:22 PM
Nice Daz 8)
In a few seasons you will be unbeatable ;)

BOOMZ has a fair few older guys though...That is why.
doubt that very much but i am coming along nicely since i decided to focus a little on my team as in i got a few players i needed instead of not worrying bout it...lol

Alex7089

Haha yeah I need to do that. I have 3 keepers in my squad 0_o

I will play Collins whenever I can, as a batsman, just to get the experience in to him. Collins will be a star ;D

I have been thinking about selling Dunn, but I wouldn't get much of the sale price :-\

I am about to pick up a nice project player. 20 y.o reli/cap very bad secondaries, but expert captaincy. I think I could work him in to something really good :)
I will play him in easy games along with Collins :D

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 02, 2011, 05:54:25 PM
Haha yeah I need to do that. I have 3 keepers in my squad 0_o

I will play Collins whenever I can, as a batsman, just to get the experience in to him. Collins will be a star ;D

I have been thinking about selling Dunn, but I wouldn't get much of the sale price :-\
yeah but if u really don't need him u paying his wages for nothing and in the long rung thats gonna cost u more

thats why i sold e-alam outs/accom wristy but his secondaries weren't up to scratch to start for me and was 24 so off he went for 50k

cookie311993

everyone needs older players. i doubt many players on FF have  the Academy level to make full use of the younger players and training them. I use to have a very youthful side. Changed that cause academy too low and dont train as fast. Want to get SA up to Excellent or better before you start with the younger squad members. I only have a couple of young players. when i get excellent or better SA i will start to invest in more younger players. Thats my advice for you Daz if you understand what i mean

bomberboy0618

hmm i need some more batters, my best summary is expert for my batters :(

DazBurg

Quote from: cookie311993 on January 02, 2011, 05:58:14 PM
everyone needs older players. i doubt many players on FF have  the Academy level to make full use of the younger players and training them. I use to have a very youthful side. Changed that cause academy too low and dont train as fast. Want to get SA up to Excellent or better before you start with the younger squad members. I only have a couple of young players. when i get excellent or better SA i will start to invest in more younger players. Thats my advice for you Daz if you understand what i mean
i agree totally to a degree there cookie cuz the good older good experienced blokes cost a bucket load more and i don't have alot of cash so hene why younger less experienced may not give that same short term kick but can afford it more

i mean if i pulled a gun youth i'd sell him for a mil and buy some older experienced guns but that just isn't happening atm

Master Q

BOOMZ's team is a bunch of old guys that's why. Not always true Daz and Cookie, I'm not doing to badly and I only have one guy 25 or Older in my Starting XI.

bomberboy0618

Alex7089

I try not to get overly old players Cookie. I know it is all well and good to have a gun team but at the end of the day it is a game and games are supposed to be fun, for me getting players young and watching them grow and improve, I get attached to them, for you it might be being the best, that is your choice ;)

I will get there one day :P

Yes he is BBoy.

Master Q

I am BB.

I agree with Alex.

I mean, look at this guy: My No.3 and Captain
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=354064

Love watching him play and grow. All the best teams are really Old, eventually they start going down, like the Delhi Darwhackers aren't No.1 anymore.